First of all, I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was wonderful and you were able to spend time with someone you love, be it a significant other, family member or friend:)
I spent my day rotating between the couch, bathroom and bedroom. However, the husband has been such a doll, grabbing me 7-Up, crackers and telling me everything is going to be ok. From today, I learned that "Love is...telling your wife she's crazy when she tries to clean the bathroom as she's laying on the bathroom floor."
But before this nasty episode that returned me to my childhood, I did have a pretty amazing weekend, complete with:
* A pre-Valentine's Day dinner at a new restaurant called Epic here in Chicago. The food was incredible, but what made the evening memorable was the couple next to us. It was hard NOT to be distracted when the woman next to us loudly realized that the wine list was NOT the actual menu, pondered why chilean seabass was an option since it's extinct, shouted across the restaurant at a co-worker, and kept screaming in a fake British accent that the "crumpets" (bread rolls) were "simply divine".
* A great work-out on Saturday, which I am still suffering the effects of, followed by a deep cleaning of the apartment, laundry, coffee and sunshine.
* A quick drink with a friend I haven't seen in quite some time at a place called Scarlet, where I felt at one with my inner Scarlett O'Hara ("Gone With the Wind" is my FAVE movie), and my new "scarlet" hair.
While I am bummed to put our V-Day plans on hold, I am secretly grateful that I do NOT have to cook tonight, as we all know how that usually turns out:)

(Photo taken by my friend Laura)
And speaking of love - I am so honored to be a part of a new project, The Wife Diaries. It's a blog started by Krysten of After I Do and will feature posts by us, as well as Lauren of The Little Things We Do and Lauren of Salt Says. We thought it would be a fun avenue to discuss love, marriage and all of the craziness in between! They are all wonderful ladies, and I am really excited to see what this new project has in store for us. I encourage you to check out their personal blogs and consider following all of us at The Wife Diaries, too!
Have a wonderful week, fellow bloggers!
Oh no!! I'm so sorry you're sick!! I hope you get well quickly and I'm glad you had a good weekend before any of this happened. Stomach flus are the suck.
ReplyDeleteAnd let me just reiterate how darn excited I am to be writing with you ladies! We are going to rock that blog!! :)
oh bleh!! I am so sorry Meghan!! so glad though that your husband is doing a fab job taking care of you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day!! ;) Get well super soon!
So sorry to read your post about your being sick. I hope by this evening your feeling a whole lot better.
ReplyDeleteJust take care and don't over do it.
Love
Maggie
Oh that is no fun at all! At least your hubby was sweet about it - Dustin would have been sweet just so he could get away with playing video games, hehe.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that you were sick on vday. It seemed like you had a good weekend until then, hope your feeling better soon x
ReplyDeleteHope your feeling better--can't wait to read about the wife diaries--I'd love to contribute to it if needed! Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteThat totally sucks about being sick. Last night I was cooking shrimp for our special Valentine's Day dinner and I was terrified I was going to poison Ivan with bad shrimp. I had bought them at the seafood counter at the grocery store on Thursday and was a bit nervous that Sunday was too long in the fridge. So, I looked it up on the internet, called my mom, called the grocery store, and called my aunt. After they all said it was fine, I cooked them. And we ate them. And no one is sick yet, so I hope that's a good sign.
ReplyDeleteHope you FEEL BETTER soon and can't wait to start reading the Wife Diaries!
Oh no - hope you're feeling better! At least you managed to squeeze some nice things in before the pesky stomach flu set in. I've got the cold, and am super grumpy at the moment, but my boyfriend is looking after me! Definitely a "love is" moment too! xx
ReplyDeleteohhh noo! at least the weekend had some good bits too!
ReplyDeletehope you are all better & goodluck with your new blogging adventure
♥
stomach flu?! gah! that's the worst! hope you're feeling better. those bugs usually come, terrorize and go.
ReplyDeletehappy belated v-day and thank you for the birthday wishes!
GWTW is MY favorite movie too :)
ReplyDeleteoh bless! we had the stomach flu or food poisoning...don't know quite what the heck it was...but i know where you've been....because i've seen the bathroom baseboards need a shine also.
ReplyDeletethanks for commmenting on my blog! I really enjoyed reading yours!
Oh, my goodness! I'm so sorry you got the stomach flu... and on Valentine's Day! I have to tell you the story about the lady next to you at the restaurant just made me laugh out loud! What a nut!
ReplyDeleteXoxo!
sad day for being sick on vday!
ReplyDeletehope your make-up valentine's is fun though :).
I hope your feeling better. I'm sick right now. It's not fun when watching rowdy kids. Thanks for stopping by. I live in Katy Texas, but this flower place is about an hour 1/2 drive west from where I am. It's such a pretty place and you can even shop there and take home some fabulous roses. Hope you have a delightful day! Winona
ReplyDeleteMeghan I hope by now your feeling much better.
ReplyDeleteI just received your giveaway about 30 minutes ago and the hairband is beautiful. I know that after my granddaughter sees it I will have to give it up.
Could you please send me your address so I can send a Thank you note to you...grandmayellowhair@gmail.com
do you make these bands because I know I am going to have order another for Kaci
Love
Maggie
also be watching for a post soon
Sorry you got sick, hope you're feeling better now!!
ReplyDeleteok the restaurant chica sounds like quite an adventure - sometimes people like that enhance the experience - but typically not!
ReplyDeletethanks for visiting graces birdcage! im excited to check out your blog:)
oh noooo feeelll better!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhh love! That sucks!! I hope you're feeling better though. "Scarlet" sounds fabulous.
ReplyDeletei hope you're feeling better! congrats on the new blog! i cannot wait to check it out--i'm sure it will come in handy for me!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely photo :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you weren't feeling well, hope you are feeling better now! How fun to be a part of a new wife blog land and you and your husband make such a cute couple!
ReplyDelete