
Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Once again, I am co-hosting the monthly "Go For the Goal" progress link-up with the lovely Meghan and Lori.
My goals are divided into three categories: running, blogging and personal. However, I decided to focus on the running goals today, as I don't have much to report with the other categories.
So, here they are:
* To listen to my body and take rest days when needed.
I swear, I am ROCKING this one! Since becoming a FitFluential Ambassador, I have been inundated each day with articles, resources, etc and I have been diligently absorbing everything and anything I can. When my legs feel exhausted, or I notice tightness in my hips, I replace running with cross-training (my new favorite is spinning HERE), amp up the yoga, and become besties with my foam roller.
I would like to take all of my rest days here. Thank you.
I swear, I am ROCKING this one! Since becoming a FitFluential Ambassador, I have been inundated each day with articles, resources, etc and I have been diligently absorbing everything and anything I can. When my legs feel exhausted, or I notice tightness in my hips, I replace running with cross-training (my new favorite is spinning HERE), amp up the yoga, and become besties with my foam roller.
* To run a sub 2:00 half-marathon.
Quite honestly, I am not sure if I will accomplish this on April 1st. But May 5th is another story. Right now, I am trying to run smarter and not necessarily faster. I want to build a base before amping up the speed work. Then again, a sub-2:00 half is only three minutes from my PR of 2:03, so it's within reach! Regardless, it's race season in Chicago, and I am excited to participate in the following:
Shamrock Shuffle 8K (largest 8K in the country!)
Chi-Town Half Marathon
360 Spring Ahead 10K
Race to Wrigley 5K
CARA Lakefront 10-Miler
OneAmerica Indy Mini-Marathon
* To NOT rule out the possibility of a full marathon.
Still waiting on NYC. Who knows??? :)
Still waiting on NYC. Who knows??? :)
* To continue to practice yoga and Bar Method once a week (each).
This is still happening, and I still love it. Except I don't look half as graceful.
P.S. - My Blissdom blogger tips, as well as some changes, will be coming your way next week!
How did you do with your goals? Link up below and share!




Sounds like you're doing great with your running! I'm glad you're listening to what your body needs. It looks like you're still getting in some kick-butt workouts! Good job :)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a wonderful job and I think you have very realistic goals and you're going to do great. I like how you're not deceiving yourself or trying to overdo it. I'm doing ok on mine. I have an aggressive time goal for my half in 2 weeks, but am having a dickens of a time recovering from each long run. Tomorrow's run is 13 miles, and most of it is on the race course. We'll see how that goes. Make sure you get some massages here and there... they do wonders!
ReplyDeleteGreat goals - I wasn't able to get to Bar Method this week so need to get back on track. Good luck getting into NYC!
ReplyDeleteYou're rocking your accomplishments fraaaand! My dream is to run a sub-2:00 half, but I don't think that'll happen until later this year.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with your goals! I am still going strong with mine and I am accomplishing one that I wasn't so sure I would (try a clean eating cleanse). You've got this sub-2 half marathon! I love your race schedule, sounds like lots of fun races!
ReplyDeleteyou're doing great!! listening to your body is so important!
ReplyDeleteThat's it. I'm moving to Chicago so we can go to yoga & PB together. No one will do yoga with me here :(
ReplyDeleteYou're doing so awesome, what a great influence you are!
ReplyDeleteSo I have almost convinced C to move to Chicago. He said if he hasnt found a job by April 1st he will look at jobs in the CHICAGO!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you mentioned how you take breaks when your hips get tight. This happens to me too and when I run it just makes it worse. Thanks for the reminder to listen to my body!
ReplyDeleteThat quote with the girl tying her shoe was definitely needed because that for sure is so hard! Good luck with your sub 2:00 half!! Can't wait to hear how your races go!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your doing great girl :)
ReplyDeleteDon't rule out NYC! You never know! It's hard work and I loved every minute of it!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how the race seasons differ in different parts of the country. I'm backing off after this weekend and may run some 5k's and 10k's, but there are starting to be fewer and fewer half marathons offered as it's heating up (or already has heated up!). I'm glad you're listening to your body and taking rest days. I learned the value of those when I had the hip problems in December. That month off of cross training and yoga did wonders for my understanding of the necessity of rest and cross training. Bar Method seems really cool, and I'm so glad that you're spinning!!! Isn't it the best?! And don't rule out NYC. I swear to you the power of positive thinking works! Are you worried about training for it or getting into it? If we both get into it I think we should run it together. We're pretty much dead on the same pace and it would be fun to motivate each other.
ReplyDeleteAnd a sub 2 hour half? You've got it in the bag! Your training is awesome, and I bet that cross training makes all the difference! I can't wait to see how awesome you do!
Awesome training! I have been doing cross training more and more because I tend to just get that runners high, and keep going. I always..and I mean always push myself too hard when I do that, and usually end up with an injury. I have learned..kind of..to listen to my body!
ReplyDeleteI wish they had bar method in Florida. They don't have it in RI either. :(
With all the cross training you've been doing, you can TOTALLY run a sub 2!!!
ReplyDelete