6.22.2010

Guest Post: Mary Beth from "Live.Work.Design."

Top 5 Things I Keep Moving With

I was so excited to help Meghan out with a guest post as she explores Europe over the next several days. One of my favorite columns that Meghan writes is “Top 5 Thursday” and although it’s not Thursday I couldn’t resist a chance to share my own “top 5” with all of you. Having moved this past Memorial Day weekend from north east Wisconsin to Minneapolis (with my fiancĂ© Andy) I could not escape the thought of moving boxes piled high, filled to the brim with all of our stuff. Where did it all come from? Why am I moving from house to house with boxes full of old birthday cards? It got me thinking of the items we hold near and dear to us and just can’t give up. So today I leave you the top 5 things I keep moving from house to house.


1) Two of my grandfather’s paintings that were passed onto me.


paintings1


2) Danish Modern side table passed down to my fiancé (along with his collection of Dwell magazines).

sidetable2

3) Miss Jade—the only plant we have kept alive for over 2 years!

Jade3

4) Bobble heads, I must say they’ve grown on me.

bobblehead4

5) The Danish Modern dresser I found at St. Vincent de Paul for $125. After restoration it will be worth over $1,000 I however am too in love with it to ever sell it.

dresser5

What do you keep moving from house to house with?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. all excellent things to move from home to home! everything has great meaning, value and adds loveliness to your home.

    i haven't moved in 7 years but if i do, i am sure i would be taking art, some furniture, yearbooks and lots of books with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that cross stitch picture! And the dresser its on!

    Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything that you've kept moving with. That dresser is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those paintings are lovely and I need a good plant in my new apt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...