The other day, Mike and I were watching TV, and there was a scene in Times Square on New Years Eve (I honestly forget what we were watching exactly). Mike turned to me and said, "We should add this to our bucket list." (Personally, Times Square on NYE sounds like a nightmare, but at the same time, it's definitely a cool bucket list item.) Anyway, it got me thinking about my "fitness" bucket list. What races / classes / fitness-related experiences do I want to achieve in my lifetime? Anyway, here they are, in no particular order:
* Run the New York City Marathon.
I've put my name in the lottery a few times, but I've never been selected. I would LOVE to run in my favorite city in the world and experience the crowds in all five boroughs!
* Speaking of the marathon, beat my current time of 4:49. (Note: I don't think this will happen at NYCM, so I'd likely sign up for Chicago to achieve this goal.)
* Speaking of times, I'd like to beat my current half-marathon time of 2:03. I do think this is within reach sooner rather than later, and I've decided to make it a goal of mine this year!
* Hike Runyon Canon. And perhaps run into celebrities along the way:) (This require a trip to Los Angeles, which is a city I've never visited.)
* Take one barre class each day for one month. (This is something I can easily do this year at The Dailey Method!)
* "Run" the Boston Freedom Trail. (I've walked the Freedom Trail, so I think it'd be fun to actually run it.)
* Try stand-up paddelboarding.
* Try Crossfit.
* Take my best friend's WERQ class. She's a WERQ instructor in the north suburbs, and I'd love to take her dance class someday. (This can easily be arranged, especially when I am not working over the summer.)
* Complete a triathlon. This might seem easy, but I do not own a bike and I am petrified of riding one. So, this requires me getting over a fairly irrational fear.
Do you have any fitness "bucket list" items? Share them with me!
Mine is pretty much to get into a fitness routine. We just got Snap memberships so fingers crossed I stick with it!
ReplyDeleteI want to take a yoga handstands class, take a swim lesson to get better at swimming and take a row class!
ReplyDeleteI tried SUP this past year and I was so bad! I also hiked Runyon and did a walk up to the Hollywood sign- you would love that!
Great list! You MUST run NYCM! I totally get the bikephobia. I had an accident that left me with titanium reconstruction in my face so not irrational at all. On my bucket list are to finish up the marathon majors and survive that dang tri.
ReplyDeleteGreat list! Hmm, now I want to make one for me.
ReplyDeleteNew York is definitely on my to do list also!!! One day!! and I would love to "try a tri" lol, but I am afraid of the swim!!
ReplyDeleteStand up paddleboarding is sososo fun! I tried it this fall on the most amazing trip ever to Hawaii <3
ReplyDeleteMy current fitness bucketlist goal is to get really good and consistent with yoga and accomplish really beautiful, extreme flexibility poses and inversions :)
This is such a neat list! I've never tried barre since we don't have a class like that around here. I am slightly intimidated by group classes. I would much rather do a video at home, use my elliptical, or ride our bicycles. Speaking of bicycles.... SO much better than running (in my humble opinion). All of us got bicycles this past summer and we have put them to GOOD use! McKayla got a pretty nice bike, Michael got a REALLY nice bike, and I got a Wal-Mart special. I didn't want to put a lot of money into something that I wasn't sure I would use. I will eventually get a nicer bike, but it has been such a fun form of exercise and a great family activity. We have even taken our bikes on trips and found trails! So fun - I think you would love it!
ReplyDelete1. Sending NYCM lotto win vibes your way! 2. SUP is the best, I really enjoy it. Our friends bought a lake house about an hour from NYC and I'm ready to donate a SUP just so I can go and use it!
ReplyDeleteI simply need to get back into a routine. I used to be so much better at all of this...and then the move to a city I don't like at all happened and I just lost any will to work out. How sad is that?! So, yesterday I bought a mat for the house and I am ready to at least get back into Pilates again, every single day. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteAwesome list! I think that they offer a running "tour" in Boston. It may go on the Freedom trail! Also, I think that a triathlon is a great idea! Mike put his name in for the NYC marathon lottery this year, we'll see if he gets picked!
ReplyDelete