1.02.2015

Happy New Year!

Hi folks!  Welcome to 2015.  I hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration, whether you were out on the town, or enjoying a quiet evening at home, like us!  While most posts these days are about goals and resolutions for the new year, I've yet to give my 2015 goals some serious thought.  So until then, here's a little recap of how I spent my Christmas break!

Our "wild" New Years Eve!

In the two weeks I've had off of work, I certainly accomplished quite a bit.  I found my vacation to be a pretty good balance of productivity and relaxation.  I was able to…

* Workout!  Between at-home workouts, Dailey Method classes (7!), and a group run, I moved my body every single day.
TheEverygirl_JillDailey_6

Standard Dailey Method moves.  My planks are getting pretty long and strong, y'all!


First run of 2015!  It was only 20 degrees out.  NBD.

* Watch a TON of movies!  Mike and I took advantage of the quiet evenings at home to catch up on some movies.  In no particular order:

In the theater:

* Into the Woods
* Wild


streep-into-the-woods-1335_612x380



(Verdict: Absolutely LOVED both! And honestly.  Is there anything Meryl Streep CAN'T do?)

At home:

* The Interview (So bad, it was good…)
* Chef (I have never heard of this one, but I love Jon Favreau, and it was really cute.)
* Begin Again (I actually really liked this one too, and Adam Levine didn't hurt either.)
* This Is Where I Leave You (LOVED THIS!)
* The Judge (LOVED THIS TOO!)
* Men, Women and Children (Umm.  Weird and depressing.)

* Finish home projects.  From decorating our bedroom to getting our fireplace in order, Mike and I were pretty productive.  We also packed away Layla's baby clothes and toys, which was a bittersweet moment!

 
Our fireplace works!

* Do all of the "random" things, like…

Check out my brother's new place in the city.


*Drive around and look at lights.


Our local Clark Griswold.


Overall, it's been a wonderful break, and I plan to relax and enjoy the few days I have left before returning to work on Monday.

Have you had any time off?  How have you spent your break?


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. No time off here aside from my usual days but I got to spend lots of time with Izzy, which was nice! Sounds like your break has been amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a productive break! I've had a combination of time off and working time this break. The work days have been nice since not many people are in the office so it's been great catch up time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild was a great movie. It did tug a little hard on the heart strings with the mom and the horse backstories, but I love hiking, Reese was good, so it still gets high marks! That Clark Griswold house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were BUSY and productive!! :) I'm dying to see Into the Woods, especially after hearing so many great things from people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Meghan! I am loving reading all the recaps about how much Layla enjoyed her first holiday season. It sounds like you had an amazing, productive, and very relaxing break! The picture of your fireplace and Christmas tree looks wonderful - it should be in a Hallmark card! I don't have a fireplace at home but I have already decided that my next home MUST have one. It's a must-have during the dead of the winter! =) WOO HOO for attending 7 Dailey Method classes, on top of everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh two weeks off - so nice! I had days off here and there, but didn't get much accomplished. Glad you did, though! Ha! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely did more than I did during winter break. Now 5 more months to go till summer break. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a very productive and relaxing break! I didn't get much accomplished, I did swim, bike and run a lot. But I would have liked to get more done around the house, oh well. I go back to work tomorrow! Happy New Year to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...