12.27.2011

The Luckiest Gal on the Planet.

Hi everyone!  I hope y'all had the most incredible holiday weekend!  Saturday was not only my first full day of Christmas break, but as you know, it was also my hubby's birthday.  After a wonderful morning of celebrating with friends, a virtual 5K and last minute shopping, our time with family commenced!


We spent Christmas Eve with my in-laws and topped it off with midnight mass.  For the first time in years, we spent the night at my parents' house.  It was a wonderful feeling to wake up on Christmas morning in our jammies and open gifts with my family.  Some highlights???


My parents were super excited about the family portrait we ordered!  My mom has been dying for a nice family picture forever, so her excitement absolutely made my day.


IMG_1058


My sister-in-law Karen and brother Kevin said the best gifts they received were each other.  Aww.
IMG_6237


And while I thank my lucky stars for this adorable man each day, he certainly shocked me with a new Macbook Air!  We don't exchange gifts at all, and when he hinted that he had purchased "pants" for me, I immediately assumed he bought me pajama jeans!  Little did I know...


IMG_6238


After a fantastic brunch, we took our obligatory family pictures before heading to various family parties!


IMG_6250


IMG_6245


Sigh.  Christmas was pretty amazing, but one thing is certain.  I need to remember how blessed I am every.single.day - and NOT just on major holidays!


Now that the holidays are over, I am really excited that I still have TWO full weeks of vacation!  My school didn't begin break until the 23rd, and while it was a bummer at the time, I am super pumped to have so much free time left!  Much of today has been spent cleaning, grocery shopping, taking care of laundry and house projects, and of course, yoga with the greatest view ever...


IMG_1061


Here's to two more weeks of fun with friends and family! How was your holiday?

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. You are a lucky girl! Jealous of your macbook air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab Christmas! Enjoy your two week break! And of course your MacBook air.... (I'm enjoying the iPad my hubby bought me....LOVE Apple gadgets) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was kind of a bummer, sadly. But I am looking very much forward to New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice Christmas! And that is so exciting about the new laptop!!! Ahh! What a fantastic gift :) Especially since it was such a surprise!

    That view is to die for. Enjoy your two weeks of vacation! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome, glad you had a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun pictures! You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome Christmas...your mom's gift is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an awesome Christmas! I'm a big fan of awesome family times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of your laptop!!!! Your family pic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay MacBook!! =) Enjoy it, girlfriend!

    Happy New Year (in a few days)!!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are indeed lucky!!!
    Hope you had a fantastic Christmas, besides the gift! ;)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a gorgeous family! lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great Christmas! You are one lucky lady getting surprised with a MacBook air! Happy almost new year! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your husband really did surprise you!! Did you even tweet that you were getting pajama jeans? I feel like I remember that! And wow what a view for yoga! I'm loving it by the way. I can't believe it took me so long to get into it after reading how much you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for your new Mac! And I got my parents a family photo too and they loved it. I love giving good gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. merry christmas to you! wishing you a happy two weeks of bliss. you teachers deserve it...and MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, you got a great gift!! I love the family portrait...that's sweet! We gave my mom wedding books and she was thrilled!! Looks like a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The most exciting part of break for students and teachers has to be the break! It's stupendous! Hope the rest of your break goes wonderfully... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spending Christmas at home with the family sounds wonderful. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your loved ones. You and your sister are so cute!

    Your husband definitely got you good! I hope you enjoy you new laptop and your holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO jealous of your macbook air. That's gonna be my next big purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That computer is awesome! I have a macbook and it's awesome!! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hooray for you and you long break!!

    thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...