However, the next few weeks will be challenging because I return to work soon, but it is what it is. I know there will be good days and bad days, and we're very fortunate that we don't have to take her anywhere in the AM - our "daycare" will be coming to us, and I think that will make our transition so much easier.
Layla is currently: 3 months old!
Weight: As of 1/28/14, Layla is 13 lbs. 3 oz.! According to the pediatrician, this puts her in the 80th percentile for weight.
Height: As of 1/28/14, Layla is 25.5 inches. Somehow, this puts her "off the charts"! Who would have thought we'd have such a long baby on our hands??? (I'm pretty sure this comes from my husband's side of the family…)
Clothing: Due to the above information, Layla is now in 6 month clothing. I feel terrible because we received SO MANY 3 month outfits that she didn't get a chance to wear all of them and now many of them no longer fit:(
Nicknames: (Same as last time!) I have NO idea how this started, but we call her our "little bean", which has also carried over into calling her "Layla Bean". Honestly, this should have just been her middle name all along.
Health/Diet: (Same as last time!) Layla is one healthy little lady, as far as we know! She is a voracious eater, and receives breast milk for all feedings with the exception of one. On some days, her last feeding is now a 4 oz. bottle of Earth's Best formula. We wanted to introduce her to a little bit in the event that we will need to supplement when I return to work. (Added: I've started a modest freezer stash of breast milk. I'm pretty proud of it!)
Sleep: Ugh. "No sleep 'til Brooklyn" is how we describe Layla's sleep patterns lately. I am not sure if it's a growth spurt or what, but the past few days, she has been giving us a run for our money. She went from sleeping through the night to waking every couple of hours. Mike and I try to trade off the duties, but we're pretty sleep deprived these days.
Update: We tried an earlier bedtime, and the past few nights have been AWESOME! I've been reading a lot about sleep lately, and it's truly fascinating.
Milestones: This is one tough little kid. She rocks at tummy time and is SO CLOSE to rolling over. It's almost funny how determined she is - I think she gets it from her father:) In addition, Layla continues to smile, babble and giggle!
Layla, mid-babble!
Dislikes: Right now, the only thing she REALLY hates is to be swaddled. She's getting stronger and stronger, so we know the swaddling days are limited!
Sigh. I just love this kid. See you in a few weeks for the 4 month update!
She is so cute! H loves his hands this month, too! You'll appreciate a good freezer stash when you return to work! I've had to dip into mine a little bit while I adjust to this whole new pumping at work routine!
ReplyDeleteOMG 3 months! No way! Too fast! Layla Bean is a doll! Go you on that freezer stash. I swear that is one of my proudest accomplishments. Haha!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she's 3 months!!! INSANE!! She's adorable! Nicknames are crazy... we call Addison, Addy Weinerschnitzel.. I mean.. what?
ReplyDeleteAww she's so stinkin cute!
ReplyDeleteThat first picture... OMG, so cute!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe it's been 3 months already!!
Oh my word!!! She is so cute!!! I'll be thinking of you as you head back to work. It will be hard but you will make it through...it will make time with her even sweeter!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big she is! What a healthy girl! Isn't the earlier bedtime wonderful?? James has done great with it. Layla is just too precious!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am happy the nights are a little better since you tried the earlier bedtime.
ReplyDeleteSomeone once told me to buy newborns only 3 mo and 6 mo stuff because they might not be able to use the newborn outfits. Now I know that about 3 mo stuff, too!
She is SO tall! I never would have imagined that! Evan was 27 inches and 15 pounds at his year appointment! And I heard rumors that going to be earlier helps babies sleep better. Evan sleeps in our bed so that solved most problems because he's right there, but eventually I'm going to have to wean him from night feedings....and I'm not looking forward to it. She is one cutie lady, I hope I can meet her one day!
ReplyDeleteSeriously she is such a little darling, I can't stand it.
ReplyDeleteLove her dress. Might borrow it from her...hahahahahaha! :) But in all seriousness she's sooooo adorable I can't believe she's already 3 months old. Crazy how time flies.
ReplyDeleteI just wandered over from Kim at @ilaxstudio and wow Layla is gorgeous! Good luck training for your half!
ReplyDelete