That being said, I wish I had a more exciting topic this week, but I am currently in a state of my life where I've been maintaining the status quo, I suppose. Job? Going well! The year is winding down, and as a result, so are the stress levels. Fitness? Between half-marathon training and Bar Method classes, I've been pushing it hard six days per week. Friends? Of course I wish I saw them more often, but everyone seems to be doing well. Family? God love 'em! The hubs? We've been enjoying quiet nights at home and are patiently waiting for the weather to turn!
Yet, there have been little bits of excitement lately, and so, I've decided to create a list revolving around:
The Top 5 Things I Am Loving Right Now...
5. The sunshine in Chicago! While it's still 30 degrees outside, the sun does make a bit of a difference!
4. Cake pops.
So, I have to tell you guys something. As many of you know, I gave up Starbucks for Lent. I did really well. And then I went to Austin. There was a STARBUCKS IN MY HOTEL. Seriously. The big JC was testing me big time, and I failed. In my defense, I ONLY bought coffee and a cake pop ONCE, and we were there for four days. And it doesn't count if my husband buys it for me, right? :) But no fear - I returned to Chicago and am still Starbucks-free.
But hi. The cake pops are amazeballs.

3. This little rug from Target.

Because I totally needed to put a rug on top of carpeting, right? Oh, and btw, that is Vicki and Tamra in Cabo, in case you were wondering...
2. The fact that my friends trust me to watch their adorable child.

Sigh. This little lady melts my heart. And enjoys eating my iPhone.
1. And yes, I still love me some Austin memories. Check out some of the random photos I took!




(Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this one hilarious...)
So, that's all, folks! What's making YOU smile this week?
P.S. I posted this list early in the event that you needed something to blog about tomorrow! If you end up posting a Top 5 list, let me know so I can come check it out!
hahaha i totally have a pic in front of that austin motel cuz we thought it was hilarious! :)
ReplyDeleteOMFG, cake pops? I'm dying. Must. Eat. Cake. Pops.
ReplyDeletei went to austin about 5 years ago and loved it. we only went down there one night to go out...but it was AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteand yes...that "austin motel" sign is hilarious. before i even read your comment i thought "that sign resembles a little sumthin' sumthin'"
I was scrolling through the pics and OMG THAT IS A BIG GIANT PENIS SIGN. I am mentally 12.
ReplyDeleteThe cake pops are so good! That rug is super cute! Haha and that sign is hilarious. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen did Starbucks start selling cakeballs? I had no idea...Have you heard of Bakerella? Google it. I made her red velvet cakeballs and her oreo cakeballs and they were delicious. I have had request from my students to bring them in again and again.
ReplyDeleteORANGES are making me happy this week. They smell SO GOOD and I ate 4 of them today lol.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a GREAT topic! I love that "till death do us part" graffiti art--you should seriously blow that up and frame it. I love it. Almost as much as I love the penis motel. HA!
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm sure God turned the other way when you went into Starbucks :)
Never had a cake pop--totally going to try that after Lent is over! Great pictures from Austin!
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
I always appreciate genitalia shaped signs and cant wait to visit you! That should be a top 5 every week duh
ReplyDeleteI'm now loving what you are loving! What a cute little girl! And cheating - not your fault! Totally your husband's hehe! For some reason this Lent I am not even having cravings (I gave up soda) which is way weird.
ReplyDeleteI love me some real housewives! That episode was hilarious!
ReplyDeletewhat a little cutie! I'm definitely loving the sunshine here. It had rained every day for almost a month, breaking records that don't need to be broken, ha! But today? Today it was almost 80 and my heart was happy :)
ReplyDeleteInteresting sign...hahahaha! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the rest of the pictures too. ;)
And hopefully some warmer air is on its way to you!!!! April is basically around the corner! :)
xoxo
Yeah you are not the only one finding that sign hilarious:)
ReplyDeleteStill loving the Austin pics - makes me want to go there!
ReplyDeleteAnd I have to admit, I laughed a little about the "JC" comment. ha!
Chuy's!!
ReplyDeleteI totally want a cake pop.
I want to visit Austin & Chicago. Both cities look great!
ReplyDeleteAnd I now want a cake pop. THANKS. Haha.
I also love that rug from Target. I can't wait to move in Sept. so I can decorate my new apt!
Ha! I love that your TV has the Housewives on in the background. Sadly, I knew that before I even read your comment. Is it just me or are they more insane this year than ever? I think they've lost it!
ReplyDeleteI gave up sweets for Lent- so those cakeballs look like pieces of heaven.
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Austin. I used to visit there frequently, but haven't been in years. (And I've always giggled at the Autin Motel sign.)
Oh- and The Real Housewives rock my socks off. Vicki is SUCH a bore.
I gave up Starbucks for Lent too. It was hell staying at the Sheraton in San Diego, because they had a Starbucks in the lobby. Gorgeous hotel.
ReplyDeleteBleeding Heart Bakery has some of the most amazing cake balls I have ever had. Seriously. The guys who work for me about died when I brought them in.
You slipped?! It's okay...you only did it once :)
ReplyDeleteI love that adorable little girl's face in the picture you snapped. My nephew is obsessed with Chad's iPhone. When he is fussy, we just show him the phone and he scoots right up to us with his outstretched little hand. It's so cute :)
Happy Thursday, Meghan!
It sounds like everything is going well on the life front and that is always a plus!
ReplyDeleteIt’s been really cold in Philly too and we’ve seen a few days of sun. It’s getting ready to rain for days though :-/
I still need to try the Starbs cake pops. I also need to whip up another batch at home, but they’re so dangerous to have around.
I like the new rug and now that I know what you said is on TV, I remember that scene of them lounging by the pool.
Your friend’s baby is so cute and I love the photos from Austin! The last one is pretty hysterical.
Looks like you had a great time in Austin! Oh my gosh I have been DYING to try those cakeballs but have been willing myself to resist...
ReplyDeleteDude those cake pops are inSANE... In. Sane. (My boyfriend is in the Target management program, currently at one of the super Targets with a Starbucks, and he may or may not bring these home at the end of the day. And I may or may not fit into my jeans come May.... So worth it.)
ReplyDeleteI have heard about cake pops about 1000 times this week -- now I am REALLY wanting some!! :)
ReplyDeleteso i had my FIRST cake pop finally today... iNSTANT addiction!!!!!
ReplyDeleteinstant.
and austin, i love austin!
i bought the cutest carpet from target too because our home is covered in a really plain dark brown.. so they bring out personality for sure! good pick ;)
love the rug! and the last pic? at first i thought i wonder why she posted a blurry pic of a hotel sign. and then i saw it. and i laughed out loud :)
ReplyDelete(not that there is ANYTHING wrong with posting a blurry pic of anything if you like it. i have posted plenty of blurry pics just because i liked what was in them anyway. sorry. i hope your not offended. or something.)
I've never been to Austin - looks like a fun place!
ReplyDeleteThat sign is SUPER phallic, WOW. And it's 30 degrees where you are?!?! It was 100 here yesterday!! I'd love to be in Chicago right now.
ReplyDeleteAnd that rug is fantastic. We totally have rugs on top of carpeting. It's smart! It protects your carpet! At least that's my justification :)
Love the new rug! And your friends' baby?! OMG.. she's a living doll! Love her!
ReplyDeleteAustin seems like such an amazing place! Those cake pops are AMAZING. Seriously, they are too delicious. I could never give up Starbucks. I am too obsessed.
ReplyDelete<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com
Best hotel sign EVER. I mean, can you imagine what the sheets there are like!?! Um, I need a cake pop, stat, please.
ReplyDeleteI gave up Splenda for Lent and had been doing really well. Then the other day I accidentally put some Splenda in my oatmeal. I didn't realize it until about an hour later so it was too late. Oh well - I had really only been thinking about Splenda in coffee and it totally didn't occur to me to be careful about it in other things. One slip up isn't too bad, right!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun rug from Target and mmm I have always wanted to try cake pops - now I really want to try them after seeing a picture! :)
ReplyDeleteThose photos from Austin are awesome! I still have yet to eat a cake pop!
ReplyDeleteLove your top 5! And now I really want a cake pop!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for visiting my blog during my SITS weekend!
I see a penis sign!
ReplyDelete