Lately, I've been working long hours, so this weekend, my husband did everything in his power to pull me out of my whiny "Why do I have to be so busy all of the time?" mood and help me appreciate the holiday season.
The first thing he helped me realize? That it's easy to deal with snow when you're 29 floors up!

I also realized that nothing says "Happy Holidays" like white icicle lights...

...as well as cute but somewhat creepy little snowmen!

As a result of our somewhat festive little place, I also realized that sometimes, something as simple as leg-warmers can instantly put you in a better mood! I also realized that sometimes, it's perfectly acceptable to wear leg-warmers around the house and over pajama pants. And to bed. And when I get out of the shower in the AM. Obsessive, much?

So despite the long work hours and cold temps, I have my hubby to thank for keeping things in perspective for me and appreciating the holiday season.
How do you stay warm during the cold weather???
LOVE those legwarmers!
ReplyDeleteWe finally got logs for our fireplace this weekend. Perfect timing too, it's cold here today! (ok, like upper 50s, so cold for us, anyhow!)
I love sparkly white lights!
ReplyDeleteSO JEALOUS of the snow! I'd give up the sunny California weather for snow in a heartbeat this December. Most of the time, I love California weather, but it just feels so much more like Christmas when it's snowy! It's snowing in Georgia today so I'm crossing my fingers that when I go home to see my family on the 19th I might get to see some snow. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Leg warmers but have never known how to wear them - I think I will adopt your approach. The complete opposite of snow here, finally getting really hot Summer days, absolute perfection!
ReplyDeleteYea I bet it's way easier to deal with your balcony 29 floors up verses my big backyard full of snow. Hating it right now Blah!
ReplyDeleteLeg warmers? Maybe I should put that on my Christmas list!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite "keep warm" item is now my UGG slippers, they never come off when I'm at home!
it's doesn't snow 'round these parts...atleast not that much. we might get one little snowstorm atleast once a year.
ReplyDeletep.s. i stay warm with my snuggie. seriously, it's the best.
LOVE your legwarmers!!! Stay warm, sweetie! xoxo
ReplyDeleteMeghan, I love your positive snow attitude! Leg warmers make all the difference, don't they?
ReplyDeleteso jealous of your winterwonderland!
ReplyDeleteIts stinkin hot over here at the moment!
Enjoy the chilly season and the beauty of snow :) x
Oh my gosh, how nuts was the snow!? Seriously I am SO glad I didn't work yesterday. We stayed inside (well, I did, Dustin was nice enough to take the snow blower out 3 times AND shovel the deck for Monte)and watched movies.
ReplyDeleteYour leg warmer obession cracks me up! :)
ReplyDeleteThose lights look so cute and the snowman is adorable:) I try to cozy up on my sofa with a blanket and drink a lot of hot chocolate:) Yum!
ReplyDeleteKisses, my dear
Ps: I am hosting a beautiful home decor GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Christmas!
leg warmers rock and you wear them well. have been warming up by laughing hysterically with good friends the past few days! toasty!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, let me say that I think you are awesome and I love being blog friends with you.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures!
I stay warm with serasoft blankets EVERYWHERE in my house. : ] On the beds, on the couches, on chairs, everywhere. I don't leave them out all the time but I have them cleverly hidden in every room. : ]
I love how you narrated this one! :)
ReplyDeleteThe weather was crazy this weekend, right? We were snowed in for two days and today it's -9 degrees. I think I need to call in to work...sadly, not going to happen.
Rock those legwarmers like you are in the '80s, girlfriend!
Diggin' the leg warmers woman! It's cold here too! Although probably not AS cold. HA!
ReplyDeletei lovee your legwarmers!!!
ReplyDeleteand the creepy snowmen. i feel ya on being super busy. how do they expect us to enjoy the holidays when we're working so much. and for me, getting sick all the time. wah!
diggin those leg warmers, for sure!!!!
ReplyDeleteSnow, blergh!! It's 80* in Phoenix right now!
ReplyDeleteI totally get what you mean about the leg warmers though - sometimes it's totally necessary to wear pajamas, sweats on top of pajamas, and a snuggie on top of your sweats. I'm speaking from experience :)
I'm obsessed with leg warmers and cute hats this season!!! Love yours!!
ReplyDeleteI love this.
ReplyDeleteI mostly wear long socks. And compulsively carry around my space heater. And drink way too much tea.
But at least I stay warm, right? :)
Love the photos- especially the white lights and leg warmers! It's been in the 80's here in Los Angeles, so up until today I was still wearing summer clothes. Thankfully it has cooled down and it's starting to feel like Christmas! xoxo
ReplyDeleteooo i love legwarmers! the cold temps have finally hit here too and im just not ready - legwarmers should be worn at all times:)
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. i love the snowmen, i'm obsessed. and your leg warmers. it almost makes me want to run out and buy some immediately. but, then i remember, i live in texas where it is still 60-70 degrees, haha!!
ReplyDeleteOMG those leg warmers are AMAZEBALLS!
ReplyDeleteI'll admit it too...I like snow!! I could do without the cold but I really like the snow. We don't get a lot where I live and I always feel like something's missing around the holidays. Cute decorations! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the snowman!
ReplyDelete