Layla is currently: 5 months & 1 day old
Gah! I love this kid.
Weight: As of 3/10/14, Layla is 14 lbs. 6 oz.! According to the pediatrician, this puts her in the 70th percentile for weight. (Note: I think she's closer to 16 lbs. at this point!)
Height: As of 3/10/14, Layla is 26.5 inches. This now brings her to the 95th pencentile for length. (Note: We unofficially tried to measure her, and she was over 27 inches. Then again, this was in our kitchen...)
Clothing: Layla barely fits into her 6-month clothing these days, and we're moving into 9-month outfits. She's seriously such a long baby.
Trying to grab the phone.
Loving her bouncy chair.
Nicknames: (Same as last time!) I have NO idea how this started, but we call her our "little bean", which has also carried over into calling her "Layla Bean". Honestly, this should have just been her middle name all along.
Health/Diet: (Same as last time!) Layla is one tough, healthy little lady! I am really proud of the fact that I have been able to keep up with her needs (for the most part) by pumping at work and nursing her when I am home. The nursing has become our special time when I get home from work, which makes me so happy:)
Also, after a lot of consideration and research, we decided to hold off on any food until after 6 months, if not longer. We're going to follow her lead on this one, but we will be skipping any form of cereal and probably do a combination of purees and baby-led weaning.

Pondering life:)
Sleep: Sleep has been much better these days. I have to say that Layla is a champion napper during the day. She usually takes a 2-hour morning nap, as well as a 2-hour afternoon nap and a 45 minute-1 hour nap in the late afternoon. Our bedtime routine usually begins between 6:00-7:00, and when I am home from work, she wakes 1-2 times at night. But when I am working, she will sleep from 7:00-midnight, and then she is up every few hours until 6:30 a.m. We've tried a lot of different things, but it seems like she misses me during the day, so she doesn't eat as much and wants to nurse at night.
Update: The past few nights, Layla has been sleeping on her stomach, and her sleep (and ours!) has improved drastically! She sleeps for about 7-8 hours straight and wakes once to eat before heading back to sleep for a few more hours.
Milestones: Layla continues to roll over and babble like CRAZY. She is super chatty (I wonder where she gets it from!) She also loves to touch and grasp anything and everything. Additionally, we have stopped swaddling and using the "Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit" for naps and bedtime, and things have been going well.
Likes: Layla continues to love her activity mat, MamaRoo swing and now her jumperoo, although she's a tad too little for it. She also loves looking at herself in the mirror and trying to eat books when I read to her:) She continues to love bath time, riding in the car and walks/runs in her stroller!
This face…
Dislikes: This time around, it's getting dressed or getting her diaper changed. She hates to sit still. But honestly, besides that, there isn't much she doesn't like.
Gah she is so cute, you can just see her big personality in these pictures!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet baby girl! James has those same blocks and LOVES them. We started to slowly introduce solids last weekend because James has shown interest but we don't do it every day. I'll do oatmeal cereal to thicken his purées but I plan to make it and everything else. So happy she's a good sleeper! We just started putting James on his tummy and it's a work in progress :)
ReplyDeleteso cute!
ReplyDeleteLayla Bean is about as cute as can be! Hopefully she continues sleep improving so mama can get her rest!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh she is the cutest ever. What a sweet girl!! I hope sleeping gets better! I know Kennedy didn't really even out to the entire night until she was about 9 months, so I personally think Layla is doing great!
ReplyDeleteShe's precious!!!
ReplyDeleteI know I say this every month but she's so dang cute I can't stand it! Holy mega napper Batman! Where has the time gone? They grow like weeds, I swear.
ReplyDeleteI think L names just fit with bean for some reason! I have a family friend that we called Bean or Lily Bean until she was about 10 years old. Layla is adorable and growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteSo cute, growing so fast!
ReplyDeleteShe is just so adorable! We held off on feeding Lucy food until her 6 month appt and at that time, she had just started to show interest in eating and watching us eat our food at dinner. We skipped the rice cereal and are doing what you plan on doing with a combination of purées and baby led weaning and it's going great! She loves to feed herself but she still isn't used to the texture of food and without any teeth, she isn't really getting much into her belly so the purées get her used to other flavors. We haven't found a food she doesn't like yet!
ReplyDeleteshe is seriously THE CUTEST. that face in the bouncy? i cant even handle it. and yes, i've almost wet myself too. id like to think it does get better over time? but by then i'll probably be ready for baby #2. ;)
ReplyDeleteAlready?! Holy cow... love that little smile!
ReplyDeleteFive months old already! She is such a sweetheart. I'm glad her sleeping has improved!
ReplyDelete