When I left school on Friday afternoon, my break did have a bit of a rocky start, as I had to get an MRI for my leg. (Yeah, remember how I was all like, "I'm so smart with my training"...FAIL) Anyway, the results are still inconclusive, but I decided to put it all behind me and enjoy a mini-road trip to visit my in-laws. We had such a relaxing night, filled with dinner, drinks and (for me) ten hours of sleep. SO needed. And SO grateful to have in-laws who allow me to snore on their couch.
Saturday evening brought a visit from my brother and sister-in-law and SUSHI! Seriously, I am sure the running gods would have preferred that I find a better way to fuel for an 8K the following morning, but a trip to Rise and a belly full of sushi and martinis seemed to do the trick...

(Flaming maki. Race meal of champions.)
Given the fact that I still had no idea what was wrong with my leg, I was super apprehensive about running the Shamrock Shuffle 8K on Sunday morning. It's the largest 8K in the country (40,000 people!!!) and so many of my family and friends participated. I did my best to prepare for a pain-free race, as well as mentally try to accept the fact that this might not go so well. Hello, k-tape!

(I'm sure your life is complete now that you've seen my leg. And new lululemon racing tights.)
Boy, was I wrong.

Official Time: 42:42 / 4.97 miles
Average Pace: 8:35
Seriously. How did this happen? I couldn't believe how amazing I felt. I was pain-free and the weather was just gorgeous. My Garmin was WAY off with distance (the course is in the middle of the city, which is unfriendly to satellites), but thanks to someone who posted a tip on Twitter, I set my laps on "manual" so even though the distance was off, I was able to accurately track my time.
Between the above events, "Hunger Games" and the return of "Mad Men" (who else wants to punch the new Mrs. Draper in the face?), I'd say my weekend was a win!
P.S. Don't forget about my eMeals giveaway!
Between the above events, "Hunger Games" and the return of "Mad Men" (who else wants to punch the new Mrs. Draper in the face?), I'd say my weekend was a win!
How was your weekend???
P.S. Don't forget about my eMeals giveaway!
You go girl! That time is awesome!
ReplyDeleteYour time is great! Congrats! Sushi + martinis = happiness... the Running Gods would understand. What's the K-tape? Love your tights! Enjoy your break.
ReplyDeleteI also carbo-loaded with sushi!! Mine wasn't flaming though. :( Great job on the shuffle!! Sleep in one day for me this week!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the your time! You rock! :) I SO wish I would have done the Shamrock Shuffle this year! I did it last year and it was a blast.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Super excited to meet you at the Dirty Girl Mud Run!!
ReplyDeleteI love me some sushi before races. It feels so much lighter in my belly than pasta.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the KT tape and your leg worked together for the race. I'm happy everything came together for you at the shuffle.
Congrats again!
I stayed up til 2 AM last night after I saw the Hunger Games watching Mad Men....oy Megan Draper! I dislike...also holy babies Mad Men! YAY for you on your PR!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your time!! That's great!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your leg pain figured out soon.
I ran in the Around the Bay 30K relay this weekend in Canada and it was AMAZING!
Way to go, girl! Now that the weather around Houston is becoming bearable and it's not raining every 30 seconds, I'm planning on getting back on the trails too :)
ReplyDeleteGood run! I'm pretty jealous of the fact that you get a spring break and you get to sleep in!
ReplyDeleteGotta love the green tape! So proud of you for your run! You rocked it! I hope they solve the problem with your leg soon, and enjoy your spring break! I'm certainly very jealous!
ReplyDeleteWOO! GREAT job on the 8k! Way to stay strong!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing. Enjoy some reading on your staycatation. For me, because I have no down time til at least June. ha ha.
ReplyDeleteLove,
B
Congrats on your time ;)
ReplyDeleteI'M SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE ON SPRING BREAK! =) That aside, congrats on your time, lady! You rock!
ReplyDeleteAhhh yayy! Enjoy your spring break and all of that well-deserved resting up! Congratulations on your race! Oooh if only I had the willpower to run!
ReplyDeletegood job on your time!! hope you enjoy your spring break!
ReplyDeleteand thanks for the sweet comment on my post.
ps... what do you think for a link up date? i just realized its already the end of the month... where did march go?!
ReplyDeleteYou rock!!! And love the green tape - how appropriate :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous weekend. Enjoy your spring break!
Congratulations on such an awesome run! You're right-- your leg is HAWT.
ReplyDeleteYou are so awesome, amazing job lady!
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed at your time--congrats! That is so impressive. I've been coveting lululemon running tights but I just can't bring myself to spend the $$. I got some compression tights at Old Navy that are a pretty decent substitute. I always check the sale racks at lululemon but the middle sizes are never there! It's always only 2s and 12s. :(
ReplyDeleteI wanna get my mama one of those Garmin watches for her bday--what's the best one to get, and where should I order it?
p.s. that sushi looks DIVINE and I don't even eat fish. My roomie and I had a sushi date yesterday where I ate delicious yam tempura maki, edamame, and veggie gyoza. And now I want it again today, haha!
Yay for spring break and an awesome time at your 8k, but boo to your leg :( You're a trooper though, I know you'll pull through! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad to hear that the race was a success! That's great that you were able to run it. I hope you get some good results back from the test saying it's all going to be ok! Ugh!! I hope they break up soon.. Don that is.
ReplyDeleteThat sushi looks crazy amazing! Yay for race. I wish I could get motivated to do any running/jogging. I think I am allergic? ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! Your time was fast!! Holy Moly Meghan that's awesome/adds so much confusion I'm sure. And how did you know the pattern to put on the KT Tape? I always see all these different patterns and wonder if there's a method to the madness.
ReplyDelete