9.03.2011

Wedding Re-Cap.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii!  So, remember when I was like, "I'm back!  I'm ready to blog!"???  Yeah.  I don't know about you ladies and gents, but when I'm not getting home from work until 7:00ish, and then working out (which is a non-negotiable, meaning I will never give it up), blogging is the farthest thing from my mind.  But, I'm here now, and hopefully that's all that matters, right???

So yeah.  As many of you know, my brother got married last weekend, and it was truly the BOMB DOT COM!  It was the perfect combination of great food, great friends, family time, a little debauchery and lots of love!

The weekend kicked off with a rehearsal at the ceremony site and dinner at Shoreline Brewery in Michigan City, Indiana.  The food was incredible and the company was even better.  Below is my friend Christy.  I adore her.  She is also responsible for introducing the bride and groom!


IMG_0895


We went back to the hotel/casino for some more fun, where my hubby won $500 on a slot machine AND we had a blast dancing with the locals.  Clearly, this gentleman was just waiting for some Michael Jackson so he could bust out his silver glove!

IMG_6098


Saturday morning turned out to be perfect!  I was able to get in a quick workout at the hotel before heading to the spa for the day.  As a bridesmaid, it was seriously the most relaxing day ever!!!  There's nothing quite like coffee and good friends to start the day!

Disclaimer:  My husband was the wedding photographer, but he is still working on editing them.  Apparently, they are just stunning!  Anyway, I didn't want to bug him for pics, so I stole these from various Facebook pages...

IMG_6091
(Me and Christy at the spa!)

IMG_6094
(The beautiful bride, Karen!  I just LOVED her hair.  She was, as I liked to call her, a garden goddess!)


After an adorable "reveal" between the bride and groom, we headed to the gardens for the ceremony.  It was JUST perfection.  

Garden

We took pictures before the ceremony, and I loved how the bridal party mingled with guests before the ceremony.  

Molly and Meg
(A little out of place, but here is myself and my sister Molly.  I loved our dresses - AND they were only $30 from Target.  AMAZEBALLS.)


The ceremony was adorable.  Kevin and Karen wrote their own vows and their music selections included Coldplay, Umphrey's McGee and Daft Punk.  There MAY have been a moment when the music guy accidentally started playing "One More Time" by Daft Punk, thinking that the ceremony was over when it really wasn't.  Seriously hilarious.

Yay
(Am I right?  Is this dress not just PERFECT?  I loved the back!!!)


Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the debauchery that ensued at the reception, but there may or may not have been crazy amounts of dancing, gambling, and general shenanigans that lasted until 4am. Best.Weekend.EVER.

CONGRATS to the bride and groom!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. $30 is amazing, you look lovely and that dress is beautiful, the back is stunning. so glad that it went well and you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for love! p.s. i'm totally going to start saying BOMB DOT COM because that is maybe the most fun thing to say ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your green dress. I would have never thought it's from Target. Yay! Looks like a beautiful wedding, that's pretty much all that counts. :)

    Happy weekend Meghan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your sister look gorgeous in those dresses! I love the green with your hair!

    And I'm incredibly jealous of your husband's winnings! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bride, and amazing bridesmaids dresses. A friend of mine was suppose to put on music for the first dance at a wedding, and in a hurry she accidently put on "murder on the dancefloor"... which is so funny afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress & hair she had! Beautiful bride. And the bridesmaid dresses were only $30? That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats to you and your family. i think i said that in a previous post but congrats AGAIN! that picture of you and molly is grgeous. those dresses are perfection and you both look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the bridesmaid dress colors! Sounds like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the bride and groom...the wedding looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that garden looks fantastic!! It looks like it was an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The brides dress is gorgeous, as well as the location! Your bridesmaid dresses are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a good time! And LOVE those dresses! They work so well with your hair!

    I totally hear you about being back to blogging but.. not really being back haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her dress looks lovely. Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful dresses!!! I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses and the brides dress was gorgeous from the back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wedding weekend recap sans pictures was great but the pictures on this post (that you stole from FB haha) are great too! The bridesmaid dresses and the wedding dress are SO pretty! And that location looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - everything from the location to the bridesmaids dresses to the bride - just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. I hope that I will one day be responsible for introducing/bringing together a bride and groom.

    2. You look absolutely beautiful! I love your hair!

    3. Dresses that were $30 from Target? OH MY GOSH. They look incredible too!

    4. Music selection=amazing.

    5. I love your new sister-in-law's wedding dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful wedding! I'm sooo inspired and hope that mine turns out to be just as fun! You are GORG in green, wowsers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! Karen's dress is beautiful and you and your sis are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pictures! You ladies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those bridesmaid's dresses are AMAZING! You look SO gorgeous in that colour! And I can't believe the deal on them. How wonderful! And the bride's dress - OMG SO beautiful! I love that back. All of you girls are all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE the green dresses! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...