(Family selfie!)
Here are some pics from the big day! We were married in my family's church, and then had our reception at a nearby golf course.


(Photo Credit: Matt Schademann of Schademann Photography)
For those of you who may not know my husband, here's five (because, 5 years) little facts about him:
1.) Mike is a self-taught photographer.
Yes, it's true. This man is THE headshot photographer in Chicago, and he taught himself. I've always known that Mike was meant to have a creative job, and it doesn't hurt that he is a sharp businessman as well. He created a successful business from the ground up, and I am so proud of him.
2.) The man can cook!
He can take anything in our kitchen and create a delicious meal on the spot. I can barely boil a pot of water, so this works well for us. (Random story: Mike cooked for me on our first date. I was SO afraid that he was going to kill me, as I was invited to his apartment alone. But the evening was spectacular, and one I'll never forget.)
3.) Mike is a total handyman.
No matter the task, Mike is always up to the challenge. He completely rennovated our basement. He built his own shelves. He even installed a new water heater. To be perfectly honest, these projects usually stress me out. However, he always gets the job done - and exceeds my expectations each time!
4.) Mike listens to political talk radio.
I think it's awesome that Mike is so interested in politics, and as such, he has educated himself enough to speak intelligently on many issues.
5.) Mike is exactly.like.his.father. (I consider this to be a huge compliment, btw.)
(My father Jack and my mother Judy, myself and Mike, & my mother-in-law Vickie and my father-in-law Mike)
It's funny. No matter how often I see my father-in-law, I discover some new personality trait that the two of them have in common. And I love it!
Mike, you are my rock. You are the absolute best husband and father a woman could ask for. It's difficult to put into words how much I love you, and how proud I am of you - and us. Our ten years together certainly haven't been boring, and I look forward to many more years of love and laughter with you.
cool to learn a little more about your husband and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. What a great way to celebrate with your family :)
ReplyDeleteEeee happy anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteI love the family selfie, its totally made my day! :)
Aw, this makes me happy. Happy anniversary to you both!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful wedding! Congrats on some wonderful adventures with your husband! That Layla is just too cute!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Love that selfie!!
ReplyDeleteHey! I think I know that church. It looks like my aunt & uncle's church! Which makes sense, since I think we established they are practically your neighbors over there in TP.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I loved reading this list. And that #5 is a good thing, lol!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, my dear! Y'all are too cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!! Beautiful wedding...beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteLove. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, lovely!!!! You three have a fabulous day today, and well, celebrate all week long. :)
ReplyDeleteHappiest anniversary to you both!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary to your beautiful fam!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I love that so many of us bloggers got married the same year! Can we talk about what a catch you've got there?! Photographer, cooks, and fixes things?! Nice!!!
ReplyDelete