12.29.2009

Little Sis in the City.

Every year, I create a "To-Do" list of items to accomplish during my two-week Christmas break. And each year, I accomplish said tasks. However, as part of my "post-holiday detox", I have been putting off that inevitable list and am really trying to relax and enjoy what's left of the season. However, all of this fun and enjoyment is making me one tired lady, and I think I'd rather just get back to a schedule, thankyouverymuch. Who would have thought that I could be more tired when I'm not working? Oh, the irony.

That being said, it HAS been a rather fun past few days of post-Christmas adventures. For instance, THIS little lady (I shall call her mini-me) came up to the big bad city to visit her big sister:

ramdom122909_2

Molly loved posing for all of the beautiful lights we found on Michigan Avenue! (Just kidding. Seriously, this 18-year old is WAY more mature than myself.)

ramdom122909

After the little sister's visit, the hubs and I decided to trek out to the 'burbs for a marathon shopping trip: DSW (He just might love shoe shopping more than myself!), Home Depot, IKEA and Costco (where, yes, we are proud members).

Let's discuss Home Depot. We are in the process of tearing up our kitchen floor and made the stop for some items to complete said project.


ramdom122909_5

While Mike looked for everything we needed (like caulk, ugh), I proceeded to:

* Get many dirty looks from employees as I tried to push a cart AND balance my iPhone and Starbucks.
* Climb on a ladder.
* Get lost in the drill section - SCARY!
* Ram my cart into another customer as I continued to balance my coffee.

Umm, I think it's pretty obvious that I DO NOT BELONG IN A HOME DEPOT.


See??? I look all sorts of confused! Where do YOU hate to shop???

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. i HATE HOME DEPOT, I love what happens with what we buy but i hate all teh work and that i' totally clueless when i go there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I always try and juggle my coffee and push the trolley, it never goes well.
    Loved your last decade list on Jenni's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha love this! I've never really shopped at Home Depot..but it sounds dreadful. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pictures are beautiful!!

    I hate hate HATE going into any furniture store with my mom...I want to smother myself with the pillows from the display beds..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wal Mart gets to me...even though I know they have fabulous deals. Too hectic for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE shopping for school stuff. Like I need another reminder of another year of tests, exams and stress are coming up. Hello?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home Depot is too big for me. I always end up getting lost!

    I think I hate shopping in all big stores. Same goes for Wal-Mart. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT?! i LOVE me some home depot. it's become my fav store since i bought my house. yes at times it can be scary, i'll admit but when you start making multi visits in one day, you can't help but start to know your way around.

    the only place i hate shopping at are grocery stores. i hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year darling! Your comment make always my days!

    Thanks a lot!

    LOL
    gaia

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh loves it! dsw, ikea, and costco are my LOVES! as for hates? definitely the macy's downtown now that it is no longer marshal fields :-( :-( :-(

    i'm so happy i found your blog! chicago blogs rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...