* Celebrated my 30th birthday
* Went to Florida for a wedding
* Backpacked through Europe for two weeks and saw Paris, Florence, Rome, Venice, Munich, Frankfurt (and the Dublin airport!)
* Got off my lazy ass and learned how to bake. It's really not so hard when you have an awesome mixer...
* Went to countless birthday parties, family parties, and BBQ's.
* Ran along the lake, worked my way through P90X and discovered that yoga is super
* Went to several awesome dinners with friends.
* Celebrated my first wedding anniversary.
* Saw my sister graduate from high school, my brother get a job, and my other brother get engaged.
* Read no less than 12 books.
Please don't get me wrong - I am not complaining nor I am trying to brag. It's just a helpful way for me to see that I HAVE had a wonderful summer here in Chicago, without feeling guilty and telling myself I should have been doing more lesson planning, etc.

Oh summer, how I will miss you!
However, I've always been a sucker for the fall. Sure, it's the beginning of a new school year, which is often filled with some chaos and stress, but I am looking forward to the following:
* Having a cup of coffee from Starbucks from my espresso machine on chilly Saturday mornings.
* The changing color of leaves.
* Several weddings!
* Boots, leggings and long sweaters.
* The return of fall television - and dreams of fall in NYC a la "Gossip Girl"!
* Monthly dinner club outings with friends.
* Restaurants and coffee shops with fireplaces.
* Fantasy football, or rather, pretending to actually care about it.
* Running along the lakefront with hats and gloves on.
* SCARVES!



you've been BUSY this summer. good for you! i feel like i have done nothing, except hawaii. lol.
ReplyDeletefor fall, i'm most looking forward to the fashion, halloween, warmer weather (i hope, summer has been lacking here in cali) and yes fall TV! god i miss it!
You did have an awesome summer! Hope you enjoy your last few days of freedom!
ReplyDeleteYou had a busier summer than me, that's for sure!!! What grade do you teach? I too love fall...it's the thing I'll mist most about New England.
ReplyDeleteSchool starts that early for you?? Wow!! You have been busy! I envy anything in your city! I love your view!!! I like fall better but ohh summer was fun!! =)
ReplyDeleteyou have accomplished heaps this summer!
ReplyDeleteall the posts about autumn visiting you guys soon is starting to make me sad that the cold weather will be leaving me soon :( cant i keep it just a little longer?!
Seriously, talk about an amazing summer!!
ReplyDeleteAnd fall...one thing sticks out in my mind...besides the pumpkin-spiced lattes at Starbucks...I'm getting hitched...woot woot
summer is my FAVOURITE...and it sounds like you've had a great one! but all these fabulous fall pictures...i'm started to look forward to it! i can't wait to curl up by the fireplace, celebrate my sweetie's birthday and buy a new rain jacket!
ReplyDeleteYOu had a VERY successful summer. Sounds like you did a ton. Happy first day back to school. My mom is a teacher turned into guidance counsellor so she'll be going back to school soon as well.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite posts. I Love how you put it all into perspective. I'm looking forward to joining the married club!
ReplyDeleteHot damn! Do you ever slow down, girl? Good job on enjoying your summer & taking advantage of having the summers off :)
ReplyDeleteI miss Chicago for being able to wear boots and SCARVES!! (I have an addiction, I think). When the leaves start to change colors, feel free to put up some pictures for us southern folk! Haha.
SO BUSY!
ReplyDeleteI do love the fall as well. I can't wait. But I can so that it doesn't go by too fast. :o)
Hi Love,
ReplyDeleteI'm loking forward to the Indian Summer we tend to get here in Boston. It stays fairly warm and the leaves turn and it's lovely. Plus Rob's birthday is in the fall and I love planning festivities in honor of my love.
I would say that your summer was a huge one. You expanded your horizons in so many ways and are bringing an even cultured and inspiring role model back to your students. Go you! Lots of love.
You had the summer I wish I was able to have!!!
ReplyDeleteHope the new school year treats you well :-D
I love scarves too.. but here in the Bay Area, I've been needing to wear scarves in Summer and I'm so mad that I haven't been able to wear shorts as much as I would have liked!
Ahh, you've had SUCH a summer!! Way to go with accomplishing SOOO many great things! I simply cannot wait for pumpkin spice lattes and getting to wear leggings and boots under sweaters and dresses, YES!
ReplyDeleteMan, you've been a busy lady this summer! I'm looking forward to pumpkin season in the fall, and to planning something for my boyfriend's birthday.
ReplyDeleteAh fall, I wish we had that in Texas! It'll be summer right up til our two weeks of winter. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be looking forward to babies and football.
You had a most wonderful summer, hope the transition of going back to work goes smoothly!
I just cannot wait for the FEELING of fall. There is something about fall, for me, at least, that is unlike any other season. I seriously can't wait!
ReplyDeleteWOW lady. I feel unproductive now. HA! I'm looking forward to seeing where BonBon Rose Girls goes this Fall and my 24th bday. Yeah, I said 24th. What of it? HA HA HA
ReplyDeleteAwesome summer! Better than mines! lol
ReplyDeleteBut seeing as how summer hasnt really hit california, Im already ready for fall.
I have always loved boots and jackets, hats and cuddling on the couch with a great movie :) holiday cooking and family get togethers!
Every season has something to enjoy, I just wish summer showed a lil more face lol!
Actually, that's quite the productive break! I did more sitting on my bum really.
ReplyDeleteBut I am SO with you on getting excited for what fall's to bring. I literally JUST told my coworker that the one thing I'm looking forward to this fall is out trip to LA, bundled in our peacoats to visit the bench area in (500) Days of Summer. :P
what an amazing summer you had!!!
ReplyDeletei am the same way - i love autumn. I'm looking forward to tights and coffee out on our porch with blankets.
FOOTBALL! yes of course that ;)
i'm looking forward to getting married this fall.
nothing beats that.
xo
Football. : ] And lots of travels.
ReplyDeleteFootball. : ] And lots of travels.
ReplyDeleteFootball. : ] And lots of travels.
ReplyDeleteThis has been a busy summer for you and in a good way. I think the highlight would definitely have to be your trip to Europe. That is around when I found your blog and it looked so incredible. You also got to celebrate some great milestones with your family.
ReplyDeleteFall is by far my favorite season and I am looking forward to many of the same things as you. I cannot wait to breakout the cute scarves, sit by a fireplace with a warm beverage, go to the pumpkin patch and watch the leaves start to turn.
P.S. I left you an award today
These pics are stunning!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you've had a phenom summer...I just can't believe how fast it's gone by! I feel like just yesterday I was waiting for warmer weather and now there are fall decorations in stores and long sleeved tops on the shelves.
Sounds like you had an amazing summer. I miss summers:-) I also miss having true falls, since CA doesn't really get distinct seasons. Any good places to go in Munich? We are there in 3 weeks!!!
ReplyDeleteFall truly is a respite for me. It's cool, cozy, and comforting, all with a sense of structure that does my OCD heart good.
ReplyDeleteGood luck keeping away from the Starbucks pumpkin lattes...(I say this to myself as well; diet doesn't allow, grrrr). Best wishes for a great school year. I am looking forward to taking lil' man to the pumpkin patch and wearing big hoodies!
ReplyDeletewow meghan! you have accomplished enough for two or three summers! how fantastic.
ReplyDeleteso i always look forward to all my favorite tv shows coming back on in the fall.
You have done soooo much this Summer!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that Spring is just around the corner for us. Hope your fall is wonderful!
I love your blog! This is a great post to look back on the summer's happenings. I am not even a teacher, but I still give myself "down-the-road" for not having accomplished enough this summer.
ReplyDelete(I say just reading that many books gives you - & me! - some bragging rights, right?!)
Anyway, looking forward to...following your blog! Also, for fall...all of my daughter's little nursery school events, football season, Halloween, hot cocoa, sweaters...
Stunning pics! I am looking forward to...darn it! Nothing. Stay summer!
ReplyDeleteyumm scarves. i can't wait to wear scarves!
ReplyDeleteThat is one heck of a summer!
ReplyDeleteYou should be satisfied with your summer, you were busy!
ReplyDeleteAs a fellow teacher, I understand your concerns about "living it up" in the summer...this summer I took 3 grad classes, which I vow never to do again. Big mistake. I did go to the Dominican Republic for a few days and saw my sister (who lives far away) and celebrated my 27th birthday in NYC... next year, though, I vow to LIVE IT UP!
As for the Fall, I'm looking forward to the cool, crisp, clean air, the smell of the leaves, the colors, and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work!
You were very busy this summer girlfriend...you had some very memorable moments.
ReplyDeleteYeah. I just looked over the list again...
I'm gonna miss summer...but as it looks like summer's already gone over here. :( Can't wait for fall though, so I can finally use my scarves again!!!! Yay!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hate to see the summer end, but Fall is my favorite season! I think if you live in the Midwest and get to watch all the beautiful leaves change color...you can't help but love it!
ReplyDeleteYou had a fantastic summer, what awesome memories you will have! And oh gosh. I love fall. I love everything about it--pies, Thanksgiving, the crispy crunchy air, cinnamon apple scented candles, sweaters and boots, jeans, fleece, college football...oh I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave to agree I love summer, But I love Fall so much!
ReplyDeleteScarves--yes please
My Boots-Uggs for sure
My Fleeces!
College Sweatshirts
College Football
Chili Parties
Scarves!!! I'm definitely looking forward to dressing like fall... I'm also looking forward to being back on a schedule again -- and hopefully some weekend trips upstate or into New England to see the leaves changing!
ReplyDelete