2.20.2012

Hi. I'm Meghan. And I'm Awkward.

Hi friends!  It's been quite a weekend, as I spent the majority of it with 35 teenagers, holed up in a castle for a leadership retreat.  Yes.  There is a castle in Illinois.  I returned home on Sunday, exhausted and in desperate need of a shower, and quickly fit in a yoga class before heading to our first Restaurant Week reservation, David Burke's Primehouse.  All I have to say is this:  cheesecake lollipops.  Holla.


Anyway, since I am attending BLISSDOM this weekend and have several new readers, I thought I'd do a little post, introducing myself to all of you!  So, here we go.


IMG_5360


My name is Meghan, and as you can tell from my header, and this photo taken by my hubby, I love:

Chicago




Cupcakes






Coffee






Running (Unfortunately, it doesn't begin with the letter C.  That would be really cool, wouldn't it???)




I started blogging in late 2008, but never told anyone I had a blog until late 2009.  And then, it really wasn't until early 2010 that I actually had people reading on a regular basis.  Overall, I'm a pretty sucky blogger.  I don't post regularly, and while I do have a weekly link-up, I don't promote it well, nor do I have a button.  But here I am, faults and all!

Many people often wonder why I chose the name, "The Perfect Compilation Tape".  In hindsight, it's kind of long and easily forgettable, but I'm too lazy to change it to something that contains the word "sparkle".  Anyway, my favorite movie of all time is "High Fidelity" with John Cusack (Chicago boy, HOLLA!).  In the movie, he (among other things), discusses the finer points of creating the perfect compilation, or "mix" tape.  He puts so much thought and effort into selecting the perfect songs, just as he does with his relationships.  To me, it's a metaphor for life.  There are ups and downs.  High points and low points.  Fast and slow times.  But in the end, it all comes together:)

In the movie, Rob Gordon (John Cusack) weaves together endless "Top 5" lists.  And so, here are the Top 5 Things YOU Should Know About ME!


5.) I think traveling is good for the soul, yet getting to the airport stresses me out.


4.) I adore classic movies.  My favorite?  "Gone With the Wind"!


3.) I am a FitFluential Ambassador, and I am so honored to be a part of a group that promotes healthy living through social networking.  You can check out my profile here!


2.)  Secretly, I would love to move to NYC.  So, chances are, if I meet you at Blissdom and you're from New York, you should run the other way.  Because I will stalk you and ask you endless questions about your life.


1.)  I adore my husband.  We've been married for 2 1/2 years, and there is never a shortage of laughter in our house.


So, tell me about yourself!  Are you attending Blissdom???  Have you ever been to a blogging conference?  

Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Neely and I'm attending blissdom but you prob already knew that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, girl. Blissdom will be awesome, I'm sure! :) And hello?! Gone With the Wind is my favorite movie, too!! :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this may be one of my most favorite posts! Loved learning more about you...and the reason behind your blog name!! Love High Fidelity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you me?... "I started blogging in late 2008, but never told anyone I had a blog until late 2009. And then, it really wasn't until early 2010 that I actually had people reading on a regular basis. Overall, I'm a pretty sucky blogger. I don't post regularly, and while I do have a weekly link-up, I don't promote it well, nor do I have a button. But here I am, faults and all!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me want to bake cupcakes :) I'm not attending blissdom but I live in Nashville, does that count? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Chicago! And cupcakes! And coffee! (I don't love running, but I do it! ha!)

    I love love love love love LOVE Gone With the Wind.

    You're so cute in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could attend Blissdom. Or anything blogging related! It just isn't in the funds right now unfortunately.

    P.S. If you're ever visiting Milwaukee PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out Classy Girl Cupcakes. SO YUMMY. Their cheesecake cupcakes are AMAZING. Yum =-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted about my love for tiramisu cupcakes the other day- ha ha! Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pictures crack me up. im jealous that youre doing to blissdom. i want to go to a blog conference SO bad. have the best time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this. The photos. The awkward-ness (although it wasn't really awkward) and everything! =)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! That coffee poster if fantastic!

    I wish I was going to Blissdom. Maybe next year! Oh, and you're a saint for spending the weekend in a castle with 35 teenagers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the movie High Fidelity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE your beautiful photos that your husband took of you. SO cute! Your current header is adorable, but you need to display these pics for sure. I love Chicago too! I've been twice and can't wait to go back one day (and grab a coffee and savour some cupcakes with you!) How awesome to go to a blogging conference! I just love meeting fellow bloggers. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh hi Meghan. I'm Amber, and I too enjoy cupcakes, coffee and would enjoy Chicago if I ever made my way over! I can't wait to hang out this week.. so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading this to get to know you more :) have fun at Blissdom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. High Fidelity is a great movie... I might be biased since Iben Hjele is Danish, but who cares:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun in NYC. I would love to move there too. I'm so far behind on blogs. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're gonna have so much fun and I can't wait to hear all about it! I've never been to any blogging conference, or even a formal blogger meetup (although I've met several amazing bloggers on a one-on-one basis who have turned into very close friends)! I love posts like this and am glad you did one. :) How cute are those top pics of you?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome post! I love learning more about the bloggers whose blogs I read!

    I am not attending Blissdom, nor have I been to a blogging conference. Not sure I am at that point yet, but I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like so much fun. Ok..so when I plan my trip to NYC this spring, I am asking you for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super fantastic intro to the blog! You should have added: "I'm adorable, contagiously positive and I leave the best blog comments" :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have the most fantabulous time at blissdom! I always love learning more new things about my blogging friends. And correr means to run in spanish. There's a "c" word for ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the story behind your blog name! I've always wondered about that (yet obviously been too lazy to ask. Typical). Hope you're continuing to enjoy restaurant week! Ummm cheesecake lollipops? Holla indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. CUTE photos of you in the beginning :-D Have a blast at Blissdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so jealous you are going to a blogging conference! I have never been and have been dying to attend one since all the ALT reviews. Cannot wait to hear how it goes and so nice to find another Chicago blog. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think you're a sucky blogger at all! I love your blog!! Can't wait to hear about blissdom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...