* Meeting the hubster for tacos at 4:15 (Yes, you read that correctly!) on Friday afternoon. We have this whole geriatric dinner hour down pat! Anywho, the exciting thing about our senior citizen dinner was that I discovered how much I love guacamole tacos - hereby referred to as "guacos". Umm, seriously! Why haven't I had these before???

* Going for a run along the lakefront.
* Snuggling up with some tea and the latest issue of "US Weekly" - I had to check out Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer's nuptials!
* Catching up with YOU - finally! Since I came down with a bit of a cold this weekend (Or is it allergies??? I can never tell...), I decided to try and get some fresh air by sitting out on the balcony with my laptop and yet another cup of tea, catching up with your lives!

* Getting my espresso delivery STOLEN! Yes, you read that correctly as well - someone swiped my latest shipment of espresso pods. Somewhere in Chicago, a thief is drinking really great espresso before swiping someone else's stuff. Ugh!
* And finally, THE EMMYS! I cannot WAIT to see everyone all glitzed and glammed up! In the words of Rachel Zoe, I DIE for red carpet fashion. I am sure everyone has their predictions, but I'm really pulling for Jon Hamm and the rest of the "Mad Men" cast, Lea Michele and Chris Colfer from "Glee", and of course, Michael Emerson from "Lost".
Anyway, I wish each and every one of you a great week! I have so many awesome pictures to show you, too, regarding swaps I've participated in, as well as some giveaway winnings! Look for them over the next few days!
Yeah for relaxing weekends!! I have done my best to do the same. I worked until 8:15 on Friday and was in bed by 10. On Saturday the hubs and I went out to breakfast and then I got a mani/pedi. We met up with the in-laws to show them my classroom and went to dinner. I was in bed at 8:45 last night!!! I have no shame in that. I have gotten a ton of school stuff done today and J and I are about to head over to the Bucktown Art Fair! Shame on those peeps who stole your espresso order!! I smell karma coming around!!
ReplyDeleteyummy tacos!!!!!! i had fajitas last night :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been REALLY wanting tacos for like, a month now and haven't gotten to have them yet.
ReplyDeleteThose tacos look delicious! I had a quiet weekend to owhich is always nice for a change.
ReplyDeleteNice calm weekend! I'm also a huge red carpet fashion fan. I'm watching the red carpet right now! :)
ReplyDeleteguacamole is so underrated! i am totally making some tomorrow. what a perfect weekend!
ReplyDeletehappy week ahead!
Oh my gosh I would kill for some tacos right now, sounds SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteOoh, guaco, I like it! Also, major bummer about your espresso -- who does that?!
ReplyDeleteGuacos - look SO GOOD
ReplyDeleteboyfriend and i had tacos this weekend too! though we made ours and skipped the geriatric dinner hour. hahaha. i love that!
ReplyDeleteglad you a good weekend in! have a good week darling!!!
Oh man, I am JEALOUS of that weekend! I did a lot of nothing this weekend, but I also had to list my stupid car for sale on Craigslist which made the rest of the weekend a bit stressful.
ReplyDeleteLOVED the Emmys last night - I thought they were great. I still have issues seeing Jon Hamm actually smiling though. He's supposed to be moping.
It sounds like you had a great weekend!! I loved watching the Emmy's last night!
ReplyDeleteStolen caffiene? Criminal, just criminal! The guacos look AMAZING!!
ReplyDeletethose guacamole tacos look WONDERFUL! i want them in my life right now! hahaha!
ReplyDeleteChicago lakefront run... if only I could be there with you! A lovely moment blogging on your balcony... such little sweet treat. Isn't life just full of tiny, magnificent pearls?
ReplyDeleteguacos! oh my gosh...delicious!!! other than the espresso theif, that sounds like a great weekend...arent' hermit weekends so perfect sometimes?!
ReplyDeleteAhhh...that sounds relaxing, good for you!! I'm hoping to be a hermit this weekend, or maybe not? I really want to be a hermit, but it is the last official weekend of summer, maybe I should wait a week? Oh well:)
ReplyDeleteWhat evil soul would steal espresso? That's terrible!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with what Kristin said...who would steal that?! I mean, why? What's the point?! :(
ReplyDeleteLoved the Emmys and had Mexican 2 nights ago... yum!
ReplyDelete