6.16.2009

Rehab Madness.

As many of you know, Mikey and I are moving into an apartment at Marina City.  Marina City is definitely unique, as the buildings are round and affectionately referred to as "corncobs".  They've also been around forever - which is why Mikey and I are in the midst of a rehabbing tornado.  We've been swallowed by two layers of bad wallpaper and paint.  The place is a total disaster and we're exhausted, but the saving grace is that the unit no longer looks like it belonged to Mrs. Roper (you know, of "Three's Company" fame). It's looking, dare I say it, normal!  Modern!  

I must say that stripping wallpaper is gross - especially when there are not one, but TWO layers that have most likely been up for 30 some years.  My hands are a total disaster and I am in desperate need of a manicure, but we're excited that we can finally begin painting! 

We decided to focus on the main living area first, and I am pleased to present our wall color of choice - "Asparagus".  Our thought is to follow this same color scheme in terms of wall, trim and furniture, but also add pops of blues and purples in our pillows and accent pieces.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  We'll continue to post more as decisions are made!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm painting my office in our house Asparagus. LOVE IT! How crazy that out of all the color swatches in the world we picked the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg...I love blogs. So, count me in as a regular reader. Here are a few that (you probably already read) I love...www.sfgirlbybay.com and www.doorsixteen.com

    They have remodeled their places and have fun modern taste...sometimes tinged by too much shabby chic, but still really cute.

    Good luck with the house! Luv the color. Did you test it out in your lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! your place is going to be uber awesome, i love reading about it! happy belated b-day, by the way, sounds like you had a fun little adventure! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are continuing your big and bold theme into your living space! We just did some paint shopping tonight and we are painting our living room a terra cotta color. I can't wait to see your space!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...