8.05.2011

True Life: I'm a General Life Blogger




Hi.  My name is Meghan, and I am a General Life blogger.  Since I don't have children, I look awkward in outfit post pictures, I hate taking pictures with anything other than my iPhone, and while I love to run, I don't want to post pictures of me sweating...the General Life category it is!

I started blogging in late 2008, but never told anyone I had a blog until late 2009.  And then, it really wasn't until early 2010 that I actually had people reading on a regular basis.  Overall, I'm a pretty sucky blogger.  I don't post regularly, and while I do have a weekly link-up, I don't promote it well, nor do I have a button.  But here I am, faults and all!

Many people often wonder why I chose the name, "The Perfect Compilation Tape".  In hindsight, it's kind of long and easily forgettable, but I'm too lazy to change it to something that contains the word "sparkle".  Anyway, my favorite movie of all time is "High Fidelity" with John Cusack (Chicago boy, HOLLA!).  In the movie, he (among other things), discusses the finer points of creating the perfect compilation, or "mix" tape.  He puts so much thought and effort into selecting the perfect songs, just as he does with his relationships.  To me, it's a metaphor for life.  There are ups and downs.  High points and low points.  Fast and slow times.  But in the end, it all comes together:)

So yeah.  What you need to know about me is that I love Chicago, my hometown.  I will eat any cupcake you put in front of me.  I love to run and am obsessed with races when my ASS isn't injured (and yes, you can injure your ass).  I adore my husband, and I think traveling is good for the soul.




IMG_0870


I'd love it if you stopped by again.  And I will promise you two things:  


1.) If we become friends, I will totes blog/tweet you while I'm at a wedding.  Because I'm classy like that.
2.) No, I am not pregnant, although my H&M dress is hitting me in a way that you might be inclined to think so.  My abs are actually pretty killer these days...


PEACE!

Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Bahahahhaha, I love this post. Awkward girls unite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome! :) I really need to watch that movie, I love me some John Cusack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to travel to Chicago SO bad!! I can't love that you tweet at a wedding..because I've been known to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit Chicago but I guess it's too early in our blog relationship to making plans like that.....haha!

    I would tweet you during my wedding but I'm sure the future hubs would jack my phone and me up :) Mission accepted!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love High Fidelity! I haven't watched in years. I need to get on that. I love your hair in that pic, super cute! I tweet at weddings all the time too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, I am so glad I found your blog. I will totally tweet you in funny locations as well. Almost spit my coffee out a couple times while reading this.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post makes me really happy! Heart you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the story about how you thought of your blog name! I always wondered about that. Loving your dress & headband in that photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my crush on john cusack is back baby!

    thanks for my morning giggle! i LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovessss you and your blog! For reals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a button either. Honestly I am not sure what the point of them are. Do you know?

    If I had one I don't expect that people would want it plastered all over their blogs.

    Don't feel bad about that. Everyone has their thang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, you are so funny. I love your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a button either!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! I love this post & just did my own "general life blogger" linkup post! Excited to find new awesome blogs to read. ;) And I have plenty of dresses that make me look pregnant . . . yikes.

    Happy weekend Meghan! Hopefully you don't have to be back at school ON WEDNESDAY like I do. :|

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I for one am SO happy you're a blogger because, HELLO, we became friends this way! And you need to text me at the next wedding you're at! ESPECIALLY if you're drinking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from the link up. I had to crack up at your post, both about the wedding talk and the disclaimer about the dress. I love that you posted the picture, even though it may not be perfect. I'm from Madison, so Chicago is just in my backyard. I love that you have hometown pride.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOOPS make that jon cusak + cupcakes = magic... lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have ALSO injured my ass. Everytime I get in a particular boat (I'm a rower and a coxswain) the entire crew gets to hear about the time we hit something and I ended up with a minor fracture in my tailbone. That story never gets old (to me).

    There is also the piriformis issues that come and go on a regular basis - another ass injury.

    I think there is a silent sorority of us out there. There should be a button and linkup and a creative acronym that spells "ASS"...but I'm busy doing pigeon pose while trying to work through this last round to actually do any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have always liked the story behind your title. I love john cusack!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love, love your blog name!

    Pardon me while I add you to my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol, I see where your top 5 lists come from now too, I love High Fedelity! I need to watch it again soon now :) John Cusack is the only person me and my mum both have a crush on lol, its a bit weird really...

    Love you and your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the name of your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...