10.29.2013

A Kinda, Sorta "House Tour"

Well, folks, Mike and I have been in our new place for one month, and despite all of the chaos, I have to say that we've accomplished quite a bit.  Since it's still a work in progress, and we're expecting a little baby lady any day now (official due date is SATURDAY!  WOOHOO!), I am not sure how "finished" the new place will be.  So, until I can give you the grand tour, here's a few peeks into our new place!

The Basics:  We are currently living in my hometown in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.  The place we bought has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and a full finished basement with an unofficial bedroom/office.

When we moved in, we immediately replaced all of the carpeting upstairs with hardwood and extended the hardwood in the living room into our kitchen.  It was a NIGHTMARE. (But, it's gorgeous!)

The Basement:  The basement houses our old couch and TV from our apartment and will likely serve as our TV area / baby's play area / storage / guest bedroom - we're not really quite sure.  Maybe a bar someday?

The First Floor:  The main level contains our kitchen, living and dining room (it's an open concept), laundry room, powder room and guest bedroom (where we also put in hardwood floors) with full bathroom.  Currently, our old bedroom set is in the guest bedroom, along with the baby's bassinet.  We plan on making the guest bedroom our "home base" for the first few weeks with our little girl as I will likely want to avoid stairs and we don't have our new bedroom set yet!

Some pieces on the first floor:


IMG_2743

"Coffee bar" from Craigslist.  I know many of you saw this on Instagram already, but we REALLY love this piece.  The seller finishes vintage furniture.  Plus, that turquoise color is going to be one of the "accent" colors in our living/dining room.  There's still a lot of work to be done, but imagine a different color wall (a dark taupe) and a "gallery wall" of frames above it.

Coffee Table

Coffee Table:  West Elm I know this looks really "rustic" to some of you, but my husband and I tend to have a pretty unique taste.  We are in love with this table - plus, it matches our dining room table.


IMG_2745

Dining Room Table: Walter E. Smithe.  I bet you're thinking, "WHY DOES SHE CONSTANTLY TAKE SHITTY iPHONE PHOTOS?"  Honestly?  I'm lazy.  Plus, my camera is packed in my hospital bag.  But, we love our table.  The chairs are "industrial" and the table is a rustic wood.  Imagine an area rug underneath, and those horrible curtains in the background GONE.  

IMG_2744

Couch:  CB2 It's hard to tell from my iPhone photo but it's a darkish brown "tweed".  And, it's super comfortable!  We plan on purchasing two chairs as well in our accent colors to compliment the couch.

The Second Floor: The second floor consists of our master bedroom with full bathroom, the baby's room and another full bathroom (which will be her space).  There is also a loft space which houses Mike's OBNOXIOUSLY large desk (pic to come)!  This will be his "office".

Since we don't have our bedroom set purchased yet, here is our inspiration.  We're going with a gray, white and yellow scheme!


Bedroom

Bedroom1

Potential Bedroom Set:  A mixture of Craigslist vintage furniture and World Market


So, there you have it!  It's a work in progress, but we're pretty happy! :)

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. How many stairs do you have? We live in a trilevel and even with a third degree tear and lots of stitches the stairs never bothered me. Obviously sleep where there is a bed though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that coffee bar! And World Market is an awesome place. I lust over many of their home goods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee table. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm I love everything you posted. Can you come decorate my house??? That coffee table is fab!!! I used to have a coffee table and when Collin started walking we put it in the basement. That was 3 years ago and it's still there lol. Now I am just going to wait for Luke to get through crawling/walking before I bring it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love everything you've done so far and everything you plan to do! You guys have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! I really like your mix of pieces! I am obsessed with yellow and gray lately! I was just thinking this morning of doing my master bath in those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that coffee bar, I die! That thing is so gorgeous. And I LOOOOOOOVE your kitchen table. You're making me want to go out and buy new furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pieces in your house! I can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pieces! Our style is the same- vintage meets modern. :) We have a lot of Mid Century modern stuff plus some Shabby Chic pieces. It's kind of a mix but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come decorate my house please! I've never been any good at putting individual pieces together to make a room look cohesive. Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving everything so far! The coffee bar is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that coffee bar! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great. I love the coffee bar! What a great purchase/find. Can't believe the due date is Saturday! Eep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dont see a Neely room but I assume thats a work in progress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...