* I joined a salad club!
True story. One of my co-workers had the brilliant idea of creating a salad club. The basic premise? There are seven people who take turns bringing in a salad (or soup, since it's so cold!) for the group. So, that means that I only have to pack a lunch once every seven days. I haven't been disappointed once, and I love that my lunches have been so filling and healthy!
Oh, and when it's my turn to make the salad? Mike takes care of it all:) I found the recipe, but he made this salad last week!
Source: aaronandcarlyn.blogspot.com via Meghan on Pinterest
* I completed month one of Kristin's "12 Months of Giving" challenge by cleaning out my closet and donating several bags to Goodwill! You can definitely join us! Check out the challenges here.
* I saw "Book of Mormon" with my girlfriends, and OMG. It was AMAZING. And hilarious. And SO WRONG. I know tickets are at a premium here in Chicago, but if you get a chance to see it, GO. You won't be disappointed.
* So, all will be revealed in another post, but I am currently polishing my 2013 "race" schedule. I use the term "race" loosely, because I really don't race very much, AND I just love to run. If PR's happen, or I tackle a new distance, great. But if not, I am ok with that too. Regardless, one race series I do want to add is another ZOOMA race. I really had such a blast in Lake Geneva and I'd love to do it again. Speaking of, did y'all know that they now give medals for runners who tackle a new distance OR PR??? Check out the deets here!
* The hubs and I checked out Little Goat this weekend in the West Loop. It was incredible. If you've been to Girl & the Goat, then you will love the interesting, dynamic sandwiches and breakfast items. I had an Indian inspired breakfast burrito and THIS spiced latte.
* My mom and I are heading to NYC in March! I know what you're thinking - GET OVER NEW YORK, MEGHAN. But I can't and I won't. So there. My mom has never been, so I am excited to show her the sites! We're definitely going to see a show, and beyond that, the sky is the limit!
Source: notetoself.typepad.com via Shay on Pinterest
What have you been up to lately???


interesting post!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/
That salad club is a brilliant idea!
ReplyDeleteWe have tickets to Book of Mormon in March! I can't wait! And I really want to see Silver Linings Playbook! I am waiting for it to go to our cheap ticket night out here ;)
Yay for NYC! I really want to take my mom there too. My next trip is in a few weeks ;) Last one, probably! Our friends are moving! ;)
I think it's great you found a class you love so much!!! You will still get those runs in ;)
Okay the salad club is seriously such a good idea! What a great way to get to try new things.
ReplyDeleteAwesome happenings! Salad club?! Would have never thought! Thanks for the shout out (the link-up will go live next Monday 2/4)! Thanks for the info about the ZOOMA races. I'm interested...
ReplyDeleteAnd NYC. You can NEVER get enough :)
Matt and I saw Silver Linings Playbook on Friday and I loooooved it. Like so much. And I'm not even a movie person!
ReplyDeleteI would have delighted in a salad club had that existed at my school when I was a teacher. :)
Dying to see Book of Mormon. Have only heard wonderful things about it. Glad to hear you loved it, too!
i walked past little goat yesterday and i was SO tempted to go in, but i had already eaten, haha. next time!
ReplyDeleteLOVED Silver Linings Playbook, so good! I really wish Rochester was closer to NYC because I would definitely go see you in March :)
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the salad club, such a fun idea!
I love the idea of a salad club! I really want to see Silver Linings Playbook!
ReplyDeleteHmm... maybe I should start a cookie club :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pics from your NYC trip!
Silver lining playbook made me happy :) Love that movie!
ReplyDeleteSilver longings play book was tough because I have close people in my life with mental illness; yet it warmed my heart. NYC yippee! I'm running a half on 3/23, you won't HAPPEN to be here, will you?!?
ReplyDeleteI have the Book of Mormon soundtrack, never seen it, but it CRACKS ME UP. I can't wait to see it one day!
ReplyDeleteLOVED Silver Lining. Agreed. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of your salad club. I saw you mention it on Twitter so I mentioned the concept to my co-workers. Since I'm "the healthy one," they just looked at me like I was crazy. At least I tried!
I love the idea of a salad club, so fun and healthy! :) I've heard about the The Book of Mormon and really want to see it! Waiting until it comes somewhere close to me. I've never been to NYC and would LOVE to go, I wouldn't mind living there one day just to experience it! And I would die to see a broadway show. So far, the only show I've seen off broadway is WICKED and let me tell you, I'm obsessed!! I have plans of seeing it twice more this year, but I hope to sprinkle in some new shows! And I really loved the Silver Linings Playbook! It was one of those though that I liked during it, but it wasn't anything too special until I had the full story at the end and then OMG! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI had mixed feelings about Silver Linings Playbook. I think it was a great movie, and painted mental illness in a realistic light. However, I felt sympathetic for his estranged wife. From what I gather, he was bi-polar and undiagnosed and therefore untreated - that can be incredibly difficult for the other people in his life, especially a spouse. I know the movie was about him and not her, so we're not going to get her story, but it must have been an incredibly difficult marriage for her. And then suddenly, if he meets someone who is just the "right" amount of "crazy" for him ... he has the happy Hollywood ending. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
ReplyDelete