5.16.2012

Spring Fitness Pack - Giveaway!

Awhile back, I was contacted by the Midwest Dairy Council about a potential giveaway.  You see, I am a huge fan of smoothies - protein-based, green monsters, recovery - you name it!  My blender is my best friend in the morning.  I also love to refuel after a workout with chocolate milk.  By the way, did you know that research published in the International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism on young adults showed that chocolate milk is twice as effective as commercial sports drinks to refuel exhausted muscles? Part of this is due to its ideal carbohydrate to protein ratio.  You can learn more about the benefits of dairy and how to incorporate it into your fitness routine here.  


Anyway, thanks to the generosity of the Midwest Dairy Council, only lucky reader will receive a "Get-Mooving Pack"!  This fitness pack (valued at $100) provides you with all the essentials for your favorite outdoor activity, including an iTunes gift card, a Cuisinart hand blender for your post-workout smoothies, and Dairy Makes Sense wicking gear.


IMG_6415


(In case you can't tell, the winner receives: a Cuisinart Hand Blender, a hat, an insulated lunch bag, AMAZING dry-wick socks, a portable smoothie cup, an iTunes gift card and TONS of recipes!)


IMG_6416

IMG_6418

(Seriously.  If these aren't the bomb dot com, than I don't know what is!)

IMG_6419

(I tried out the hand blender and made this smoothie.  It was DELISH, and I did NOT spray smoothie all over like I had anticipated.)


Anyway, this bomb-ass pack can be yours with just a few easy steps!  Come join the fun!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. I love chocolate milk or a smoothie after a nice run as well, off to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a green monster and make nice with my foam roller :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal for the summer is to start a workout routine and I think this would be a great way to help me start. Plus, a peanut butter and banana smoothie? Um, YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get into the Green Monsters, but I love fruit smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a green monster (with 2 giant handfuls of spinach!) with berries and banana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying I'm going to make smoothies and then I get too lazy to get the blender out. Maybe once the warm weather hits I'll be more inspired to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a run I will refuel with some nuun and we eat dinner! We usually run in the evening so we will eat right after :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drink chocolate milk too! Ever since I saw a study on it, I have been finding excuses to run and then indulge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bananas & peanut butter. Yum!!

    Great giveaway, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a Meghan giveaway! After a run I drink tons of water, then shower immediately, and then refuel. I need to be better about making smoothies and such. I don't drink milk, but I am gonna hunt for some chocolate almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUCH a sweet giveaway, friend! Thanks!! :-D After a good run I love to enjoy a protein shake from the gym and a huuuuuge glass of ice water. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not that I run A LOT, but afterwards I just drink the heck outta some coconut water or gatorade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drink a lot of water and/or powerade!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOTS of water...and a smoothie in my dying Bullet - that hand blender would be perfect! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I refuel after a run with water if it's easy, and chocolate milk for longer/harder runs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a good protein shake with gobs of spinach after a run.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this giveaway!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. After a run I LOVE a smoothie with spinach! :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to drink a protein shake after I workout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I refuel with protein shake! Or a smoothie. Or peanut butter. Always water, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE smoothies, too! It depresses me daily that Jamba Juice is not in Cincinnati :( What a fantastic giveaway! I had no idea that chocolate milk was so good for you post workout! Definitely going to read more about the benefits of dairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, and I just drink water after my run/walks...lame, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't run but after I am at the gym it's usually water, and sometimes I cook eggs up especially after my weight lifting class.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't run that far, but I always have water and a piece of fruit after!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Probably not the healthiest but if I run in the morning, I refuel with coffee and a banana. At night usually some kind of fruit and low fat ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Usually I refuel with water or gatorade. I love a good banana too after any run (mine are definitely not long!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...