I attended the concert with four of my girlfriends, and we decided to check out the new Flaco's Tacos location near the field. The service left much to be desired, but the food was excellent.
We stopped into The Cubby Bear for a quick shot (because, Wrigleyville) before heading into the concert.
Our seats were on the upper level along the first base line, which gave us an amazing view of the stage.
And the concert. Sweet Jesus, the man can rock. His set list?
- A Matter of Trust
- Pressure(followed by "Your Song" by Elton John snippet)
- Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - One of my favorites!!!
- An Innocent Man
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game(Edward Meeker cover)
- The Entertainer
- Vienna (LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.)
- Zanzibar
- New York State Of Mind (My favorite, because I am in a NY state of mind about 75% of the time anyway…)
- Sometimes a Fantasy
- Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
- Allentown
- She's Always a Woman (LOVE)
- My Life (Umm, I rocked out HARD to this one.)
- Highway to Hell(AC/DC cover)
- Don't Ask Me Why
- Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
- The River of Dreams("My Kind of Town" interpolation)
- Piano Man
- Encore:
- Uptown Girl
- It's Still Rock and Roll to Me (A favorite)
- Big Shot (Another favorite)
- You May Be Right
- Only the Good Die Young
Are you a Billy Joel fan???
Awesome! It was such a perfect night for it too. I got an invite to a RnR VIP party on one of the rooftops for that concert, alas I did not make it down. Now I'm thinking unless the rooftop was along left field, there would be no view. But yes! Billy is SO talented.
ReplyDeleteI love him and am so glad he still does what he is so very talented at doing!
ReplyDeleteBTW, prompted by your photo caption, Earvin and I had a lengthy discussion about what "turn down for what?" means and proceeded to use the phrase all weekend.
It would have been a completely appropriate caption for your photo.
Sounds like so much fun!!! I'm not a super fan but would not have turned down concert tickets, that's for sure! He's a legend!
ReplyDeleteYES YES YES! I've loved Billy Joel ever since I was a very little girl. I've got a book of his piano sheet music that is all worn out and falling apart because I played it so much. :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO FREAKING JEALOUS. I actually may hate you a little (but not really. But maybe....). Seriously.
ReplyDeleteI have always heard Billy Joel's an amazing performer! Sounds like a perfect night!
ReplyDeleteHUGE Billy Joel fan and I love that he can still rock after being amazing all these years! That looks like such a fun time!
ReplyDeleteSO. MUCH. FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a GREAT concert!!!
ReplyDelete