However, this roller coaster romance I have with running is currently one based on love. Part of the reason is my new playlist, which is essential for a successful run. Here are some of my recent favorites:
Can't Touch It - Ricki Lee (from the "Sex and the City 2" soundtrack)
Forget You - Glee Cast (featuring Gwyneth Paltrow)
You've Got the Love - Florence + the Machine
Dynamite - Taio Cruz
DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love - Usher
When the Going Gets Tough - Billy Ocean (DON'T judge!)
1901 - Phoenix
Stronger - Britney Spears
Something Happened on the Way to Heaven - Phil Collins
Singin' in the Rain - Glee Cast
Do you have any work-out playlist favorites you'd like to share? I am always looking for new music to add!
i am not a runner...i'm not even an exerciser (is that a word). i'm completely and utterly out of shape. but i secretly told myself on monday that i wanted to start "training" to try and run a 5K in 2011. do you have any tips?
ReplyDeleteas far as "pumped tunes" for running...anything by Britney is good. also, you should try Now That We Found Love by Heavy D.
Yes! i am always looking for running music. it's super important. When I first started running, I was listening to this techno training crap and was like I need lyrics!! thanks for the list.
ReplyDeleteThis is inspirational. I need to start running.
ReplyDeleteSome of my favorite songs that I feel like would be good workout songs are
"Parachute" by Ingrid Michaelson
"Faith" by George Michael (don't judge)
"She Moves in Her Own Way" by The Kooks
"Walking the Dog" by Fun.
You're darling. I adore your blog and you. If you're ever in Utah or I'm ever in Chicago, we most definitely need to play.
I'm horrible at exercising. In fact, I just don't. So I am no help whatsoever, lol.
ReplyDeleteI have the exact same relationship with running - except I tend to take really long breaks usually after training for a half marathon. I am currently in a very long break as I haven't run regularly in over a year. Sad but true. I've really gotta get out there because I miss it.
ReplyDeleteI don't actually run with music so I can't help you with a playlist. I tend to exercise sans music...not sure why, but for some reason I'm not a fan of music when I'm running.
oh it makes me sad ricki lee is on your list. she is....."special" hahaha that shows my love of Australia pop stars i guess.
ReplyDeleteok so my playlists are the only thing that keep me exercising. here is my current one :
Whip My hair - Willow Smith (LOVE IT)
Raise your glass - pink
Dance Anthem of the 80s - Regina spektor
It's like that - Mariah Carey
Firework - Katy PErry
Shake it off- mariah
Fighting over nothing - dash and will
we belong together - mariah
so i really love that mariah album :)
Uggg, I'm DEFINITELY a bipolar runner!! ;-) Britney's "Stronger" has been my workout jam for YEARS and I've JUST started working out to "Singin' in the Rain" this past week. We don't watch Glee yet, but my sister tuned me into their version of the song-- LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteGood music can get you going, but man I doubt they will know who I am if I show up at the gym, can't remember when I was there last... maybe this weekend! But Pink and Gwen Stefani can usually get me moving a bit faster:)
ReplyDeleteI once had a journalism professor tell me, "No one likes to run. They like to have ran. Just like no one likes to write. They like to have written."
ReplyDeleteAs a writer and a runner, most of the time, I've found that to be overwhelmingly true:)
Ugh, so true. I hate doing it, but love the way I feel (physically and emotionally) afterward!
ReplyDeleteI might have to steal your playlist!!
ReplyDeleteyour honour, i plead guilty. i did indeed just steal this playlist.
ReplyDeleteI am TRYING to become a runner. I've done a 5K or two here and there, but I haven't run them in their entirety. But this post has me inspired! (Ok... so maybe I'm more excited about getting a 'running playlist' started on my ipod... but you gotta start somewhere, right?!)
ReplyDelete:)
One of my work-out faves is "I'm Every Woman" by Whitney Houston:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Running!
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with running! I love to listen to techno, of all things. Deadmau5 is one of my faves!
ReplyDeleteBlack eyed peas, Justin Timberlake. I am so happy you are running ! I could never do it in the cold !
ReplyDeleteHave a great week end !
Hugs
Britney's on your list. Yay!
ReplyDeleteI love old school Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, and NERD.
I love running... basicly all the time! The temps can fall, but if I just cover myself properly and boldly head out there - I always come back home body and spirit refreshed!
ReplyDeleteMusic does play a big role in my motivation too. I listen to hit music radios - I skip one from to another when need be;)
Sorry--I dread running. (Elliptical and I are peas in a pod, though.) When I first saw the list, I though it was Ricki Lake singing instead of Ricki Lee (oops) :)
ReplyDeleteI have the same love affair! Good music always makes things better! Whenever The Trews - I'm Not Ready To Go comes on my iPod, I instantly get pumped up and actually get the urge to fist pump!
ReplyDeleteThe artist Girl Talk is fantastic for running. His latest album, All Day, is available through his record label site for free download. Seriously, it upped my workouts in intensity!!!
ReplyDelete