Hey All You Perfect Compilation Tape Readers!
I’m Courtney from a little blog I like to call “Chaos Theory” - because, well, my life? It’s chaos. But a GOOD chaos, I promise! Sometimes fun, sometimes exciting, sometimes boring, sometimes schooling.... you get the picture. I’m a twenty-somethin’ just trying to figure out where the road is going to take me!
In any case, while Meghan is off getting her end-of-school stuff in order, she’s asked me to take this Friday and guest post for her!
You see, now that I’ve finished and turned in my thesis (!!!) I’m trying to plan a road trip once I get back to the States to see all the Kitchy Americana I’ve been missing since living in Budapest. We’re talking... Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Diners, Largest Ball of Twine, Cadillac Ranch in Texas, Rt. 66.... I want to see it ALL! But, that’s a lot of driving! So, clearly I will need some tunes to keep me company. So, in perfect Compilation Tape fashion, I’m going to give you the Perfect “I’m Taking a Road Trip Across the USofA” Compilation Tape!
1. “Everyday is a Winding Road” - Sheryl Crow
2. “Streetcorner Symphony” - Rob Thomas
3. “One Week” - Barenaked Ladies
4. “Ventura Highway” - America
5. “Life in the Fast Lane” - The Eagles
6. “If I Never See Your Face Again” - Maroon 5 feat. Rihanna
7. “Walkin’ in Memphis” - Marc Cohn
8. “Pop” - Nsync
9. “Road Trippin’” - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. “Surfing USA” - Beach Boys
Here’s where you come in, faithful Compilation Tape readers, I’m ALWAYS looking for more music to play while I roll the windows down and cruise the highways and byways of the American landscape. So, suggestions anyone?
I'm going to have to post my road trip soundtracks one of these days! I make one every year before we go on our big girls-only road trip!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Great list Courtney! :)
ReplyDeleteThese songs are awesome, great list!
ReplyDeleteGreat choices...I think I'll make a list as we're road tripping in July (Not as exciting as yours but still 12 hours in the car)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend-glad you got your thesis done!
great list courtney! one of my favourite road trip singers is prince! you 'll be dancing behind the wheel. maroon 5's "songs about jane" is one of those records that i love to drive to as well!
ReplyDeletehappy travels! i hope to get to yellowstone one day too!