4.30.2014

Life Lately.

Hi friends!  I thought I'd share some random life updates with y'all.  I have to admit that things are moving and grooving for us lately, so here's what's happening!

* I am running my first post-pregnancy half-marathon this weekend and I am SUPER pumped for it!  Plus, I am running with two of my favorite ladies, Sally and Sarah.  My only goal?  HAVE FUN! 

* Speaking of running, I made a few decisions regarding the Chicago Marathon and Spartan.  As crazy as it may seem, I am running both.  My only goals for each race?  Get to the start, and have fun.  I could care less about time. In order to help me accomplish this, and stay injury-free, I am working with a coach (I start right after this weekend's half!  Eek!), and I am really excited about it.

* My husband and I had a little soiree this past weekend.  It was a combination of a "housewarming party / meet the baby / Happy Spring / let's just find a reason to throw a party" event.  I have to admit that it was stressful to plan everything with a little baby in tow, but the night was awesome.  It was so great to see family and friends, and Layla was an angel:)  And, are you ready for this?  I EVEN MADE STUFF.  If you know me well, you know that I do not cook AT ALL, but I made the following recipes:

* Raspberry Peach Prosecco Punch

* Caprese-bobs

* Bourbon Meatballs

image
(Layla received her first kiss at the party, courtesy of her little boyfriend, Evan.)


image
(One of our dear friends and party guests, Sarah, made this amazing stroller blanket for Layla.  She loves it - and Target, apparently!)


* Speaking of Layla, she's doing so well.  Her sleep patterns have been pretty consistent lately, which has made life so much easier.  She's a great napper during the day (usually 1.5 or 2 hours at a time), and at night, she sleeps for 8 hours before waking to eat, and then goes back down for another 3-4 hours. 


This sweet face is rocking some crazy hair these days (if you look closely). On an unrelated note: any mamas have advice for traveling with an almost six month old? We'll be in a hotel for two days. Thanks:)


(This kid's hair?  Out of control!)

Honestly, that's really about it.  Work is good.  House is good.  Mike and Layla are good.  Seriously - no complaints here!  How are YOU?!?!?

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. She's so cute!!! She's got the cutest little smile ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a happy little lady! And who doesn't love Target? :)

    Good luck in Indy this weekend! I'll be running with you in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kiss! So cute! Major points to you for making stuff being a new mom and all--very impressive! I never knew whether to fill the basket part of the cart with baby or hook the carrier up in the seat part to totally obstruct my view. Mommy probs. Excited for you and Indy this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her hair, and her smile! Is it summer yet?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooh Layla's first kiss! Her daddy better watch out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this weekend! By the way, have you ever, or are you going to, run this race? We'll be in Chi-Town that weekend and my husband really wants to do it. It scares the bejeezus out of me!! http://rocrace.com/chicago/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great race! You go girl! And how fun that y'all had a little party. Layla is such a sweetie - glad she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I am so excited for you and your half! I hope you have a fab time!

    And very happy to hear Layla is sleeping so well and that your party was a success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like life is pretty good for you guys! Have fun with your race this weekend. And training with a coach will be awesome! Is it a group that's training for the marathon?

    I'm now in the midst of newborn parent exhaustion. Elise is 5 weeks old, and such a good baby overall. Still, having a newborn is crazy! But hearing about sweet babies sleeping through the night is what gives me hope. Obviously, it's too soon for that yet, but it's good to know it's coming! Layla is just precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I feel like I've been so out of touch with my blogosphere friends... good luck with the half this weekend, I know you'll rock it! And Layla? OMG, can she get any cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm glad you are getting rest at night. That sounds awesome about working with a coach for the marathons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...