11.04.2013

40 Week Bump Date!

Well, folks, I didn't know if I'd have a 40 week update for you, but here we go!  This little lady is VERY content in my belly.  Perhaps she's enjoying all of the leftover Halloween candy??? Granted, I want her to stay put as long as she needs, but I cannot deny the fact that I am SO excited to meet her!


elephant-pregnant-pregnancy-gestation-period-cute_therapy-ecards-someecards
AMEN.

I am currently:  40 weeks and 2 days!


IMG_2750
(Yep.  I am officially huge.  In lots of places, apparently.  Ugh.)

The baby is the size of: a pumpkin!  


Anything new this week?  Ha.  Story of my life.  Let's see...

Work:  I started my maternity leave on Friday, though today was supposed to be Day #1 (See below).  To make a long story short, there was a LOT of confusion at my school about whether or not I could work past my due date.  Then, I found out that I COULD, as long as I had a doctor's note.  However, when my doctor said that I wouldn't go past 41 weeks anyway, and I realized that with the holidays, I actually gain an extra 2.5 weeks of leave (brining my grand total to 14.5 weeks), I figured a few days to relax by myself & continue to get the house in order wasn't such a horrible idea:)

The House:  We're ready...well, mostly!  :) We have the basic furniture we need (see previous post) and the baby's room is ready!  I'll share the grand tour at some point, but I LOVE how it turned out!

Baby:  SO.  We had a bit of a false alarm on Friday AM.  I really don't want to get into details here, but I called the doctor and she said to go straight to the hospital.  However, after monitoring baby for an hour and running a few tests, it was determined that I was not in labor and was sent home.  As disappointed as I was, I suppose it gave us a nice little "trial run" of the real deal!  And most importantly, the little lady looks great!


sorry-advance-multitude-verbal-away-we-go-ecard-someecards
I know.  I'm huge.  And I love it when people remind me of this.

Maternity clothes? (Same answer as 36 weeks!) Yes, although I am basically wearing the same 5-7 outfits all of the time now because I refuse to buy new clothing.


Stretch marks? (Same answer as 38 weeks!) Remember my "don't care" attitude about stretch marks?  Well, I have one.  And I can honestly say that I still don't care:)  


Movement? YES.  She continues to have really active periods in the early AM, late AM and evening.  I read that at this stage, the baby sleeps about 90% of the time in there anyway, so everything seems normal.




Food cravings? Honestly, my diet is pretty normal at this point, and I am trying to eat smaller, but more consistent meals throughout the day.  I don't want to go into labor with a belly full of Chipotle.



General symptoms? The usual:  fatigue.  Sore hips at night.  Having to pee every 10 seconds.  LOTS of cramping and pressure.




Workouts? Still walking!  Thank goodness for my parents and Mike.  As one woman said during a "track workout", "Girl, you look like you're trying to walk that baby out of you."  That's the plan, lady.

Just a few final thoughts:


* I'm not one to typically believe in this stuff, but I don't think I ever shared this story.  When I was running the Indy Mini-Marathon back in May (at about 15 weeks pregnant), I had a vision.  I NEVER have visions.  But in this vision, I knew that our baby was a girl (this was before we had our ultrasound), that she had blondish-reddish hair, she was FEISTY, and her name was __________ (Basically, our #1 name choice).  It was such a strange feeling, because it was such a powerful moment.  Additionally, I've been having dreams about our little lady recently too, and she seems to fit the above description.


* On a related note, Mike and I love to contemplate what she will actually look like, so I thought I'd share a few photos of US as babies.  Below is myself and my siblings, along with how much weighed at birth.  I truly hope my mother didn't pass these numbers down...


IMG_1882
Left to Right:  Me (8.5 lbs), Kevin (10.5 lbs.), Mike (10 lbs.), and Molly (9.5 lbs).  We are all approximately 3 months old in these photos.

image
baby-picture


And this little nugget is Mike!  How cute is he???  He was graced with a full head of hair once he was a toddler, which is something I hope our little baby lady inherits:)  

There you go, folks!  The next time you hear from me, I will hopefully be sharing news about our little one!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. You're there!!!!! My chickie came late and it was great to have that time home just getting last minute things done and relaxing!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see your cute ginger baby! I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHooo! You look stunning! What a journey this has been. Cannot wait to meet the little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so close ! So so excited for you and hope you are enjoying your last few days before your family becomes three :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CANNOT believe that you are already 40 weeks! Seriously!!! I will be constantly stalking you to see if little lady has made her grand appearance!! And I just love the story about your vision. I totally think she's gonna be a cute little ginger. LOVE your baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah you're so close! And btw, you're looking fabulous :) those baby photos are adorbs. Can't wait for your precious babe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Based on those photos, this little baby girl is guaranteed to be a cutie! Can't wait to hear when she arrives! Hang in there, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toddler mook is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great that you can take a little time now and will still get so much time on leave once your little lady arrives!

    And LOL about not going into labor with a belly full of Chipotle! I never really thought too hard about that, but that's probably a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm so excited for you! Rory was three days late, so I think your little miss is showing up tomorrow. :) I swear by eating hot wings and greasy fries!! The night before she was born, I was craving something spicy and bad for me (lol) and BAM 6 hrs later, I was in labor. So scientific, I'm sure. ;)

    Good for you for still walking!!! That's going to make labor easier for you, promise.

    Sending lots of prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with labor when it happens!!! I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

    I love the baby pictures, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great! But I totally know the feeling of being overdue! I was induced 4 days overdue. Best thing that ever happened to me :) ha ha!
    Praying everything goes smoothly during labor! I'm SO excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So close! Can't wait for your next post to announce baby girl's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be praying for a speedy and safe delivery! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for you and your little lady to arrive!! I totally know what you mean about wanting to meet her! I had the exact same feeling around that same time. I'll be closely monitoring social media to see when your little nugget will arrive!

    Oh, and the judgements/comments from people about pregnancy only get worse once you have the baby. "She's how old? She's so tiny!!!!! Was she early?"... not to mention the comments, etc. about breastfeeding versus formula feeding... It seems when it comes to pregnancy AND babies, people just can't help themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying she comes soon! Can't wait for the announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have the most positive upbeat attitude. As soon as I hit 36 weeks I was miserable and wanted my baby out. Can't wait to see if baby girl is a redhead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to hear news of your lil lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo! That vision that you had during the race... how cool! I am so excited to hear all about her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. !!!! Seriously every single time I log onto Facebook I check to see if you've gone to the hospital. Baby girl needs to hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats lady! I think congrats are in order right? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, I can't believe you are 40 weeks ALREADY!!! And I can't wait to see the room, the sneak pictures were adorable. I'm also wondering if you had the same false alarm as me! Keeping you in my thoughts as you rest and prepare and may all go well and easy when it's for real!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...