3.14.2014

Layla: 4 Month Update!

Layla is currently:  4 months and 6 days old! (Sorry, I'm late to the party on this one.  As one of my friends put it, I'll file my delayed post under #casualtiesofmotherhood.)


image
(This big girl loves the new basement "theater chairs"!)

Weight: As of 3/10/14, Layla is 14 lbs. 6 oz.!  According to the pediatrician, this puts her in the 70th percentile for weight.


Height: As of 3/10/14, Layla is 26.5 inches.  This now brings her to the 95th pencentile for length.



image
(Our failed attempt at 4 month photos…)

Clothing:  Layla is in all 6-month clothing!  It's funny - we received SO MANY newborn and 3 month outfits, and now we've finally hit a point where we need to do more shopping!


Nicknames: (Same as last time!) I have NO idea how this started, but we call her our "little bean", which has also carried over into calling her "Layla Bean".  Honestly, this should have just been her middle name all along.



image
(I couldn't resist this outfit at Target!)

Health/Diet
:  Layla is one tough, healthy little lady!  I am really proud of the fact that I have been able to keep up with her needs by pumping at work and nursing her when I am home.  The nursing has become our special time when I get home from work, which makes me so happy:)


Sleep:  Folks, I think this whole "4 month sleep regression" is real!  Layla went from sleeping through the night to waking 3-4 times.  However, I will say that she no longer fusses when we put her down for naps and bedtime.  She usually goes right to sleep without any issues!



image
(Tummy time is hard work, y'all…)

Milestones
:  It's official!  Layla now rolls over!  She's only rolled from tummy to back, but still, it's so exciting.  She's pretty close to rolling from back to tummy, too - and she loves to practice in her sleep (see below). As a result, we no longer swaddle her for naps and bedtime, and she's adjusted pretty well.  



image 

Likes:  (Same as last time!) Layla continues to love her activity mat and MamaRoo swing.  She gets so excited when we put her in it that I swear she would kick herself out of it if we didn't have her strapped in.  She also loves looking at herself in the mirror and trying to eat books when I read to her:)  She also loves her hands, and a new development is that she loves to have her hair brushed.  And when I sing to her…well, it's cuteness overload!  She laughs like crazy - probably because my voice is so awful:)


Added:  Layla LOVES bathtime.  About 30 minutes before her bath, I lay out a bunch of towels and she lays on them before the bath while we sing and talk.  



image

(A new trick - grabbing toys with her mouth.  Sigh.)

Dislikes:  Being strapped into her carseat, as well as not being able to see what's going on (when she's held, she loves to face "out").  Honestly, there isn't much she dislikes these days.  She's a pretty flexible kid.

Minus the sleep regression, we're doing pretty great over here!  I cannot WAIT for spring…err…summer at this point…so we can take Layla outside and get more use out of the BOB stroller!  :)  Happy Weekend, folks!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I think we're finally working out the 4 month sleep regression. James was up 3-4 times and now I've worked out his routine a little and he's up 1-2. I'm pretty sure he's able to only get up once a night so we're working on that! I wish he was ready to stop swaddling but he's fighting it so I'm not pushing. I've followed his lead for other things and I know that we'll keep working on it and stop when he's ready. I take comfort in the fact that he won't be swaddled at 18 :) Layla is such a precious girl!! Seriously, her outfits are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think she is the most perfect baby ever. Im not even joking. BTW Michele is going through the sleep regression. Happy to connect y'all if you want to complain together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even handle the cuteness. She's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue jacket! Target has the cutest baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's getting so big! I love it! I just posted Patsy's 6 month update too. It is crazy how fast our little girls are growing. Once the weather gets nice, we'll have to go on another stroller run together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just so darn pretty! I know I say that every month but it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah she is just so cute... I keep turning my computer to show Iz all the pictures. We kind of drool over her lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the CUTEST!!! WOW! Love love love. Tell her she has an NYC boyfriend on the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, she is absolutely precious! And I love the bright, spring outfit... little fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so beautiful! And I love these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her cute little headband!! I hope you guys are getting some more sleep around there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, I think we need a video of this singing induce giggling? So we can laugh, too?! :)

    Those blue eyes! She is so gorgeous!

    I hope the sleep gets back on track soon. And yeah, that summer comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is it about a sleeping baby that can make you feel so calm and chill? Love her napping pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...