8.25.2010

The One Where I Become a Hermit...

Hiiiiiii!!!  I am just popping in to say hello and share some exciting blogtastic news!  I am feeling the love this week, and here's why!


* I won the lovely Miss Tillie's giveaway!  I was able to select a print from her new Etsy shop - go check it out!  Not only is she super sweet, but majorly talented as well!  Can you guess which one I selected???  Thanks, Tillie!


* I am sharing my love story with the hubster on Nicole's "Adventures in Love & Happiness" this week!  And definitely check out her blog - her engagement pictures make me want to get hitched all over again!


* One of the many reasons that I have been Miss Slacker in the blogosphere is because P90X is kicking my butt.  Check out my review for Miss Brittany at "Living in the Moment"!  (I think it's today - if not, check her out anyway because she's fantastic!) She has quite a way with words, and her posts are always super entertaining.


Anyway, I swear I am really trying to catch up with everyone and be a more productive member of the blogging community.  I even made a solemn vow to my husband to not do ANYTHING this weekend, except catch up on my life:)  So, I am hoping this weekend will NOT contain:


* Making cupcakes.  As much as I love them, I cannot bake anymore - these things are coming out my ears.
* Going out to dinner or doing anything that requires social skills.
* Hosting parties or get-togethers.
* Driving out of state.


However, I am already looking forward to a weekend that WILL contain:


* Much sleep.
* Catching up with YOU!
* Working out - perhaps in the form of a lakefront run!
* Coffee and the paper in the AM.
* Watching movies with my husband.
* Ordering Thai food on Friday and watching recorded Bravo shows.
* Perhaps a pedicure.  Trust me, it is MUCH needed.


Maybe my weekend will look like this???  I hope so:)


OgAAAEh1h8POvgMZJS0Wiq0oCzpSRr5KJl7XH0oXeokUcg0nIDD8OJDkA3gpT3ZnqzNhE7sNHeseN5qnHQSxh6cdbOAAm1T1UPdgzUwrox0cxXI_EPI3ktYzvlW__large
weheartit


Are you looking forward to anything this weekend?

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Nice, your weekend sounds ideal!! Looking forward to your guest post, too.

    Speaking of guest posts, how would you feel about doing a "Why I Love..." post over at my blog sometime? Not to, you know, add to the busy, but thought I'd ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, goodness.
    i am in DESPERATE need of a pedicure, too.
    my feet are probably crying! : (
    haha.

    i really want to try p90x!
    hmm, i'll be checking out your review. : )

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends in and catching up are fab. My mom flew down last weekend and we worked in my condo all weekend, cleaning, painting, organizing. I loved it. I even put my blackberry on silent for 4 DAYS!

    This weekend however, it's back to traveling for work. I'll be in Nashville for a bit. : ]

    Love.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - your life sounds intense! That P90X sounds cool but a bit too pricey in my opinion. No way do I have the $$ to shell out - even if my arms will FINALLY looked toned. I'm thinking the gym will have to do.

    You do know the weekend is still three days away, right??? :-)

    I'm looking forward to Thursday night dinner with my girls from college - I haven't even though about the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, i want my weekend to look like that. but, i'll be driving 3 hours out of town to visit the brother and celebrate his 18th bday with him :) and i'll be making cupcakes to take with me! haha.

    soak up the downtime, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get the weekend you're dreaming of lady! Mine will include... work, work and more work. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so relate!

    I feel so behind on everything, & if I let myself, I believe I could feel as overwhelmed as I felt back in my law school days. I am making a conscious effort to remind myself that everything *will* get done, slow but steady wins the race, etc. My literally bloodshot eyes staring back at me in the mirror this morning serve to remind me that I need *SLEEP* more than anything else right now. I obligate myself to entirely too much & then end up putting *me* last on my list. You'd think I'd have learned by now!

    Hope you have a super-relaxing weekend. Going to check out your guest posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a 20 mile run calling my name...then classroom work! Glad you checked in!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to catching up on my favorite blogs!!... with a nice glass of wine ;-) The weekend is the time that I finally have a chance to do all of that!

    Happy Wednesday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your weekend is just as you want it to be! My weekend is pretty booked already, but it should be fun, so I can't complain :) Miss you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, again, for being such a wonderful guest poster! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need a mani and pedi but other things keep taking my money. So happy you won the giveaway and have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to get off my butt and order either P90X or Insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, darling!!! I'm looking forward to my trip to NYC this weekend! It's been decided that I will visit Magnolia for my cupcake in NYC, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't remember the last time I had a weekend that looked like that--unless it's 5am and I have eschewed sleep once again to read. If you figure out how to make it happen let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha i love your p90 review! ugh i tried it for a little while...and really should again. but the timing was definitely my biggest catch too! and the drea roll. drea can eat it.

    ps. tony sucks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an awesome weekend! It's a movie weekend with my husband--Friday going to see The Last Exorcism--yes we love scary movies and then Saturday out to lunch with one my besties and then to see Eat, Pray, Love--looking forward to relaxing and sleeping too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My hubby has been out of town all week, so we've cleared the calendar for this weekend and I can't wait to many of the same things on YOUR list! Yay for quiet weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you've got a great weekend planned out for yourself! I plan on reading a book all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you want you can send cupcakes my way ;)

    Congrats on the giveaway win. Sounds like you've been doing pretty well!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. in reply to your last comment on my little blog: YAY!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED you got your cd and that you like it! I was so happy to get you ;)

    i got one of mine today too and blogged about it. I'm sure whoever you got will be lucky to get their "perfect compilation tape" from Mrs. Perfect Compilation Tape herself! ;)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. So how's you're weekend coming along? I've been a bit of a slacker in this blogosphere too. Boohoo. I've been doing once a week posts since I'm just crazy busy these past few weeks. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay congrats on winning! And I'm so with you this weekend. I'm just catching up on things and enjoying every second of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Discovered your blog through through the lovely Faiza @ http://itsgonnabealovelyday.blogspot.com/

    I love your blog, and you are now on my blogroll!!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...