* Coffee. I know, I know. Some of you are like, "But you're PREGNANT!" However, in small doses, it's totally safe (According to my doctor, of course. Everyone's doctor / pregnancy is different). Anyway, I bring it up because it saved my ass when I was traveling with teenagers last week.
And, if it makes you feel better, I always order the smallest size. And 90% of the time, I don't even finish half of it:)
* Chicago. I feel pretty lucky to live in such a gorgeous, albeit corrupt, city. I mean, LOOK at these views!

* Health Insurance. I know. Total snoozefest, right? But, it's something I've taken for granted for years, and to have such an awesome plan that covers everything from breast pumps to prenatal classes is definitely a gift. (Side note: Is it weird that I am SUPER pumped for my "Labor and Delivery" class this weekend???)
* Brunch. Whoever created the concept of brunch is a damn genius. I love sitting outside, enjoying either breakfast OR lunch, with good friends.
* My Husband. Seriously, the man is my rock. And he's pretty cute, too:)
* Etsy. I've found some ridiculously cute items for the little lady. WHO ARE THESE TALENTED PEOPLE?!?!?!


(Together, this shall be one of her "newborn photo shoot" outfits! Plus, the headband matches the color scheme of her nursery!)
Bloomers: my2lilpixies (Image from Etsy shop)
Headband: 3LoveliesBowtique (Image from Etsy shop)
Also, the sweet folks at The Hair Bow Company sent me a package of goodies for our little girl. I cannot wait to see how she looks! And seriously - BABY LEG WARMERS?!?!?! I am dying. Thank you so much for your generosity!
What are you grateful for these days?!?!?!
Have you tried decaf coffee? I keep drinking decaf Americanos from Starbucks. I now realize that I really do enjoy the taste of coffee, not just the caffeine. Also, I can't wait to see how you will dress Lil Schacht and what Mike comes up with for photo shoots. Based on your pregnancy announcement video, it will be amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am SO thankful for coffee at this point! My one cup of coffee in the morning makes my day since sleep just isn't happening. All of the little girl things for newborn shoots are TOO cute! I'm trying to figure out what we'll do for this little boy. Etsy is my weakness, well, as are all the shops with precious homemade items!
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for my vacation even though it's over, and for good friends and travel which I am hoping to combine this winter. I am grateful for our new apartment even though I'm going to hate moving :)
ReplyDeletethose bloomers are amazing! and what a generous and adorable care package. I'm glad you're feeling better!
Oh my gosh your little girl is going to be the CUTEST. For serious!
ReplyDeleteAnd I remember when I worked in a coffee shop I worked with a 16 year old that nearly REFUSED to give a pregnant woman coffee. She kept saying, "But she's pregnant, she can't have coffee, doesn't she know!?" I finally stopped and said, "Pretty sure she knows better than you do if she can have coffee or not." Lord. Oddly the girl now has a baby herself. I wonder if she drank coffee while she was preggo....
Aww seeing such cute girlie clothes and hair accessories makes me want to have a little girl. Btw I read your minor meltdown post and with all you have going on I would be freaking out daily. Buying a house was one of the most stressful life events. Buying a house and being pregnant are two major events so cut yourself some slack.
ReplyDeleteI drank coffee throughout my pregnancy with my daughter and she turned out just fine! I had a few baristas question me when I didn't order decaf, which was annoying, but my doctor was totally fine with it in moderation too.
ReplyDeleteThose headbands are adorable! I wish my girl would keep them on now!
I'm thankful for my right leg/foot, because it's doing all the work right now!!! ;-) Those things are so cute I can't take it!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I am grateful for many things -- among them some of yours coffee, Chicago, insurance, cute husband :) Also, running, friends, blog, health!
ReplyDeleteDo you have a baby photog? I have a great recommendation if you need one!
Oh, those views! I'm totally jealous. And the newborn shoot is going to be so much fun... having a little girl is the best, you'll love it!
ReplyDeleteI love this! You know I would! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my word! My uterus aches looking at that stuff! However, NO. Not yet! I'll just continue to look at all your adorable baby stuff (and her when she's here!!). :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're feeling more relaxed! And oh man, baby leg warmers are where it's at. Soooooooo much easier than pants in the cool weather. Ellie lived in long-sleeved onesies and pants all through fall/winter last year! How nice to have the hook up! :)
ReplyDeleteI love those outfits, I can not wait to see the pictures of her wearing them. And do not feel bad about the coffee, I drank coffee all through my pregnancy, and my boy turned out fine:)
ReplyDeleteI definitely hear you on health insurance! After seeing how much Mike's bike accident medical bills, ambulance, ER, specialist, etc. would have cost us if we didn't have it, I was happy to pay the very small amount we had to pay.
ReplyDeleteEtsy is so much fun! I love stuff I see on there :)
Those are going to be the cutest, little clothes! Ahh I love Chicago... ok maybe not the winters.
ReplyDeleteEtsy is a dangerous place for girl moms :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your little lady in those adorable things!! I'm glad to hear that coffee is okay in moderation because I will literally sometimes thing to myself, mid coffee, "gosh it would be sad to not be able to have this."
ReplyDeleteHealth insurance is actually a really interesting topic to me! Right now my nonprofit is doing open enrollment and our new plan suuuuucks. Yet another reason to get out of the nonprofit world!!!