5.02.2012

Go For the Goal: April Progress

G0 For The Goal


Once again, this link-up really snuck up on me!  Thanks to Lori and Meghan, I was able to get my butt in gear!  Quite honestly, I don't really have much to report on - I am continuing to blog several times a week, I'm about to make the jump from Blogger to Wordpress, and I am maintaining my weekly Bar Method / yoga.  I guess you could say that my goals have been a success!

The one goal, however, that is STILL on the back burner, is my goal of breaking 2:00 in the half-marathon.  I am (hopefully) going to be cleared to return to running NEXT WEEKEND!  My follow-up appointment with my doctor is on Friday, and what I DO know is that I don't have a stress fracture and my bone scan results were totally normal.  I had blood work done to test my vitamin D levels, and I am hoping for some good news.

The one thing, though, that has SAVED me during these six weeks was my discovery of Flywheel.  I know, I know.  You're sick and tired of hearing me talk about it.  But, when I can't run, the ability to spin my heart out to some amazing music is the next best thing.  

Never Coast
via

(Yes.  This is what I look like after every class.  Dripping with sweat, and totally amped up!)

I will definitely continue to visit Flywheel (and probably continue to look like an ass as I sing along to every song), as I am now sold on the importance of cross-training, but I am excited to begin to plan my (hopeful) summer of running.  There are at least three half-marathons I'd like to tackle, but the other question I will have for my doctor?  

The potential of a fall marathon.  

One of my goals was to NOT rule out the possibility.  I did NOT get into NYC, and I cannot run Chicago due to an out-of-town wedding.  My two options?  Running for charity for either NYC or Marine Corps.  



(Yep.  I'm totally going to be running with my hero, Kara Goucher.  I hope she can keep up.)

I suppose everything depends on my doctor's visit, but I am SO ready to pound the pavement.  I can taste it.  (Not literally.  That would be weird.)

How are your goals coming along???  Feel free to link up below!



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I have a ton of friends who run the Marine Corps Marathon every year. The usually run for the Manion Foundation, named after Travis Manion. http://www.travismanion.com/ His mom, Janet, who has led the foundation, recently passed away. He is a true American Hero. Take a look at his story if you have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dedicated you are to running. And I think it is awesome that you have set out with this goal in mind and you are going to do it! Hope you have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will most definitely return to running stronger than before! All of your cross training is putting you in a really good place to smash that 2:00 half. I hope you can begin running soon. Injuries seriously suck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Tiff, I really love your dedication. I need to find dedication like that for my writing, eep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are always smaller fall marathons too! A bunch of them are in the suburbs, for people who don't want to deal with the hassle of Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome seriously. You are also one of the most dedicated people I know. You will do that sub 2 half :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran Marine Corps with Team In Training and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Team In Training was SOOOOOOOOOO awesome and fundraising for such a great organization was very inspiring. I met so many amazing people through the organziation and I am still involved, even though I'm not fundraising. You should look into them! If you love big, crowded marathons then Marine Corps is for you. People around here (DC) love that marathon and it is very well organized (and Team In Training really takes care of everything for you from flights to hotel to food). I highly recommend it - if you couldn't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You my friend are dedicated! With all of the changes that blogger has been doing, I've been thinking about going to wordpress too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally see you looking like that when you're done with a workout. All hardcore and shit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree with amber! haha!

    it snuck up on me as well, and i feel like some of my goals are not challenging me monthly, so i added a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done great with your goals! I can't wait to hear which marathon you pick and I hope you get some good news from the doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get it girl, one step at a time, and go big or go home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done so great with your goals! I hope that you get to do the full marathon! Hoping for a good report from the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rock! I hope you have a great report! I'm sure you could fly past Kara ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...