11.12.2013

Our Little Layla.

I know many of you have already seen the news on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, but yes - our little lady made her debut on Friday, November 8th at 3:46 p.m. 


Layla Marie joined the world at 8 lbs., 7 oz. and 20.5 inches, and we are so in love with her!


I am not sure if I will post one of those "birth stories", but I will say that the labor was long and intense.  My water broke on its own on Thursday evening, and she arrived Friday afternoon after 3.5 hours of pushing and forceps.  It was honestly the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I wouldn't change it for a second...


Here's a few photos from the past couple of days!


image

(Our first photo together!  There are many things happening here:  1.) Layla is pointing out my double chin, so she's already a little feisty one, and 2.) I look annoyed because I can't see her that well and the doctors are umm...still working down there and I just wanted them to stop so I could get a better look at my baby girl!)

image

(Layla's first morning!  I couldn't believe how alert - and quiet! - she was.  She's still very alert, but she's also found her voice...)

image

(The proud papa.  He was so meant to be a father.  He's so patient and gentle with Layla, and she's so lucky to have him.)

image

(Those eyes just kill me...)

image

(I took advantage of our first full day home to play dress-up.  She wasn't impressed.  As my friend Sally pointed out, Layla has already mastered the McKayla Maroney look...)

I also have some newborn photos to share with you from the hospital, so hopefully you will see those soon.  Overall, the three of us are doing great!  We're still trying to figure all of this out, and we're exhausted, but Layla is such a wonderful little baby and I still can't believe we get to keep her:)  Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support.  It means the world to us!
Photobucket

46 comments:

  1. I'm crying :) Layla is so beautiful, and I'm just so thrilled for you and Mike! Y'all are going to be such fantastic parents, and she's a lucky little girl to have parents who love her so much! I want to meet her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful!! I laughed out loud about her pointing out your double chin. Hilarious. So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Congrats to you and your new little family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazingly beautiful girl and family! SO happy for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Meghan! She's perfection. I'm proud of you for laboring so long and proudly. You go girl!! Layla is just beautiful and worth every second of the wait. Enjoy! It really does fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! The first picture, where she's looking right at you, and the one with Mike are both so, so sweet. I'm so glad to hear you're all doing well. Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Layla is breathtaking! What a stunner and OMG so expressive! Congrats!!!! Now that the long L&D are over and you made it through you have a badass story that's yours forever. I went in to deliver Thing 1 on a Saturday night and she wasn't born until almost freaking Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness you've got a heartbreaker on your hands! She is so beautiful. Those eyes are so expressive! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's seriously one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! I'm so happy for you guys! Ugh forceps! I want to read that story. Have you talked about picking her name?

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a beauty, what a gorgeous baby! Congrats! And I would totally read the birth story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is gorgeous! A big congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's beautiful!!! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so, so beautiful!!! A HUGE congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! She's beautiful. And oh, those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is precious! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! She's beautiful! I love her name too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous and so much congratulations! Those photos are stunning, guess it pays to have a husband who is a photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations again! And may I say I LOVE her name! So elegant and gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your beautiful addition!! great to hear that everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Meg, you brought tears to my eyes...love reading your stories! She is beautiful..Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SHE IS PERFECT!!!! Major congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is so cute, congratulations, can't wait to see more pics. And I love the name:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! Oh my goodness she is so beautiful! Those eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh I am so happy for y'all! Layla is as pretty as she can be and I love her name! Your double chin comment cracked me up! And I just love what you said about your husband being meant to be a father. Y'all are going to be just wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Layla is beautiful!! Wishing you all a lifetime of health, happiness and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Meghan she is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I actually have tears in my eyes Meghan. I am so incredibly happy for you and Mike and sweet little Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is just so precious! Patsy and I are so excited to meet Layla! Hopefully we can go for a walk sometime when the weather is a bit nicer (and warmer). Congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Shes gorgeous! You can overload us with baby Layla every single day! Shes perfection like seriously the most beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  30. She's perfect. :) Congratulations again, mama! I'm so thrilled for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww yayayay!!!! I was JUST thinking about you and then I check and see you had her!! Layla is a beautiful name and she is so pretty! I'm glad you are all doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww, sweet baby Layla (got me on my knees, Layla!...sorry, couldn't help but break out in song!)... She's absolutely adorable :) Congrats mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am just so ecstatic for you guys! You are going to have so much fun, and I'm not going to lie... you may have tough times adjusting and sleepless nights {as I'm sure you're finding out} but those won't last long, EVERYONE goes through it; you are not alone, and they are all WORTH IT! She is just precious... congrats, congrats, congrats! I just want to squish her.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations! Aww, Layla! She is so beautiful! And I just love her name. I am happy to hear you are all doing well. I can't wait to hear more about her! I love that she is pointing at your chin in that pic, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations! I'm glad she's already learned how to be unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. She's so so beautiful Meghan! Congratulations to you and Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  37. congratulations!
    what beautiful thoughtful eyes she has!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats!!!!!! She is beautiful and very alert with her eyes staring at you. Hoping that you and Mike are adjusting to parenthood and that you soak in every minute, they are only this small for such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  39. She is so beautiful! What lovely, very alert eyes she has. :) What a doll. Congratulations to you and your hubby! Welcome to the world, Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  40. She's beautiful, Meghan! Congrats! Oh my gosh! How amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats!!! So happy for you! Glad you are both ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...