* The Hubs. He has been my rock lately (well, he is all of the time, but lately he's been extra adorable!) and has allowed me to control the DVR (Hello, Rachel Zoe!), done the laundry, bought me dinner, and has been available for the extra hugs I've been needing.

(Isn't he adorable? Here is Mike, having some fun in his photography studio.)
* Yoga. I am finally a believer! For so many years, people have told me how amazing yoga is, not only for runners, but for a clear mind as well. And I am obsessed. I attended a yoga and meditation workshop on Friday night, and it was so relaxing that I FELL ASLEEP. Oops.

(Let's be clear. This is definitely NOT me. It's from weheartit.com. Someday...)

(Let's be clear again. I cannot carve pumpkins. But someone on weheartit.com can.)
* My new running shoes. Even though I haven't actually run in them (Stupid injury. AGAIN.), I do love them when I am walking / spinning.
* My friend Lisa and my new flavicon! Lisa is a graphic designer goddess and she made me this cute little button just because she's amazing. Go check out her blog, y'all!
* The thought of upcoming events, like a cabining trip, several races (that I can hopefully run), a spa day, and Thanksgiving. Is that weird??? :)
If, once again, you find me obviously absent from the blogosphere, just know that I miss catching up with each of you, and I will be back after this maddening week!
What keeps you sane???
How sweet of your husband! I hope your week is better than you anticipate! xo
ReplyDeleteAlso. I hate camping. Can I go cabining with you? :)
Awww, love the bit about your husband :-) Aren't husband hugs just THE BEST?? And I feel the SAME way about my yoga classes. They're THE BEST. I really feel like a better person after attending them; my head is so clear. Can't believe you feel asleep, hehehehe!!
ReplyDeletelove hearing about the big crush you have on your hubby!
ReplyDeletewhat keeps me sane? definitely meditation. try john kabat-zinn's MBSR CD if you can find it. your library should have it. if not, tell me and i'll send it to you. it's what you would call...amazeballs.
also my daily dose of the young and the restless somehow relaxes me. the crazy on there makes me zen. it's weird but i'm not questioning it!
I LOVE yoga! It's so incredible for the mind and body. I'm so glad you've been enjoying it! I've been in a deep practice for a little over a year and it has really helped me in other aspects of my life!
ReplyDeleteRight now oddly blogging, work and school are keeping me sane. Or busy, which is keeping me sane.
ReplyDeleteI am loving that picture of your husband! I thought it was a picture of a picture at first haha very cute!
ReplyDeleteI agree about the scent of pumpkin spice. I bought a Yankee Candle pumpkin spice plug-in for my bedroom, and it truly does make a room feel safe and cozy. I am really enjoying it!!
What keeps me sane would be...reading from my favorite books (even if I only have time to read a few pages), painting my nails, taking long baths, sleeping, and watching Sex and the City :)
Love the picture of your husband! And good to know you like yoga... I have been flirting with the idea of giving it a whirl, but I'm afraid I'm not flexible enough and will just make a fool of myself, lol
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of your husband! I'm just starting to kind of like yoga. I'm just doing it on Netflix, but it's a start! I used to absolutely hate it, but I don't this time around!
ReplyDeleteI have needed to be kept sane lately as well. Among my little sanities: Chinese takeout with my roommate, wine, girl talks, watching mindless tv, lots of stretching, and daily baths. :)
ReplyDeleteHope things calm down for you soon! xoxo
I so hear you on the pumpkin smell. Its filling up my house right now like whoa!
ReplyDeleteAnd my body is screaming at me to get back into yoga... next on my to do list.
You can buy pumpkin spice waffles? Am I really reading that correctly or is it one of those things where I see what I want and not the reality?
ReplyDeleteMy new favorite fall candle scent is Honey Cider from Pier 1. It's perfection!
Yoga & pumpkin spice smells? Yes please! :) I hope things calm down for you friend!
ReplyDeleteYou got the right attitude, focusing on the positive, that just makes a day better:)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a pretty fantastic hubby :)...and I'm totally loving the pumpkin smells this year too!
ReplyDeleteOh my lord, you fell asleep in yoga?! That is hilarious!! I hope your week starts to feel a little less insane...I'm sure doing a yoga pose and sniffing a pumpkin candle will help :)
ReplyDeleteI'm totally addicted to yoga too...It calms me like nothing else!
ReplyDeleteIf my body ever bent like that, I would never get it back to normal! I'm more of a pilates person than yoga. I just couldn't get into it.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE pumpkin spice smell too! I need to get some more candles!!
:)
Rachel
Mike is such a keeper! And yoga for shiz. I miss you so much friend, we need to catch up asap!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is OK. You seem like a smart. well-rounded lady and I am sure everything will be great very soon :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great list! i think my husband keeps me sane...whenever i talk with him i feel a sense of piece!
ReplyDeleteHugs sent your way, hope all is well girl. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes for Yoga and pumpkin smells. :D
Hope work is less stressful for ya love and I think it's good that you fell asleep during Yoga - that means you were totally relaxed! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay for new running shoes and that's a great picture of your hubby!
Also, pumpkin smells and autumn is just the best.
Hang in there, xoxo!
I love that picture of you and your siblings!!!! You all look so beautiful/handsome!
ReplyDeleteI've been in quite the funk lately, but October has me cheering up. :)
ReplyDelete