I do not believe I am destined to meet a celebrity.
Why, you ask? Because as much as I would LOVE to meet someone famous and ogle over the glitz and glamour of their celeb lifestyles, I have had many close calls and epic fails. Which is why I truly believe that perhaps my brush with Hollywood just isn't in the cards. Case in point:
* Last Tuesday night, Vince Vaughn was filming a movie RIGHT OUTSIDE MY FRONT DOOR (I live next to a Smith & Wollensky restaurant). And I waited on the patio. And waited. And waited. And then ran upstairs to my balcony and continued to peer down at the restaurant. Bastard was in his trailer. (Oh, and just a side note: EVERYONE in Chicago has seen Vince at one time or another. Except me.)
* On Saturday night, my friends and I went to Big Star, an outdoor patio / taco / whiskey joint. And who was there THE NEXT DAY for brunch? Lo Bosworth, of The Hills. Really, Lo. Couldn't you have showed just 12 hours earlier???
* A few years ago, I went to Al Gore's book signing. I was SUPER stoked to meet him face to face. I waited hours, only to have the crazy tree-hugger in front of me engage him in such an important conversation about Alaskan wildlife that he could barely look at me as he signed my book.
* And take our current president, Barack Obama. The guy is from Chicago. When he's back in town, it's a big deal. Air Force One and Marine One constantly zip through the air. He frequents the best restaurants (and Blackhawks games). But never have I once caught a glimpse.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR A GIRL TO MEET SOMEONE FAMOUS, PEOPLE???
So my top 5 this week? The celebs who BETTER MAKE AN EFFORT TO MEET ME, GOSH DARNIT!
5.)Barack Obama. I don't care what anyone says - he is our prezzy and I firmly believe that he has great intentions for this country. He's eloquent, strong-willed and REAL. I'd love to pick his brain about many topics, including health care.
4.) Bradley Whitford. I know this is a strange one and all, but he was Josh Lyman, only the greatest character in television history ("The West Wing"). And I just have a feeling he'd be SO entertaining.
3.) The Pivs, aka Jeremy Piven. Because mercury poisoning and man-boobs aside, he is fiercely loyal to Chicago and we would have lots to talk about. Hopefully he'd bring his best Ari Gold charm.
2.) Chelsea Handler. Because we could laugh, and laugh, and laugh. And she wouldn't notice how nervous I was because she would be totally plastered.
1.) Lindsay Lohan. Because I just want to try on the ankle bracelet.

Don't look so bored, girl. You just made the top of everyone's lists:)
Which celebs are YOU dying to meet???

My latest installment of Cupcakes Around the World comes to us from Wichita, Kansas. A dear friend, Kim, did a little research and found an adorable little place: Monica's Bundt Cake. They have cakes and cupcakes of all flavors and sizes. Kim highly recommends the peanut butter swirl chocolate with cream cheese frosting. Anyway, feast your eyes on these bad boys, and if you live in the Wichita area, but sure to check out Monica's!



Thanks, Kim, for the awesome review! And have you checked out Miss Molly Yeh's New York cupcake extravaganza? Get to it!
I ADORE VINCE VAUGHN....FREAKING HILARIOUS.
ReplyDeleteDude, Bradley Whitford was in Adventures in Babysitting as well.
ReplyDeleteUm that cupcake is going to make me break down!
ReplyDeleteMaybe this means that when you finally do meet one, it is going to be a VERY famous one. Lo Bosworth? Small change. More like Madonna or Matthew Mcconaughey. I only know celebrities with names that begin with M...
I would DIE to meet our president. Because A) He's the Prez of the US and B) He's really good looking for an older guy.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd love to meet Michelle Obama too. That woman has STYLE.
And I want to meet Christina Aguilera. I have a major girl crush on her.
Ditto Zooey Deschanel.
I know it's cliche but I gotta say I'd wanna meet SJP. I think she'd be so NICE! Although I saw Macaulay Culkin in a coffee shop in London once and I kind of feel like I missed out on my life's purpose by not talking to him.
ReplyDeleteFirstly your hilarious about Vince Vaughn & Lohan.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many celebs I've met & others I'd love to meet. I'm going to try to meet Pat Benatar next week!! =)
I would love to meet David Boreanaz. He is so dreamy!!
Lo Bosworth is a celebrity? And maybe you should go to a Blackhawks game then you can see VV and his wiener friend John Cusack.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure Obama was not at the Hawks game when he was in town...
Lady you just need to spend more time in NYC. I saw sooo many celebs, Billy Joel, Conan, Bruce Willis (who so flirted with me), Jessica Simpson, Christina Applegate, Isabella Rossellini, and Joey Mcintyre (ha). It could just be a need to spend more time in one of your fav cities ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, Bradly Whitford...so cute. Josh was so cute. And then he got fat. Sad face.
ReplyDeleteI still love him, though.
I've met a handful of famous people. From the random, like Whoopi Goldberg, Ariana Huffington, random ones.
Then I met Sean Astin, which, as a SUPER HUGE Lord of the Rings nerd made my life.
But, strangely, the 'famous' people I've met and loved meeting the most aren't really famous to anyone outside of certain fandoms. Like Dave Alvin. Meeting him was a dream, but no one knows who he is (He's my dad's FAVORITE singer), or the cats from Royal Crown Review, or the guys from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. The guys from BBVD are the single NICEST men on this planet, their bass player, Dirk, especially. Meeting all of them was thrilling and lovely.
As for who I want to meet? Betty White, I'd love to hug. The guys from Pearl Jam, to make my brother jealous, the President of course, and Michael Emerson. So that I can latch on to his leg and never let go.
Also I'd like to meet Kate, from LOST, just to punch her in the face. Because GOD I HATE HER. So much.
Longest comment ever.
I'm following your blog because, wow, nice to hear someone NOT bashing the prezzy. Annnndddd I want to meet Jake Gyllenhaal. Might be in love with him.
ReplyDeleteYou are super funny and this post made me smile really, really big. And I totally think you and Chelsea would get along. I hope you meet her.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling you will meet a celebrity in Europe...just a hunch now that you've put it out to the universe! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I love this one. I've never met a celebrity either, but I do believe that you'll see Mr. Vaughn soon. It's fate.
ReplyDeletelove the West Wing! and Jeremey Piven. Love him in his tiny role in Say Anything. When our girls are getting to rowdy, we're always like "You must chill" Good list!
ReplyDeleteOh no too bad you were so close but yet so far...I know you will meet someone great soon, I just know it! ;) I once met McDreamy, well, not really but I saw him jogging in Santa Monica. That counts, right?
ReplyDeletehahahahaha you want to try on lindsays ankle bracelet! Brilliant!
ReplyDeletePerez hilton is my guilty pleasure.
I've met a few famous people.. but none worth mentioning!
xxx
With the exception of Barack, your best bet is to get arrested in Hollywood. You'll meet pretty much everyone you want to meet there.
ReplyDeletei'm with you on barack, lilo and chelsea...also would love to meet elizabethj gilbert, paul rudd and max ryan (rikard in the new SATC).
ReplyDeleteoh oh and SJP!!!
ReplyDeleteI think you'll end up sharing a cupcake with Vince one day, that's my prediction. :)
ReplyDeleteLindsey Lohan? Bahaha!
ReplyDeleteDid I tell you that I was once a few feet away from Eric Dane? It was at a Farmer's Market in L.A. My husband's aunt was shoving me over to him to ask for a picture, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!
Biggest. Regret. Ever.
umm dont throw rocks. but i went to a cubs game once...and bellied up to the concession stand next to mr.vaughn...
ReplyDeleteand then passed him on the way out after the game.
BUT thats like my one and only good celeb story. until i meet Gaga this summer:)
oooohhhhh Vince Vaughn is hilarious, he would be so awesome to see!!
ReplyDeleteI would like to openly admit that my cupcakes are the best this side of the ocean. I would love to let you try one or two but I dont know if they'd travel well??? Maybe you should come to England for a laugh. No better reason than to munch cupcakes hey. Nom nom nommmmm xxx
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha. I love this
ReplyDeleteUhmm he's dead but I would want to meet Cary Grant.
I love old movies too! I mean, I really really love Audrey but Katharine is fantastic as well. Oh and I'm obsessed with Jimmy Stewart. And anything Frank Capra did. Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe are also fantastic.
Have you seen the old Little Women? Either of them? There's one with Elizabeth Taylor and one with Katharine Hepburn. I own them both and they're both amazing.
p.s. I'm SO excited for you to go to Europe!! Have so much fun!!
If it makes you feel better, I work three blocks from the White House and have even been to a meeting at the White House and have NEVER met Obama.
ReplyDeleteNor have I met anyone else famous for that matter. Not even at a book signing.
Your cupcake blog makes me want to eat cupcakes all day every day. There is a great cupcake place in DC called Hello Cupcake and I will do a review on it as soon as I remember my camera and have enough $$.
Have a great weekend!
Peyton Manning. More athlete, less celebrity, but still. One of these days, I will meet him. It's bound to happen.
ReplyDeleteWheee! Great list! I can tell you that I actually HAVE met Jeremy Piven. It was at a bar in Hollywood and only for a second and we really only said hi to one another. But he seemed ok. If not a little drunk.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to meet Chelsea!
Other than that, I'm not sure. Because of where I used to live/work I would see celebs pretty frequently. It was pretty fun sometimes. :)
wow! how exciting. :) i can't help but get excited sometimes when i'm so close to a famous person. haha.
ReplyDeletexo.
LOL LOL!! you are so funny!! sorry you keep having these CLOSE calls....but nothing...it will happen ;)
ReplyDeleteI want some Timothy Olyphant action. Have you seen that dude? HOLY CRAP!
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled across your blog (love it!). Eventually you'll meet a celeb. I think the stars are just waiting to introduce you to one of your top five. I'd kill to meet Chelsea.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just adore your cupcake feature!
okay, i seriously DIED when you said:
ReplyDelete"i just want to try on the ankle bracelet."
god love ya!
you're so cute.
:)
xo.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHahahahah...you are so funny! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog...So sweet of you! Cant wait to read more of your posts:)
ReplyDeleteKisses and enjoy your weekend:)
ahh i cannot believe Vince was so so so close and you didnt see him.
ReplyDeleteyou are having alot of celeb misses. but you would be surprised how many you have walked past and had absolutely no idea it was them! when they want to they really can go unnoticed!!
I would absolutely DIE if i met lindsay.
Oh I'd love to meet Vince! He's so funny! You have to go to LA. I just went there and saw so many celebs. If you go, hang out at the Roosevelt Hotel. They go to the bar there.
ReplyDeleteWowzer - those cupcakes are AMAZING! I want one NOW. Too bad Michigan has nothing of the sorts :(
ReplyDelete