1.) Workin' on my fitness
Since the marathon, I've tried to incorporate more HIIT workouts and strength training in my regimen. Luckily, I also had a one month subscription to ClassPass. For those of you who aren't familiar, ClassPass is a service that allows you access to dozens of fitness studios in several cities. For $99/month, you have unlimited access* to fitness classes and most likely save money** in the long run. You book directly through ClassPass, as opposed to the individual studios. When I lived in Chicago, this would have been PERFECT for me, as I love to try new places and constantly bounced around from barre to barre:) However, I am now limited due to my suburban location, so while I didn't get to take advantage of the free month as much as I would have liked, I did get to visit Shred415 (Old Town and Wicker Park studios) and the new Flywheel (Old Town), which has both Flywheel spin classes AND Flybarre.
*Some studios have a limit as to how many times you can visit per month. For example, Shred415 is limited to three visits/month.
**A regular drop-in class for Shred415 is $24, and Flywheel is $25. So, if you visit Shred three times ($72) AND visit Flywheel three times in one month ($75), you EASILY save money by booking through ClassPass.
Flybarre at Flywheel. The Old Town studio is ridiculously gorgeous, btw.
2.) Hosting Thanksgiving
Mike and I successfully hosted 27 people for the first time, which included both of our families. I thought we had a decent set-up: appetizers, desserts and drinks in our kitchen/living area, and tables/dinner in our basement. It was definitely nerve-wracking leading up to the big day, but I am so glad it went off without a hitch, and we learned a lot in the process.
I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I did manage to snap the following:
I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I did manage to snap the following:
Our mantle! It's the closest to Pinterest that I got:)
Our apps. I really wanted to document the beautiful flowers that our friend provided for us.

And of course, our little turkey. Her hair is so out of control these days that I usually have to wet it to stay in place:)
3.) Speaking of the holidays, we're finally getting ready for Christmas!
From visiting to Santa to decorating to Christmas shopping, the holidays are in full swing here. I have less than two weeks of school left until my break, and I cannot wait to spend it with this little nugget. But…we WON'T be going to see Santa again anytime soon...

I honestly couldn't help but laugh when this happened. Does this make me an awful mother?
4.) Finishing house projects.
Thanksgiving really lit a fire under us to finish up some house projects, including the built-in shelves in our bedroom. We've been in our home for a little over a year now, and I can honestly say it's FINALLY coming together. And this is a promise that over my break, I will share a little house tour here on the blog.
In addition to a house tour, I'll be sharing some holiday decor, Mikey's birthday, and some more fitness-related posts over the next few weeks! But more importantly, what's new with YOU?
***ClassPass provided me with a free one month subscription. All opinions expressed are my own.
Good to see you in my feed this AM :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE that picture with Santa. Thank you so much for sharing! Made my day!
Happy Holidays! Christmas will be so fun this year with Layla up and about!!
27 people! You go girl! What a blessing to have all those loved ones over for Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteHee hee, is it awful if it makes ME laugh?! I bet next year her reaction will be much different! :)
I'm so impressed that you hosted that many people- wow! And I can't wait to see a house tour! Isn't Flybarre kinda cool?! I took it at the Highland Park location before it closed down only complaint is that you are SO close to your neighbor...hope I don't sweat too much and annoy them lol!
ReplyDeleteAaaah! The little turkey is walking! So much fun and sheer chaos too! Enjoy! We hosted 13 and honestly I'm SO sick of cooking I'm grateful we're off the hook on entertaining for the rest of the year.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your home tour!!! And that Santa picture, amazing!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are doing great! I love the Santa photo lol
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she's walking!!! So glad you're back to blogging! I've missed you!!
ReplyDeleteIs it wrong that I want to bring Henry to Santa in hopes of a shot like that?! Bad Santa photos are the BEST. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteOh that picture with Santa, haha. It doesn't make you a bad mom that you laughed! I'm glad that Thanksgiving was successful for you, that's a lot of people!!
ReplyDeleteI also laughed at that picture of your daughter. I must be a horrible person. You are amazing for hosting that that many people for Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy and I love seeing what you did for Thanksgiving. You are not horrible. I would have laughed to and I think laughing in that moment makes you a happy mother - enjoying every bit of your daughter, even the scary cries she has when sitting on Santa's lap. :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you all!!
xoxo