Good Morning! I hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend. Mine was filled with the right combination of fun and relaxation, and I hope yours was the same. It started out with receiving my blog swap partner's gifts in the mail:
A few weeks ago, I signed up to participate in the Trick or Treat Halloween Blog Swap, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Not only did I get to know the lovely Ashleigh (of "this lil heart of mine"), but I definitely received an amazing package!
First of all, when I opened the box, it contained 300 pieces of candy. Jackpot! Other items?
First of all, when I opened the box, it contained 300 pieces of candy. Jackpot! Other items?


Adorable Halloween bowls!

A candle and pen set! I mean, any teacher will tell you how exciting new pens are - especially colored ones! It was seriously perfection.
Thank you so much, Ashleigh! I am so glad I signed up!
**********************
In addition to receiving these items in the mail, the rest of the weekend was pretty fantastic. Due to Parent-Teacher conferences taking place on Thursday, I had a day off on Friday! Therefore, my three-day weekend included a few highlights:
Oh.Em.Gee. This class was seriously no joke. I've been incorporating yoga into my workout plan in order to help increase my flexibility, especially for my running, and when I came across a Groupon for classes at Bikram Yoga River North, I signed up immediately. For 90 minutes, I was pulled and stretched in ways I didn't know were possible, all while dripping with sweat. However, I'm glad I went, and I look forward to the remaining 19 classes! Oy.
Update: I returned on Sunday and didn't feel like I was going to pass out. YAY. Also, my flexibility level matches that of the men in the class...in other words, it's not great:)
Update: I returned on Sunday and didn't feel like I was going to pass out. YAY. Also, my flexibility level matches that of the men in the class...in other words, it's not great:)
* Dinner at Bistro Campagne on Friday and Cooper's Hawk on Saturday
Friday night ended with a delicious dinner at Bistro Campagne, a French restaurant in Chicago's Lincoln Square neighborhood. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos, but I will say that the space is very intimate and cozy, and the trout (Rushing Waters trout, fresh citrus, capers, brown butter & haricots verts) was incredible:)
Saturday night brought me some bacon-wrapped sea scallops at Cooper's Hawk, a local upscale chain restaurant/wine bar. Umm. I die for sea scallops.
Saturday night brought me some bacon-wrapped sea scallops at Cooper's Hawk, a local upscale chain restaurant/wine bar. Umm. I die for sea scallops.
* Saturday Morning Run
So, while this might not be very impressive to some of you, I am elated at the success of my long run on Saturday. It's been months since I've run this much (due to my injury) and I am really happy with how I felt. I hit the pavement at 7:00 a.m. with zero expectations - all I wanted to do was run. My lovely friend Sally joined me for miles 4-7, and it was great to run with a friend.
Official Stats? 7.01 miles in 1:05:16 - average pace of 9:19!
I'll take it!
How was your weekend???


That sounds like the perfect weekend! I am totally NOT flexible too. When I went to a yoga class with my mom last winter, the instructor was constantly correcting my positions. So embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on the run! That is amazing!!
That sounds wonderful! Glad you had a fun and successful weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun swap! I'm glad you're loving Bikram! I would love to try it if we didn't live in the middle of nowhere right now. I'm doing yoga at home because I'm SO not flexible. It's sad. I'm glad your runs are going so well!
ReplyDeleteTo clarify, Meghan's pace for miles 1-3 was much better than when I joined in for miles 4-7. But nonetheless, a good time.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good weekend lady!
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was filled with good food, scary movies, running errands and not enough sleep lol.
As soon as I saw those pens/pencils I squealed, cause new pens & office supplies are pretty much the most exciting thing in the whole wide world. What a great swap partner! And the candy? I can't be trusted; I'd probably be 150 pieces in. haha!
ReplyDeleteI love yoga but I'm scared of bikram. :( I have anxiety that's often triggered by breathing issues/not being able to breathe well, and although I know it would help in the long run, I'm a little terrified of being shut in a steaming room for 90 minutes, especially since most bikram teachers ask you not to leave mid-class. But I'm proud of you for trying it--I'm amazed at the amount of time you spend on exercise. I know it pays off.
Sounds like you have a great weekend! You got some cute stuff in the sap girl! Thanks so much for participating!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great weekend! I hope to start up Yoga again now that I am settled. Not looking forward to the cold out here! It was 37 this am!
ReplyDeleteYour weekend was much better than mine hehe. I've been sick for two weeks so today was the first time I've let my apartment in the last week.
ReplyDeleteSounds like got a lot in over the past 3 days - nice!
This sounds like an amazing weekend! I havent participated in a swap for ages :-( Oh I would be so bad at Birkram yoga, I only lasted four power yoga classes.
ReplyDeletewhat a perfect weekend! i blissed out at the spa, ate at one of my favourite restaurants and then watched my bestie dance his heart out! topped of the weekend by taking my nephew to see barney! it was like a U2 concert for kids!
ReplyDeleteWow! Serious score on the swap!! That's great!! And I love Bikram, I just couldn't do it every time I do yoga. I like the relaxation/de-stressing aspect of Vinyasa/Hatha.
ReplyDeleteWhat great gifts you got in the swap! :) There is SO much Halloween candy at work and all day long I desperately try and avoid eating too much, but of course fail horribly :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I was good at yoga! I just am not flexible and do not find it relaxing at all. I've tried countless times to give it a shot and just end up frustrated. I should try it again, esp when you talk about the benefits it gives you as a runner!
Speaking of running - girl you are AMAZING! You're such an inspiration to me. I literally think of you for motivation when I feel intimidated about a run so thank you :) Amazing stats! :)
Your weekend doesn't just sound fun, it sounds productive! The yoga class I'm sure will be very helpful in conjunction with running. I could use a class like that because I am so not flexible.
ReplyDeleteDinner on Friday and Saturday sound delish!
Your swap gifts also look great. You can never go wrong with candy and pens were a great gift considering your a teacher :)
I hope your week is off to a good start.
I always want to participate in blog swaps but I'm afraid the stuff I would get people, is stuff they wouldn't like. I'm weird like that.
ReplyDeleteYay Bikram! I was seriously sad when my groupon ended :(
ReplyDelete