This weekend was no exception. While I prefer quiet Friday evenings in which I am usually in bed by 9:30 after a long week, my parents ventured up to the city, and we joined them in celebrating my cousin Jeff's exhibit opening at the Chicago Cultural Center. Entitled "The God Particle", the installation project was filled with faces, iconic images, and references to religion and economics. There was even a vile of crude oil displayed! Jeff is quite the talented artist, and his work can be found all over Chicago. Here are some of my favorite images:



I have to admit: I am not sure what it all means, but I found myself engrossed in many interesting conversations with various guests, trying to interpret Jeff's work.
On Saturday, the hubs and I officially kicked off the holiday season with a trip to Starbucks - after all, nothing says "Happy Holidays" like the official return of the red cups.

That evening, we celebrated the 30th birthday of a very dear friend (Hi, Julie!) with a wonderful Indian dinner and, well, lots of dancing.

(via)
I swear, lately my cardio comes from dancing like a fool while out with my girlfriends. But hey, I'm not complaining:)
As I look ahead to the next few weeks and the fact that our calendar is filling up, I can't help but get excited for the holidays and all they have to offer.
What about you? Are you feeling the fall frenzy too?
http://www.theonion.com/video/study-americans-get-majority-of-exercise-while-dru,18198/
ReplyDeleteSounds like as good a way as any to get exercise!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what it is about the holiday coffee cups that me so happy, but they really do...especially when they contain a candy cane hot chocolate
ReplyDeleteYay holidays! I could really go for a gingerbread latte right about now!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the red cups at Starbucks yesterday I almost jumped for joy!! The bad thing is, in January when they're gone, it's a little depressing. Is it just me or does the peppermint mocha in a red cup taste like Christmas?
ReplyDeleteYay for holiday cups!!
ReplyDeleteJoe and I went to go get starbucks yesterday... and he got a red cup for his venti, but I had a grande and didn't get one! They had the plain white ones for the grandes! LAME! Glad you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the silly season :-) I think all my weekeds are full between now and chrissie. Indian and dancing, sounds like such a fun Saturday night.
ReplyDeleteHEY DOLL! I have something for you on my blog. :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I think of you randomly at work because I know how much you love Starbucks. :) Today, when I handed the new cups over to my customers in drive-thru, they would stop and say "OMG! You have your holiday cups out already!?" I'm pretty shocked because it's barely the beginning of November, haha.
Tomorrow after work I head over to the Starbucks office for my area for the Holiday meeting! Eeee! I'll be thinking of you and getting excited over our new stuff, hehe. :)
Those are some amazing portraits. He is truly talented.
ReplyDeleteMe? I dont' drink coffee, so I don't get the return of red cups. Can I do boots instead!?
Getting your cardio from dancing rocks! Me? If I tried to do that? I'd be boo'd off the floor!
How cool would that be to have a relative's art at an exhibit in a big city? Congrats to him!
ReplyDeleteWe're not quite into the swing of things in LA yet, this past week has been in the high 95s (well over 100 in the suburbs!) so it still feels like summer!
Oh wow, your cousin's work is awesome! Very cool. And I love this time of year! There's always so much going on and so much to do, while still having the anticipation of the upcoming holidays. It's the best!
ReplyDeletei'm definitely feeling the fall frenzy...notsomuch the red cups as i drink peet's not starbies :)
ReplyDeleteoh and the fact that i'm 10x sleepier these days is proof that it's fall/winter time.
Totally feeling the fall frenzy! It'll be the holidays before we know it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday, sweetie xoxo
Never fear! You can burn many a calorie busting a move on the dance floor!
ReplyDeleteYay for Red Cups Stardust! I am seriously gettin' addicted to their wonder liquid!
ReplyDeleteas someone who has never had a coffee or tea in their life i am loving how the red starbucks cups seem to bringing people so much JOY!
ReplyDeletethis weekend i saw some gorgeous fall colours while driving and i have to say that it was bliss!
I pulled out my Christmas mugs this morning! I'm so excited for the holidays
ReplyDeleteViva la fall and viva la Starbucks red cups. They make me way too happy!
ReplyDeleteThose paintings are awesome!! He's got talent!
ReplyDeleteYay for the red cup being back!!
Definitely feeling the fall frenzy! We are so busy we have had to schedule time to do some DIY on the house - in two weeks time!! A blogger asked me in October if I wanted to meet for a coffee, and I was embarrassed to say that I'm busy until December!!
ReplyDeletex
ps: I thought you were off the Starbucks?! ;)
All I want to know is HOW is Christmas only 40 something days away?! Ack!
ReplyDeleteBut, thank goodness for the red cups at Starbucks. Nothing says lovin' like a peppermint mocha in a red cup...venti, please. ;)
I am super excited as well and anxious for it to be here already!
ReplyDeleteI am super excited as well and anxious for it to be here already!
ReplyDelete