A little background: I have to admit that I usually find the holidays to be overwhelming. Mike and I are always running from one party to the next, and we knew that Christmas and Easter this year would be especially hectic with a new baby. Don't get me wrong - it was wonderful to see everyone, but Christmas was a bit much for Layla, and she was pretty cranky for a few days after. So, I was a little anxious about Easter as a result. However, she handled the festivities like a champ, and she was still smiling at the end of the weekend:)
On Friday, we kicked off the weekend with family breakfast. Layla LOVES to get out of the house and seems to be mesmerized by new faces wherever we go. She was all smiles for the waitress each time she came to the table.
(One of Layla's new hobbies? Grabbing Mike's beard.)
Around noon, we ventured down the street (literally!) to Mike's aunt's house for a family Easter egg hunt. It was awesome - the kiddos were each given their own baskets, and in addition to the hunt itself there was a craft and pizza after. The older kiddos were so cute - they brought the eggs to Layla. She also had a BLAST in the bumbo chair!
(I love this photo. Layla had no idea that Jack was stealing her eggs!)

(Now, she's on the lookout!)
It was nice to have a break on Saturday. I was able to fit in my last long run of my half-marathon training cycle (10 miles! WOOHOO!) while Mike took Layla to run some errands. We spent the rest of the day relaxing in preparation for Sunday's festivities.
On Sunday morning, Mike and I took turns attending mass (the church times didn't jive with Layla's nap schedule). We then returned to Mike's aunt's house for a family brunch.
(Layla's Easter dress. Part of it is covered by the cardigan, but she looked so cute!)
We were able to squeeze in a little nap time (for Mike AND Layla - ha!) before heading to my parents' house for Easter dinner. By this point in the day, I was in jeans and a t-shirt and utterly exhausted - thank goodness our dinner was very casual:)
(Layla and her Uncle Kevin!)
(Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house!)
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating with our little bean, and I cannot get over how happy and flexible she was all weekend. It's awesome that she's now at an age where taking her out in public no longer seems like such a chore, and this weekend only made me more excited for the fun we have planned this summer!
How was your Easter weekend???
How awesome Layla cooperated with all the plans! It's SO great when taking them out gets easier. Look at that sweet bunny!
ReplyDeleteShe is so stinky cute!
ReplyDeletesuch a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteShe looked gorgeous and it seems like you had a great Easter!!
ReplyDeleteThat first pic with Layla and Mike... I just can't. It's too much. It's cuter than puppies. Seriously!
ReplyDeleteShe was clearly enjoying it. Such a cute little lady. she's gonna steal hearts...if she hasn't already. :)
ReplyDeleteAww, I am happy it was a fun weekend and didn't feel like a chore, and that it's getting fun to take her out. This summer will be perfect!
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute and is always smiling! (or at least from what I see)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a wonderful Easter.
That first photo is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI also find holidays stressful, but try to make the best of them! I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter!
It sounds like a hit! Great first Easter!
ReplyDelete