9.06.2011

Me, As Of Late.

Hello!  Thanks to everyone for their sweet comments about my brother's wedding.  I love when good things happen to good people:)


I felt like, given my sporadic blogging over the past few weeks, I'd post a little update on everything else that is going on in my life.  August-October is always my busiest time of year, it seems.  Anyway, here is what I have been up to as of late:


Work:  I've been back at work for three weeks now, and things are pretty fantastic.  I'm one that thrives on maintaining a schedule, so I always love returning to work, as crazy as that sounds.  So far, classes and co-curriculars are going well!  I hate to sound vague, but I'm not very comfortable discussing my job on the blog.  Just know that things are aces!  Let's hope it lasts...


Hubby:  Mike has been busy, busy, busy!  A few of you know that my husband started his own business a few years ago (photography and videography), and business is BOOMING.  He works 7 days a week and, while I get frustrated with that sometimes, I suppose having too much business is a good problem to have.  I'm so proud of everything he has accomplished, and I know that it's all for the greater good of our family someday.


Running:   If you follow me on Twitter, you're probably up to speed (pun intended!) on this one, but things are getting better, slowly but surely.  I started experiencing hip pain back in July, and after a visit to the sports medicine doc, I found that I had strained my piriformis muscle.  I've been going to physical therapy twice a week and upping my yoga/Bar Method classes to increase strength and flexibility.  I was recently given the "green light" to increase my mileage, and I am happy to report that I am now pain-free when I run.  I've definitely slowed down as a result, but I am happy to be running again.  I'm really excited about my fall race schedule:


9/17:  Mad Dash to Madison 5K
10/2:  Morton Arboretum Fall Color 5K
11/5:  Hot Chocolate 15K
11/12:  Chicago's Perfect 10 - 10 Miler/10K


Yoga_to_keep_you_healthy_large
(weheartit)

Friends:  My ladies are pretty amazeballs, and between nights out, weddings and bachelorette parties, we've had a great summer.  But now I'm really tired.  


IMG_0901
My new heels (and I NEVER wear heels, btw!):  Christian Siriano for Payless.  I wore these to a bachelorette party and I'm obsessed:)


IMG_0894
Late night jazz at the Green Mill!

I have to admit that while things are going well - while everything seems to be "status quo" - I am ready for a change.  I'm sure y'all know what I'm referring to:)  I hope that one day I will feel comfortable discussing where we're at and what we've been through here on the blog someday, but until then, well, I suppose I'll just have to be comfortable with being vague - ha!  

Whew.  Ok.  Enough serious crap.  How are you?  What have you been up to lately???

Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. hello lovely to hear your life update. i love jazz too.
    i have been well just preparing for my masters degree in theatre so excited!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great news that you are able to run again. Looks like you have some good stuff planned.

    My bf is gone overseas about 1- 2 weeks a month for business so I know how it is to have a hard working other. I like the free time though ;) (although I'd like it more if I could tag along with him instead of work)

    The wedding looked beautiful. And those target. Dresses were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to running! I had to stop for 3-4 weeks because I got a wicked sinus infection. Just started again last week.

    I had to miss my half marathon for it, so I was a bit bummed. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it's vague.. I'm glad life is well for you! :) We should definitely meet someday.. so your hubs and I could talk shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy to hear that you kicked the running injury in the ass!

    happy back to school. i know you've been back for three weeks but in toronto most people start back today.

    i think i might know what the vagueness is and all i can say is good luck to you and the hubby. i hope your dreams come true very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh I love your heels!! Glad things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like things are going really great for you and that makes me happy! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are going so well for you and the hubs!

    I totally forgot Christian Siriano started designing for Payless! I need to go check it out... cute heels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome that your Mike's business is doing SO well!! That is awesome :-D Something about seeing your husband succeed is so rewarding!! Glad you're feeling better with running too-- those races sound like so much fun, bet you're excited!! And love the heels-- Christian has some super scary/sketchy heels at Payless and it looks like you snagged one of his better pairs!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that things are going so well for you guys! I never wear heels, but those are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great update, awesome shoes, and hello for a change!!! Changes are good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY I'm so excited for you and your upcoming marathons! Wishing you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been thinking about you and what I assume your "vague-ness" is all about. I'm just an email away if you need an ear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great to hear things are going so well! I totally understand about not wanting to talk about certain things on the blog i do the saaame thing

    ReplyDelete
  15. lately? not blogging much obviously! lol - but I've been reading, sorry for no comments! eep! i'm trying to be better!

    sounds like things are good with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute toes and heels! And that's great that your hubbies business is booming! It's not very common these days so enjoy the extra money!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang girl - you are busy! But in a great way! You and your husband sound like good people so I am so happy for you two and your career success :)

    Here's to a short work week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Umm, I love those shoes! Payless rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you and your husband are doing so well! You deserve it!! This is going to be a great year! This year is going well for me too so far!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You both sound like your busy bees now :) I also love those shoes...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like things are going swimmingly for you. :) Just think: you're so much closer to having babies than many of us (like me) are, cause you've already found the person you want to have them with! That's huge. Trust me. :|

    I had no idea Christian Siriano was designing shoes for Payless!! That means I'll be making a trek to Payless ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear that things are going well your way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad things are going so well for the both of you!! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the heels! I had no idea CS had a line for Payless. Must. Check. It. Out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...