1.14.2013

Hawaii, Part One: The Accommodations

Well, folks, these posts have been weeks in the making, but I FINALLY have our Hawaii pics in order!

Mike and I booked our trip to Maui over the summer when my friend Jen announced that she was getting married!  We were invited to attend her wedding in Hawaii, so we began planning immediately!  

The planning process was overwhelming, especially since we had never been and there is so much to do and see.  Plus, we traveled during the peak season over the holidays, so things booked up quickly.

We knew the wedding would be in Wailea on Maui, which is essentially the "resort" area on the island.  When I saw that hotels ranged from $450/night and higher, I began to look into a condo rental.  We found one a few doors down from the big resorts.  The price was MUCH cheaper, and once we arrived, I knew we made the right decision.  

We rented a condo in the Wailea Ekahi Village, which is right on the beach.  The complex itself had four pools, direct access to the beach and free parking.  We also had access to concierge and maid service, which was a nice amenity.  

Our kitchen and living area:


IMG_6743


The view from our balcony, or as the Hawaiians call it, the "lanai".  We had a grill and amazing views of the ocean!

IMG_6746

There were four pools on the property.  The one closest to the beach was heated and geared towards families, whereas the other three were "quiet pools".  

IMG_6760

Since we were right on the beach, I was able to take advantage of the running/walking path that connected all of the properties on Wailea Beach.
Untitled


I'm not sure if any of you are planning a trip to Hawaii, but I suppose the few tips I have would be to consider a condo and make sure you rent your car early, because you WILL need one and they will sell out, no matter when/where you travel.

Have you been to Hawaii?  

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. this is gorgeous and I am SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect idea! We do condo/apartment rentals a lot when we travel. It's especially nice if you are staying a bit more of an extended period of time since you can cook (and save a little money too). Plus a grill! And connecting walk/run paths! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks heavenly! And I'm sure your runs were great! I've never been, but hope to go at some point in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I've never had a want to go to Hawaii? I guess my family always took trips to places like Mexico and Jamaica and Hawaii always sounded really expensive. However, these pics make me want to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, that is a great tip! I have not been there, but I hope to some day ;) hee hee

    We just found someone's place to rent out for our next trip to NYC and I think that will save us a few $$$!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My god that's beautiful! And what a great idea to rent a condo instead of a hotel. Looks like you had an amazing trip- I cannot wait to see more photos :) I went to Oahu and Kawaii a while ago and they definitely lived up to all the hype surrounding Hawaii. Maui looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lucky you! This looks marvelous!! I have never been there and would love to go someday.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's my absolute dream to make it to Hawaii one day. Your photos are so gorgeous. It seems a mile away from my snowy scene this morning that I wish teleportation existed. I am following from the hop and am excited to get to know you and your blog better. Thank you for co-hosting.

    Rosie
    www.craftbotic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally some pictures:) The condo looks great, and seems like a great decision instead of a resort. Can't wait to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! I loved Hawaii. Definitely want to go back one of these days.

    Kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tips, what beautiful pics too!! Maybe one day we'll make it to Hawaii! :) I am a new follower from the Online Friends Hop. I'd love for you to follow back on GFC! Have a great week!



    Heather from Mommy Only Has 2 Hands

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures. Looks like a great location!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never visited Hawaii before. But! I know a friend of a friend who had a wedding there and it was so so so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is beautiful! I definitely want to go to Hawaii one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, LOVE Hawaii. I have been to Maui and Kauai and love them both, but Kauai is my favorite. I have only ever stayed in a rented house or condo which saves so much money. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never been to Hawaii and so wanna go. Your photos are just more proof for me to save some money and push my little butt more westwards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never been to Hawaii but my mom was thinking of going to celebrate her 60th birthday there. She wanted to rent a condo to save some money. If we are thinking of going in May, should be look into booking a condo and car now?

    I am so use to going to all-inclusive resorts that I think planning for Hawaii will be so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! So jealous! I've never been but I would love to go. My parents went for 2 weeks and they always say if they win enough money that they would move to Kauai.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm already so jealous and it's only the first Hawaiian post!! That's great about the condo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...