1.) Spring has (finally) arrived in Chicago!

(Photo taken with my iPhone on a run)
Isn't it funny how we can be so motivated by objects? I recently purchased these running tights, and I swear, it made my long run this morning that much faster! HA!


I swear, I really wasn't THAT into it - until I saw the "William and Kate" Lifetime movie. So, like most of the Twitter world, I woke up early on Friday to watch as much of the coverage as possible before work. I honestly didn't think I'd be as moved as I was. Kate was just stunning and classic, and what can I say? I am a sucker for romance!
(And P.S. I noticed that many people on Facebook (Ahem, MEN!) kept slamming those who watched the wedding, claiming that those who cared about it either a.) did not care about America, or b.) should pay closer attention to other events happening around the world. Listen up, y'all! Just because someone is a sucker for romance does NOT mean they are ill-informed about other news, nor is it a sign of a lack of patriotism. Let's calm down here. I would also like to point out that these are the SAME people who constantly update their status about REALLY important things like baseball. And also think that Barack Obama was born in Africa. GET A CLUE.)
4.) The new show "Happy Endings".
Umm, this show is HILARIOUS. I totally wish I was able to spend more time with my friends and indulge in crazy antics.
5.) That these two ladies are coming to visit in a little over a month!

6.) That clients give my hubby gift cards so he can take me out to dinner.
7.) There is one month left of the school year, and then it's SUMMER!
8.) Reading a good book in bed.
9.) Z Gallerie. Why have I not ordered from this place before? On my radar?



10.) Triple grande non-fat caramel macchiatos.

I was supposed to choose ten people to continue the "Favorite Things" list, but if you're interested, please play along! What is making YOU happy?
I love this cheerful prompt. :) Coffee would be at the top of my list, I tell you. Mine's brewing right now and I can hardly wait for it to finish. Also: hiking season! I did a bike hike yesterday and the weather was gorgeous and let me just say that the views in California are astounding! I'm babysitting today but if I have time later I'll totally come up with ten and blog about it!
ReplyDeleteUhh Starbucks... why is it there is only one in Denmark, and that is in the airport in Copenhagen, which is 4 hours away... that is usually one of my favorite things when we go on summer vacation, but this year it looks like we are staying home so no starbucks for me!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a Starbucks right now.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I watched the Lifetime movie before watching the running - loved it!
I need to order some running tights to save for next year - are they on sale somewhere?
Hello Starbucks, I'm gonna treat me with some tomorrow! Yum. And I loved the wedding and your PS note under your #3. Could not have said it any better. This was a historical event (and ya know I love history), and just something good happening in the world for once. I'm sending you a huge hug over for posting this!!! YAY!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday.
xoxo
I cant wait to come visit!!! And yes Starbuks duh!
ReplyDeleteDude... we got SNOW this morning. SNOW. I mean, it was only some flakes but STILL. It's MAY!
ReplyDeleteYay! So excited for our trip! Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't going to watch the wedding but then I totally got sucked in and can't stop looking at photos etc now!
ReplyDeleteMarathon:) Yay! You'll do great.
ReplyDeleteI went to Fleet and Feet on Friday and splurged on new clothes, shoes, and an amphipod pack to hold my stuff when I run. I ran a 5K Saturday, and I can't wait to run my next race. Thinking about the Childrens Memorial 5K!
re: the wedding! i didn't watch (was in Serbia) but - i'm glad so many people watched it! with everything else going on in the world - we all could use a little more love!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about the royal wedding. I had a good time watching it, but I was shocked by how many people said negative things about it on facebook. A girl I know posted "I didn't watch the wedding because I DON'T CARE" and I thought, why do you think we care about what you don't care about?
ReplyDeleteEither way I'd rather be the one excited about something and enjoying the little things than complaining.
Fun things! I love reading in bed - just thinking about it makes me feel warm and cozy inside. I'm reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and it's AMAZING. Super good. I missed the Royal Wedding but I love looking at photos. Beautiful. Kate's just gorgeous (I am not sure I would use that word to describe William though - he better be lots of fun). I agree about the stupid Facebook people. People around the world tuned in for Obama's inauguration and no one thought that was unpatriotic. What nincompoops.
ReplyDeleteYeah for the marathon of course!!!!
I really like Happy Endings also! I hope it makes it. I just got new running shoes this week and I have at least increased the number of times I have attempted to run in the past week.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha. I like your comment about people who were bashing on those who watched the Royal Wedding. Amen, sista.
ReplyDeleteThings that are currently making me happy:
zumba
the library
lemongrass loose leaf tea
sun
Netflix
Fair trade cacao nibs dipped in chocolate
(Non-fat) caramel macchiatos are my fav. Only liking the non-fat now becuase my butt likes regular milk too much ;)
ReplyDeleteTotally agree about the wedding, was so over it before it happened...and then it happend and I fell in love. Kate is perfection! And William was so great at making her feel comfortable.
Ahh this post was great! I mean, I always love your posts, but I especially loved this one. Because I always love Starbucks, and because the royal wedding was amazing!
ReplyDeleteThese days, I'm loving anything coconut-scented, bringing my point and shoot everywhere, reading Barbara Kingsolver novels, and chugging water! Strangely, I haven't been in the mood for my usual iced americano lately and prefer fruity, citrusy drinks over ice! A sign of spring, I imagine :)
So true about the wedding! The only thing that bothered me was the useless news stories leading up to the wedding - like "how to behave at a royal wedding", and "how big is too big for a royal wedding hat". I thought those were mindless wastes of news time, but I thought that the wedding coverage was awesome. Loved seeing it!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you! New gym clothes motivate me too! Hahaha
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you! New gym clothes motivate me too! Hahaha
ReplyDeleteNon-fat caramel Macchiatos??? Really? How have I never had one!! I must change that!! Oh the wedding was beautiful regardless of what anybody said!! Yeah for Spring in Chicago!! I miss Chicago!
ReplyDeleteBtw dear, the trailers of the Transformer movie are now all over the net and you can totally see where the Hotel Monaco is!! You gotta check it out!! =)
Have a great day!
Melanie's Randomness
Super fun post! I missed all of the Royal Wedding coverage since we were away on vacation. They aired it on our cruise ship, but I slept through it because of the crazy night before attending lots of concerts. I’ve loved catching up and seeing all of the pics. Kate was a beautiful bride and will make a lovely Princess.
ReplyDeleteI hope you do awesome in the Mini-Marathon.
Z Galerie is an awesome shop and I wonder why I haven’t placed an order yet either.
I seriously cant wait for my summer vacation! Neely and Ashley are so awesome! I loved watching the Royal Wedding!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, so jealous that spring has sprung in Chicago (that first picture is SO cute!!) Our weather in the Twin Cities has been sooo wonky lately... 65ish with sun one day... then 40 and rain :-( Wish it would just stay warm!! Mmmm, and reading a good book in bed? Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I could incorporate a "Favorite things" post for traveling either with gear, places, or packing pieces/travel clothing? Let's see if Cayle would agree to it. Would that be interesting.....hmmm.
ReplyDeletei love love love love love love love love love love (ten times) this post! more please!
ReplyDeleteand thank you for your royal scolding of the haters out there. i watched it and thought it was wonderful. and then i watched it over and over again about 6 more times...