6.24.2012

Sunday Social #3

Sunday Social


So, today marks the third week in a row that I've participated in a link-up.  Someone better alert the presses immediately!  Come join Ashley and Neely in the fun!  Today's topic?  MUSIC!

What is your all-time favorite song?  This is SUCH a tough one.  My "anthem", if you will, is "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2.  But my favorite song of all time - the one that gets me super fired up?  "Africa" by Toto.  I will never sit still during that song!











What is your favorite singer/band?  I'm going to give a super cliched answer here and say that I really don't have one favorite - I really enjoy so many.  U2, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band and The Beatles top my list.  Lately, however, I've really been digging more soulful, bluesy singers like Melody Gardot (check out her music below!) and Madeleine Peyroux.







(Sigh.  I love Coldplay.)






What is your theme song/song that best describes your life?  See above!  :)

What songs put you in a good mood?  If you have XM Radio, you might be familiar with the "80's on 8", "90's on 9" and "On Broadway" channels.  I can't NOT smile every time I flip to these channels and hear some of the gems below!  








What is your favorite road-trip music? I often find that The Avett Brothers makes for excellent driving music.



Source: etsy.com via Lisa on Pinterest



What song are you embarrassed to admit you love?  There's no embarrassment here!  I LOVE Michael McDonald.  LOVE.  I dare you to watch this video and NOT love him, too!




You should link up, too!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Awww I miss the Spice Girls!!

    I've never heard of Melody Gardot, but she has a cool bluesey voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about the Spice Girls! I have a Pandora station for S Club 7 that plays all the boybands/great 90s/00s hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you when it comes to Michael McDonald. That man can SING! His voice is asyou would say....AMAZEBALLS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA I love that I miss kansas poster! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know Michael McDonald! I'll have to check out that video. :) I think my all time favorite song is Nightswimming by REM. I just think it's the prettiest song ever. But I have a whole host of ties for second place. :) This topic always overwhelms me because music was such a huge part of growing up--my dad was always in a band and my sister's a music journalist and we're all really into it. The classic/southern rock I grew up with will always be closest to my heart, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spice girls are amazing!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-Ha and Spice Girls is kind of a strange mix, but I do agree they both put you in a good mood, just add "Girls just want to have fun" and you will be smiling all day:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I've never heard of Melanie Gardot but I enjoyed that song! Really peaceful! Makes me feel like going to Starbucks.

    Love, love, love Spice Girls - and totally love Take On Me. I can't even read the name of the song without reading it in my head, the way they sing it in the song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the 80s and 90s station are my absolute favorites. its embarrassing how much i get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spice Girls?! Yes please! LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spice girls will always hold a small spot on my heart :) Stopping by from the link up!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'Africa' is a great song! The Dorothy picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally cracked up over that Wizard of Oz picture.

    And I would kill to go to a Coldplay concert. They're always so expensive though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, I love you even more now! Africa by Toto? Hells yeah! And Spice Girls? You're my hero :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Switchfoot + Coldplay! In fact, I'm gonna see Coldplay this Friday! Spice Girls is a fave, too. Always! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think of you every single time I hear that Toto song, no joke! Is that creepy?? It is a real rockin' song.

    I love love love this - I wanna do it too! I'll shoot you a link :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Michael McDonald. I think everyone our age secretly loves him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...