3.21.2011

Happy Weekend.

Happy Monday!  I am going to keep this post short and sweet, because, as many of you know, the hubs and I are off to Austin, Texas for the next four days and we are SO excited to spend some time in the sun!  While the temps are certainly increasing in Chicago, they haven't quite reached the 80-85 degrees we will experience this week!


I have to admit that my spring break is off to a great start, and I feel so lucky to still have an entire week left, much of which will be spent (clap clap clap clap) deep in the heart of Texas.  Just these first few days have left me feeling so refreshed, thanks to...


* Several long runs along the lakefront.  My half-marathon training is in full swing and so far, is off to a great start.
* A lovely baby shower for a dear friend.  She is going to be such a wonderful mama.
* A yummy dinner with my in-laws, followed by the discovery that parties don't start until 9:30 p.m. are entirely too late for me these days.  Yes, the hubs and I drove across state lines to have dinner with his parents and attend a CD release party for his friends (Mikey did the CD cover photography!) - and I proceeded to head to bed at 9:15 and miss the party altogether.  Oops.


IMG_0696


(This is the back of the CD.  Pardon the blurry iPhone photo!)


* An afternoon with two of my favorite little babies in the world.  (If my friend Meghan's daughter Addie would have been there, my life would have been complete!)  Doesn't the husband look like a natural?  :)


IMG_0698


IMG_0699


(Le sigh.  Are they not the cutest???)


Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and has a fabulous week ahead!  I promise to catch up with y'all when I return next weekend!


(I totally said "y'all".  I am SO ready for Texas.)
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I hope y'all have so much fun in Austin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you at the show, but I understand completely! I had to take a pre-party nap. The photography on the album turned out great! Props to your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna drive to Austin so badly! LOVE YOU! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! ATX is my fav place in the world! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you're going to Texas, I am SO cold right now! Bring some warmth back to the Midwest please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, have fun!! Your husband is a handsome dude...you guys will definitely have beautiful kids when the day comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Texas is amazing! Enjoy your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've already mentioned how much I love Austin, and I can't wait to hear all about it (and see pics!). Have a great time & enjoy your Spring Break--mine is next week and I simply cannot wait.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute kiddos.

    Love that you're escaping to Austin! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. keep the y'alls coming! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have so much fun in Austin! I've heard it's such a great town!

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a blast in austin!! We are going in May-can't wait to get away for a long wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ugh i can't imagine leaving fabulous chicago for texas! ha! i'm from oklahoma...that's the only reason i say it. hope you guys have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you're having a blast lady! I loooooooove Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a wonderful time in Texas and it looks like you had a very nice weekend. Your hubby is so cute with those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, you'd definitely fit in :) Hope you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're having a great time in Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...