Fashion Shoots:



Disclaimer: I am so not photogenic. Also, I hate having my picture taken. I was hamming it up in the second photo, merely because I felt super awkward. That's why I love the picture of my boots. I don't have to do anything except stand there.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the entire outfit comes from Urban Outfitters. The boots are from Filene's Basement, and the leg-warmers (OBSESSION) come from Target.
I don't think I'll ever make it as a fashion blogger...
Family Time:

I love these people. They make me so happy. On Christmas Day, I really appreciated the time in between present-opening and extended family arriving for dinner. We sat, talked, laughed, ate, and waited ever so patiently for my brother to arrive from Indianapolis with his beautiful fiance and crazy dog in tow.
Baking:

My pride and joy: Oreo balls. While they were a huge hit, I really despise the mess they cause. Crushing an entire package of Oreos is NOT conducive to a neat and orderly kitchen.
Snuggles and Tea:

This is my husband. I really like him.
Church-Going:

We are really excited to have finally found a church we love in Chicago. Of course, it happens to be one of the largest churches in the city, and half of the people in attendance aren't even from Illinois, but that's what I love about it. And the fact that everyone blatantly takes pictures during mass.
Running:

I recently discovered that running in the snow is very therapeutic. And messy.
Decorating:

What better way to save Christmas cards than to place them under the tree - because friends and family are the REAL presents in life. Or something like that:)
Speaking of cards, my husband and I never send them - BUT - we have an amazing idea that we are going to execute this spring. Stay tuned!
Anywho, Happy New Year to each and every one of you. I'll have lots of pics to post from the little soiree we are hosting. I hope your night is spectacular!
Great pictures! Your oreo balls look awesome! And I am seriously loving your boots! So cute!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest! Your holiday looks awesome. Have a great New Year's, lovely lady!
ReplyDeleteYou are way too cute. I'm glad you had such a great vacation! Have so much fun at your party tomorrow, we're hosting NYE here at our place and I am SO happy we don't have to drive anywhere!
ReplyDeleteI love those boots. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful time during Christmas break, I can't remember when I last had time off between Christmas and New Years.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too!
Your hair color is to die for! Is it natural?? And, I too, am addicted to leg warmers! Enjoy what's left of your break and ring in the New Year in style, girl!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy!
k you're so much better than me at fashion posts so don't be so hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteor peyton manning. oh yea, think i forgot didn't ya? haha.
happy new year to you and your loved ones! have fun!
Beautiful pictures! You have such a lovely family! Also I too am obsessed with your legwarmers!!!
ReplyDeleteI’m so glad you’ve been able to enjoy your time off and I love seeing your little vacation story through photos.
ReplyDeleteThe 2nd pic of you blowing a kiss is absolutely adorable and the legwarmers under the boots is a great idea ;)
Oreo balls sound yummy. I must get that recipe for next year. What you said about the cards under the tree was very sweet. I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve for spring.
We’ve had a lot of snuggles and tea around these parts over the holidays too ;)
I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!
super duper pics! your church is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeletehappy new year to you! wishing you happiness in 2011.
love,
faiza
I love love love the way you fashion blog!
ReplyDeleteChampagne Sweet New Year dear Meghan!
I love having you as a blog friend. Really. So thankful we got to meet this year. Want to make it a tradition?
Hugs!
Cute, CUTE pictures!! Love the recap in photos :-) And I love your outfit and using the legwarmers with your boots!! Totally going to steal that idea ;-) Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas vacay... Seeya next year! Heheh, love saying that ;-)
ReplyDeleteOREO BALLS??
ReplyDeleteThose seem like something I need to have in my life like...yesterday.
Great photos! I seriously love those boots and the leg warmers!
ReplyDeleteRe: the oreo balls - I made those too (so, so good!) and I ground up the oreos in my blender. Not sure if that's a proper use of a blender, but it worked, and it was mess-free!
Holy Name cathedral? It really is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLoving the short 'do lady! So darn cute. Happy NYE!
ReplyDeleteyour holiday looks utterly perfect!!
ReplyDelete(i want me some oreo balls!!! though can you believe i have never had an oreo?!}
Your christmas looks like it was wonderful Meghan!! x
ReplyDeleteYou are just so adorable :) Love your shirt in your fashion shoot. And those oreo balls looks so yummy - I love them!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2011 My Friend! :)
Happy New Years Dear!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and have you entered my perfume giveaway yet?
xo
My mother-in-law makes Oreo balls and they are my complete weakness.
ReplyDeleteYou are an adorable girl--loved the fashion shoot.
You look fabulous!! And I would love to go to a church that looked like that!! Glad you guys have found a "home".
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, hun! Looks like an awesome time. And Oreo balls? Um, yes.
ReplyDeleteohh man OREO BALLS ARE MY FAVORITE! so so good! these pictures are just wonderful! and i love your outfit!!
ReplyDeleteyour red hair is so darn fabulous! seriously looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeletealso - im going to need you to send me some of those oreo balls. thanks
I'm spending next christmas with you! Looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteleg warmers and boots... shit yeeeahhh! and how cute is your family!! i'm glad you had a lovely holiday :-) too bad all of our snow is gone :-(
ReplyDeleteLove your style - happy new year!!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable and I love your hair. Its such a great idea to display cards under the Christmas tree. Thanks for the tip. Im going to remember it for next Christmas:) Happy New Year, my dear
ReplyDeleteKisses
Your outfit is very adorable and I think you photograph just beautifully! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and best wishes for 2011!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look soooooo pretty in these pics! Is your hair naturally that amazing? And I <3 Urban Outfitters.
ReplyDeleteAs for oreo balls? YUM. My stepmama taught me how to make red velvet cake balls when I was home and they were DELISH!
first-- I LOVE your fashion posts! you have the cutest smile and again as i've told you ten times and will tell you ten more times ;) your red hair! can't get over how pretty it is!!!
ReplyDeleteso ham it up, because that one is gorgeous!
i love playing with fashion but i hate photos of myself! and as much as i love my husband, i hate for him to take photos of me cos a.) i always feel awkward and b.) he rolls his eyes after the 5th picture that looks the same as the first one-- ha it takes me like 20 to get ONE decent shot i might be okay with lol
keep posting fashion cos i love your style!!! reminds me, i need to try the leg warmers look before it gets too warm. so pretty!
christmas photos under the tree-- brilliant! family and friends are after all the real presents ;)
i can't wait to see this idea of yours come to light!!!!
xoxoxo
girl I love your fashion shot, your outfit is amazing and you look so cute!! also, looks like you had so much fun baking, that looks super delicious. glad you had an amazing christmas and had time with loved ones!
ReplyDelete