However, before I get married, I had to celebrate the big 2-9 over the weekend!
My birthday was May 28th and my friend Jen's was May 29th. I like to think each year we plan a fabulous joint party, and this year was no exception!
On Friday evening, a group of 15 of us visited Tango Sur on the north side for copious amounts of wine and Argentinian meat.
I need to learn how to use "Photoshop for Wine Lovers" - pardon the purple mouth. The malbec was just too good to pass up!
Christy and Kevin, enjoying dinner. Yes, Christy is wearing a napkin. Do not ask.
Jeremy, Danielle and Kevin. Check out Kevin's blog, Minor League Summer. Below them are Julie and Jen, two lovely yet sassy ladies!
After dinner and approximately 20 bottles of wine, we continued the wine pattern and visited one of my favorite places in the city, 404 Wine Bar. The evening ended at a little-known establishment, Liar's Club, which has quickly become one of my favorites.
What can I say? 28 was a great year. It was my golden birthday. I continued wedding planning. I took on the challenge of advising another co-curricular organization and taught a new class that turned out to be more fulfilling than ever imagined. 29 promises to bring on even more and exciting events with a move back to the city and the biggest day of my life:) Perhaps like a fine wine, one does get better with age?
These great pics make me sad I had to miss dinner!! I'm glad we got to hang, though.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I would go so far as to say that Liar's Club is a new favorite ... hmmm.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture of the wine bottles...I took that one with your camera when you weren't looking!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Meghan! WAY belated! Forgive me I am so out of touch...
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lisa