12.17.2009

Is It Friday Yet?

This has been the worst.week.ever. Between grading essays, giving final exams, editing a yearbook, working until 9:00 - I am losing it. Poor husband. I come home each night, give him a kiss and burst into tears about how my life is so haaarrrddddd. It's a wonder he puts up with me, because as we all know, my life really isn't THAT hard and someone always has a worse situation. But, I've been extra emotional this week because my beautiful mama is in the hospital. She had some unexpected yet major surgery and is slowly recovering. She's so strong, but if you could send her some good blogger vibes for a speedy recovery, I'd be eternally grateful:) I knew she would be ok when I went to visit her yesterday, burst into tears when I saw her (I bet you didn't think I was the oldest child and almost 30 from this post), and she yelled at me for buying a new winter coat. That's my girl!

I have to admit, it's the little things that are keeping me going this week, like the promise of a new dress to wear to my hubby's 30th birthday dinner tomorrow (we're getting all sorts of fancy) AND waking up to discover I've been tagged with some blog love by the beautiful Gabby of "Gabby She Wrote". She is hilarious and shares an appreciatation for Trader Joe's and the musical stylings of Toto, so homegirl, thank you for making my morning!



That being said, I beleive I am supposed to reveal seven things about me. Hmm. Here goes:



1.) I still balance my checkbook EACH and EVERY morning at 5:00 a.m. (I don't think the hubs appreciates this, as he is often still sleeping) As in, I keep my ledger in a notebook and check it against everything online. I am deathly afraid of identity theft. Seriously, I am an original and not to be copied:)



2.) I am obsessed with leggings. I try to wear them on the weekends, as they aren't always teacher appropriate to wear on the job. I love wearing them with long sweaters and boots. I have gotten holes in several pairs, I've worn them out so much. I think I need a new trend...



3.) I need a hobby. I love to run, work out (I'll try any type of class once), and read - but I feel as if I need something creative, like baking or making something I can sell on Etsy. The problem? I SUCK at said activities. I tried to make a headband once. I burned my hand on the glue gun and my husband had to finish it for me. Truly, he is the woman in this marriage.



4.) I hate the way I look in pictures. I make the hubs photoshop my nose everytime.



5.) I am really, REALLY excited to go to Europe this summer and do more traveling in general. I feel like I need to do as much as possible before I consider the ideas of buying a house in the suburbs or having children. Yet, sometimes I feel like others judge me for this choice...



6.) I love my family, and I love that my siblings and I have grown closer over the years. I love that they appreciate my goofiness and allow me to take over their townhouses to have random dance parties:)



7.) I love YOU! Yes, YOU! As in, YOU who are reading this. I started this blog as a way to express my thoughts and feelings and I have met some amazing people in the process. The love and support in the blogosphere is unreal, and conversing with one another just makes me happy, darnit. At this very moment, I am giving all of you a mental blogger hug.






So, I pass this lovely little piece of goodness on to the following bloggers and anyone else who wants to play because I truly appreciate everyone's good wishes and support!

Wendy at Red Boots

Gaia at Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Danielle at Are You Picking Up What I'm Putting Down?

Christy at Better Together

Emily at The White Way of Delight

Paulina at mona may i

Rhianne at For the easily distracted


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's been such a rough week! Hang in there, it's almost over. And sending good vibes to your mom - I hope she recovers very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing about Mikey having to finish your headband. The visual is amazing (I see feathers!) And sometimes I feel that you and Mikey and Jeremy and I should all live together in a ginormous house and have a reality show because I think we are all filled with witty banter and hijinks. NBC is so desperate right now, I bet we could get picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, can I come live in your house with you guys? I can be the token slutty, single girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for your Mum! Mine had minor surgery a while back, and that was hard enough on me, so I can't imagine what you're going through. Be strong and know it will all turn out all right.

    And enjoy yourself when you go out on the town! You very much deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY! One step closer to that vacation next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. I keep my checkbook in Excel and not only do I balance it every day, I cut and paste the unpaid bills in there so as to figure out multiple scenarios for paying my bills. Weird.

    B. I started cross stitching this year. It's pretty easy - only seeing and counting are required for the easier projects. I used this book http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/

    C. I had unexpected surgery earlier this year. And while it was outpatient surgery, I ended up in the hospital with an infection. The worst thing about being in the hospital is not being able to sleep - as in the nurses keep checking on you every 2 hours and the bed is ridiculously uncomfortable so the best thing you can do for your mom is make sure she gets rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she has a quick and speedy recovery. She won't be spending Christmas in hospital, will she?

    xx

    ps: thank you so much for the lovely award :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girlfriend, I love you and I love that you gave me a shout out! As for the peeps who would potentially judge you about traveling before kids/house in the burbs.....shame on them! You only get one life to live and you must live it the way you want to! I applaud you and your decisions. Heck, this is the time for us to be selfish in life. Once kids and home responsibilities come into play, those take first priority. You live it up....I will do so with you! I am sending good vibes and much love to Jude as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woop woop for leggings and Europe. I'm tres jealous of your summer! I've had a crappy week too. Here's to a better one this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww i'm sorry youre week is rough. i hope this weekend is better and i'm thinking about your mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...