5.13.2012

I Love My Mom. And I'm Bipolar.

Before I begin, I would like to wish my beautiful mama a very Happy Mother's Day!  This woman is my rock and my very best friend, and I wouldn't be who I am today without her.  I swear, if I am HALF the mother someday that she is to me, I think I'll be just fine:)  I love you, mama!

A-234
(Photo by Matt Schademann)


Not only am I lucky enough to have such an incredible mother, but I definitely count my blessings when I think about my dear little husband as well.  Last weekend, when I returned to running with my slowest 5K EVER in life, my husband got his butt out of bead at 5:30 a.m. to escort me to the start line and thought it would be fun to take some pics in the process.  So, ladies and gents, here is what I look like at the crack of dawn before a race.   Brace yourselves...


IMG_5799


This is Happy Meghan.   She is super excited, albeit a bit nervous, to start running again.  She also awkwardly stretches out her arms.  Happy Meghan is also excited about today's race outfit:  Athleta top and Nike running capris.  BOOM.



IMG_5812


This is Serious Meghan.  She checks her Garmin religiously before every race, even though its always fully charged.  Why she is timing her slowest 5K ever, we'll never know.  

IMG_5804


This is the "Leave Me Alone, I'm Busy" Meghan.  Busy doing what, you ask?  Checking in on Facebook of course.  Note the headband.  Meghan's darling sister-in-law, Karen, found it at the race expo.  It must have spoken to her, as Meghan loves her vino as well.



IMG_5802


This is Sad Panda Meghan.  It finally hit her that she was NOT going to run the half-marathon and get her sub 2:00 time.  She also apologizes for scaring small children, as she is not wearing make-up.  Ok, she lied.  She DID curl her eyelashes.


I suppose if you took anything from this post, it's that I love my mother and that my husband  contains the patience of a saint, as I processed all of these emotions in the span of ten minutes.


  That's Runner Meghan, in a nutshell.  What are YOU like when you workout?  

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm antsy. Getting all my stuff in place, gadgets etc, but once I'm out, I'm a lost cause. Zoning and thinking. Love these pictures! What a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mom look so much alike! Love all the race photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty darn good for getting up at the crack of dawn, if I do say so myself :) And as for the slowest run ever, I'm sorry that you're not going to get to run your sub-2 half, but when it's meant to happen, it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much right now. And your mom is SO pretty, you two look a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO much like your mama! What a beautiful picture!

    And your husband is a sweetie and you look super cute for your race :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this post made me laugh :) I'm sure I am not always a joy when I workout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, you're so adorable! and yes, your hubs does have the patience of a saint :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That headband is awesome!
    I like to run solo (but enjoy doing races with friends) so I pretty much just get in my zone before a race. Music started, MapMyRun opened and ready to go. I'm bad about warming up because I always feel like I get warmed up enough walking from the parking to the race-start. Then I just stretch for like 2 minutes... or 20 seconds... probably not long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! Oh my gosh...what an awesome headband! I need to find one of those for my roommate :) She'd love it! If I ran, I would love one, as well! Even if you had your slowest 5K time, I think it's amazing that you went out there and ran!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the girl that is bright red, huffing and puffing on the side, trying to guzzle as much water as possible:)

    PS- I want your hair band!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...