12.07.2012

Barre Bee Fit "HOT for the Holidays" Challenge, Week 2

Well, folks, week #2 of the "HOT for the Holidays" challenge is down, and I have to say...I'm feeling pretty great!

My goal this week (in addition to my larger goal of feeling "swimsuit ready" for Maui in a few weeks!) was to take as many different Barre Bee Fit classes as well as keep up with the Instagram portion of the challenge. 


With our Friendsgiving dinner and a crazy work schedule, I didn't meet all of my goals, but I am hoping to rectify that next week.


Fitness Portion:


You can see my week 2 workouts below.  A few thoughts?



The Barre Burn class at BBF is intense!  It's essentially their Barre Bee class, but in a 95 degree heated studio.  As intense as it is, I feel really relaxed after each one.  I've been trying to develop the habit of taking a heated class on Sundays - perhaps it's a great way to detox from the weekend?  Also, I will say that I am able to make it through the thigh and seat portions of class with fewer breaks:)

Despite my "days off", I have noticed an ever-so-slight change in my body.  I don't own a scale, so I try to gauge things by how my clothes fit and how I feel in general.


Instagram Portion:

IMG_1968 IMG_1987 IMG_1988
1.) What you did to work toward your goal: lots of water!
2.) Your favorite post workout snack
3.) Something that motivates you.  (These photos are all over Barre Bee Fit.  Umm.  TOTAL motivation!)
4.) Someone that makes me laugh.  Originally, I posted all of my family, but yes!  My answer was my family.
5.) Me.  In the middle of high knees.  At 5:30 a.m.  With no makeup.  After a run.  Ugh.  I'm sorry for this one.
6.) What I did to work towards my goal:  a quiet morning with my classroom Keurig.  After this week, I needed it.

Despite this crazy week, I continue to love this challenge.  I've found that the environment at Barre Bee Fit is much friendlier and far less intimidating than other barre studios, and there is definitely a sense of community involved.  If you're in the Chicagoland area and want to try a class, I'd LOVE to take you!  Email me!

OR...would you rather check out some fashion?  Drink some wine?  Get to know some new women?  You should join me at the "Hot for the Holidays" party!  Check out the deets below!


HOT for the Holidays

Have a great weekend, folks!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love your blog makeover! Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New layout looks amazing. SO GOOD! I love it--it's perfect! Seems like the comments are working just fine, too. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, to answer your email, I love love love love LOVE your new look. It looks perfect to me and, obvi, comments are working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good love! Hope you're having a great week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up! I love all the pictures! I am so bad at taking pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Meghan! This challenge seems great. And you basically just took two rest days, since one of those Thursdays would be a different week. I'd be pretty stinkin happy with that. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...