12.08.2009

Little Open Letters.

Naomi, of Rockstar Diaries fame, is known for her adorable "Little Letters" posts. My friend Jordan also posts many hilarious and oh-so-true open letters on her Facebook page. Therefore, in honor of two amazing women tonight, I am going to write a few letters of my own:

Dear Husband,

Thank you for taking me to a lovely dinner at Morton's tonight. We braved a snowstorm in search of food. That is so totally "us". And thank you for being so understanding when I ordered sea scallops in one of the best steakhouses in the city. I love you.


Thank you for having such an amazing selection of dresses. Through your designs, I am able to channel my inner Betty Draper / Peggy Olson / Joan Harris. I hope to wear the following to my best friend's bridal shower:



Dear Starbucks,

I know you have a tendency to be really expensive, but your bright red holiday cups make me extra happy during these winter months. Thank you, also, for allowing me to grade essays near your fireplace.



Dear iPhone,

Thank you for allowing me to take the above picture.


Dear December Dinner Club Group,

I had so much fun with you on Saturday. Thank you for a wonderful time - and for allowing me to shout "Salud!" in the middle of a German restaurant.

Dear Fellow Chicagoans,

You all look so cute, bundled up in this weather. Stay warm and drive safe.

Dear Phil Collins,

I am sorry that I had forgotten how incredible you are. Your music has brightened my day lately, and although I cannot explain why, I am very grateful.

P.S. Please don't tell anyone I said that.

Dear Neighbor,

It was really nice to meet you the other day. However, please do not feel obligated to share stories about your sex life the first time we meet. Or anytime, for that matter.

*Note - My neighbor is 73 years old.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Love the dress, I can't believe the shower is a month away!! And I am so sorry about the TMI conversation with your neighbor, ewww!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i love little letters...i think you can certainly learn about other people so well through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubs and I would totally brave the elements for food too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little letters. That dress is gorgeous. And oh my, I was laughing so much when I read about your elderly neighbour. My boyfriends grandfather used to come out with stories like that - totally cringworthy. I can't repeat what he liked eating oysters to...! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves the dress & the cozy atmosphere of the fire place & coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress! I haven't bought anything from Shabby Apple before, but there are several dresses that are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the one to Phil Collins. He really is the best in an embarrassing kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Naomi's little letters. Yours are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought that dress shop would be prohibitively expensive but I have spent the last 20 minutes coveting several of the dresses which are surprisingly affordable.

    Also, a neighbor like that can be good. She'll totally watch out for you and your condo. And she's proof that you won't be bored when you're 73 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little letters - they are so much fun to read and write :)

    hopefully I shall be doing another photoswap next year so you can take part next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LoL, I love this!

    You husbo sounds like a sweet pea, and I am sooo digging that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Neighbor,...
    is my fav...
    I miss my coffe at Starbucks so much ... I have to wait till january the 5th ... I'm going to London and I'm sure they have starbucks over there!


    i hope you'll join my Giveaway contest... tell everybody to participate!
    Have a great weekend!
    http://alices-adventuresinwonderland.blogspot.com/2009/12/homemade-christmas-decorations-kris.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...