2.08.2010

What Super Bowl???

Ugh. The Super Bowl. I know that I am in the minority when I express my sheer boredom and apathy for the event. I do appreciate those who embrace the event and all of the commercials, bad food, parties, and oh yes, football it has to offer. But I couldn't kid myself - I had NO desire to watch the game, and even though I tried desperately to get into it, I found myself more concerned with the whereabouts of Kim Kardashian and Kendra Wilkinson as they cheered their men onto victory. And I pondered why football players aren't required to cut their hair.

So that being said, I needed an alternative to Doritos commercials and sweaty men. And I decided to bake. Yes, you read that correctly - BAKE. Vegan cupcakes.

Why vegan, you ask??? Well, I wish I had the answer. Perhaps it's my new obsession with Whole Foods, or the fact that so many inspiring bloggers have spoken of vegan diets lately - but something prompted me to try this recipe here. Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes? Sign me up!


vegan

IMG_5111


Oh, and hi - here is my new red hair, for those who asked:)

I have to admit - they weren't quite as scrumptious as I had hoped. The cake itself was a little bland, and the "melted chocolate", well, it didn't really melt at all. I actually burned it, and it turned out flaky going into the batter. But the inside "surprise", which was really non-dairy cream cheese and chocolate chips, was excellent. My husband tried one, and described it as "edible and nothing more". Sigh. I tried.

Despite my baking failure, I settled in for the rest of the night with some reading materials:


IMG_0087

Some BBQ chicken pizza (so much for the vegan trend):

IMG_0089

And my "Glee" DVD's, where I proceeded to bawl my eyes out when they performed "True Colors".

I hope your Super Bowl Sunday was just as lovely - even if it DID include football:)

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Your new hair is stunning! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hair color on your lady! And that pizza looks so nummy!

    I totally didn't get into the Superbowl either. I sat at home with the puppy and watched movies instead. So much better, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair looks fab! Yay for red :D Last night I went up to the pub on the corner of my street to watch a soccer game on the big screen there with my boyfriend and the Super Bowl was on! Nobody was watching it, but it was on the big screen and I watched for a few minutes and tried desperately to understand what they were doing, but I really had no idea. American football is still a mystery to me. Cooking failures can be so disheartening. My boyfriend does all of the cooking in our house, thank goodness :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the red! looks awesome!

    And honestly, who wouldnt prefer baking over some silly game :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the red! looks awesome!

    And honestly, who wouldnt prefer baking over some silly game :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And p.s. I ADORE your hair. It suits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog you have here!

    That pizza looks yummy. Sorry for your baking failure... I too have those moments.

    My Super Bowl included football and cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair turned out FABULOUS!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Whole Foods..its my fav. Although, actually, Trader Joes is a bit too close to call one over the other. ;) Love them both. I am not a HUGE fan of cupcakes as many are, but these sound pretty good. I think I am going to go check out the recipe!! Thanks!! Have a fabulous day Meghan!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair - looks fantastic on you!!

    Gah, I want that pizza for lunch. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVe your hair!

    And LOVE LOVE LOVE the cuppies and the pizza. I wish you were at the "Supper" bowl party I was at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaah I love your hair! It's so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i am a football fanatic. LOVE IT! but i'm with you....game SUCKED! would've been better if my boys won but i won't say any more.

    this..."edible and nothing more" made me LOL. i'd probably say the same thing. no offense to your excellent cooking talents, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your honesty makes me smile. I feel the same way about football particularly the professional kind:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you on the whole superbowl apathy. I could honestly care less! Thank you for admitting it first! hehe I actually like to watch for the commercials which are actually quite funny for the most part, and also, the free grub at practically every house on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your red hair, but must admit blondes have more fun HEHE
    thanks for the link, i'm your 69th flower- naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your red hair is so pretty - love it!! All of that food is making me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR COLOR!!!!!!! I'm a fan of red hair - having it myself (mine color isn't as bold, but still red all the same!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...